Jimquisition: Nintendo of America

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Nintendo of America

Nintendo is scared of only two things -- good PR, and the wrath of some random fat limey blogger on the Internet. Truly, Reggie Fils-Aime is going to do a rabbit poo in his pants when he watches this life-changing video.

Watch Video

Very harsh, yet completely called for. I have no idea how a giant company like Nintendo can be this bad at localization.

Congrats, Jim. You've made a regular viewer out of me.

I do still hold a grudge over the AP review and whatnot.

Wow. Nintendo can be pricks.

They did the same thing with earthbound and the rest of the Mother series. They won't even release earthbound on the virtual console, due to fairly minor legal reasons. Maybe its time they grow some balls.

I seen a Pinkie avatar on the facebook page :D

But yeah, I'll have to agree with you on quite abit of this

The really painful part is, that after looking at those sales charts, they are just being illogical. It makes no sense whatsoever to withhold these games...unless they gonna try sell them to you at the WiiU launch to increase the success of that

Do I detect a satire of MovieBob's always-uncritical fellating of Mario's mushroom?

It does sort of smell like Nintendo lost track of their brains on that decision...

Agree with the commentd here. I'm a ""PC-gaming god" and watching those clips made me wonder if it wasn't time to dip into the JRPG pool again. Something I haven't done since the mid PS2 era.

Of course I live in eurpoe, so I could, but that does not change the fact that Nintendo are big pricks. They could at least give a good explenation why...

Also Jim. Nice episode. A bit over the top for my tastes, but I guess everyone has to vent every now and then so no harm done :)

hey the mic drop is back.
All true Jim, I dont like or care for any of those games but it still makes business sence to sell them to your biggest market.

Wow, Jim made sense! Truly the end of times us uppon us!

Really, another good video Jim. Getting better all the time.

Jim... this is an instance... I thank god for you.

I honestly forgive the slow and rocky start of the show. I am officially sold.

Advocacy of piracy, albeit under rather specific conditions, from an editor-approved Escapist video.

Huh. I haven't seen that happen before.

the spud:

They did the same thing with earthbound and the rest of the Mother series. They won't even release earthbound on the virtual console, due to fairly minor legal reasons. Maybe its time they grow some balls.

There were actual legal reasons? I heard fans of the game were translating it but I'm not sure if they completed it.

Anyway, wow that was quite some dichishness coming from nintendo america. I wonder if they're waiting to release those games as wiiu exclusives to spur initial sales with the hardcore crowd.

Herp Derp, we heard you like ipads, so...

I have to ask, if it's getting released in Europe, then it's got an English translation, there's almost zero reason to not have a US release.

Also, the Okami figures, 35k in Japan, 380k in the US? damn...

Hey all of these games are coming to Europe thanks Nintendo of Europe!!

I honestly am glad for once I live in the PAL region. I am so gonna get those games. I'm pissed off about the lack of US localisation because I hate limey accents in my games. That and those games are essentially life rafts for the Wii that Nintendo Of America are ignoring because they are dead focused on the 3DS and the upcoming Wii U.

I hope NOA release those games for you Americans because the will be awesome. I know I'll have to import it from England because it won't get released in Australia but atleast it's compatable with my Wii.

At least Jim Sterling did a 2nd video that actually focuses on a worth while topic.

Ow. Turns out there ARE negative side effects to rolling your eyes for five minutes straight. I don't have a Wii, never trusted Nintendo to begin with and do not care whether or not some particular Japanese games get released for a system I never plan to buy.

All that being said, the last minute or so was well taken. If a company has products that they own the rights to, could stand to make a profit from releasing and could do so in a relatively short time frame, then they're dicks if they just refuse to release those products because they hate you.

Heh, I've been a 'regular viewer' since episode 1 of jimquisition. And I can say, apart from 1 episode that kinda sucked in between, the show just keeps on getting better and better to me. :P I agree totally with your harsh criticism of nintendo. I stepped away from nintendo after having had the gamecube for a while anyway, though.

I do have a nintendo DSi XL, but that's because I like some of the classics that they bring out on it. (FF4, mario 64, disgaea, golden sun though it's a new story, etc.)

I am getting a little sick of Nintendo nowadays. They seem to be in a bit of a rut, with absolutely no intention of trying to get out of it. I've lost respect for them.

Jim is right on this one. Nintendo of America is acting like a bunch of dicks.

What?! Nintendo has very good games for the Wii that it seems to just not want to sent to anywhere other than Japan? I....Damn....I have never felt more sorry for Nintendo gamers than right now. Why the hell won't they send their American fans these games if it will just make them more money?

<_> Does not compute.
I'm not even a Nintendo gamer but, Nintendo of America,
>_< "Bite my shiny metal ass!" Bender Bending Rodriguez, year 3000.

Jimbo needs to get back in the suit and tie combo he used to have. Looked much more.... inquisitorial then...

For some reason I expected him to do some 'rasslin moves at the end there when he walked up to the camera all WWE like. :D

WHOOOOOO!!!!! THE MIKE DROP IS BACK!!!!!!

I just knew this was going to turn into an ALL CAPS RAGE

How does NOA maintain a business model that involves repeatedly telling fans literally begging to give them their money no? This isn't the first time they've done this shit; Mother 3 ring any bells? I understand that they've probably been burned before by niche-market games but this is ridiculous.

Fronzel:
Do I detect a satire of MovieBob's always-uncritical fellating of Mario's mushroom?

No? There's nowhere in the video where he makes jabs at anyone who really likes Nintendo. And the "satire" he did was him "acting out" a portrayal of Nintendo of America.

You see the silly thing here is that he's leaving himself open to the possibility that Nintendo of America is going to actually localize the games. Nintendo normally doesn't do things that are TERRIBLY fiscally irresponsible, and there is almost NO REASON to only localize it for Europe.

Jim you mic you use for the pseudo-dictator parts is not very good. My theory is you drop it all the time. Why don't you use the one you record the good sounding parts of the show hidden in your podium.

-Dragmire-:

the spud:

There were actual legal reasons? I heard fans of the game were translating it but I'm not sure if they completed it.

Anyway, wow that was quite some dichishness coming from nintendo america. I wonder if they're waiting to release those games as wiiu exclusives to spur initial sales with the hardcore crowd.

There were several music loops in earthbound that closely resembled other songs from people like the beatles and whatnot. Nintendo didn't want to risk a lawsuit. The thing is, several other nintendo games have had tracks similiar to others and they have been rereleased several times without legal reprocussion.

Can anyone make that herp derp bit into a file? I want to have it to play at moments ^o^

I concur with Jim with this. Somehow, Reggie Fils Aime is not doing the job right. NoA still thinks that any game that is localized to America will flop like Earthbound series.

I guarantee you NoA, if you localize the Mother series, you fans will go "Shut up and take my money".

F**k you Nintendo.

Yeah, I said it. I bought every single of their consoles ever since the NES and even bought every single of their handhelds, plus some of their re-releases, like the GameBoy Pocket (wich is MUCH better than the brick GB IMO), and I was even proud of owning a Wii and heck, I'm proud of the library I made about great Wii titles, BUT, not localizing a game that's already localized and not releasing 3 insanely wanted titles here on America seems like a dick move on anyone's book standards.

It seems like Nintendo are a bunch of trolls.

So ? The Nintendo fanboys/girls will continue to worship them. They know that they can fuck with everyone and won't be called out or if they will be the fans will bury any criticism in hate. That's why we keep gatting shitty rehashes of mario and zelda games over and over and over again. Or something.

They're cocky. Why do they need to lead into the release of the Wii U strongly? The Wii made unreal amounts of money. They don't feel the need to actually do anything more. They know the Wii U will sell stupid amounts too.

If there's a video that deserves the return on the mike drop, it's this one. I've heard Jim rage about this on Podtoid, and it deserved a video.

[Edit:] Also... trying to make "Reggie is a piece of meat" cross over from Destructoid, are ya?

I'm sorry, but this is just pathetic. Okay, so you don't agree with a business decision they made. That's fine, but there is no need to be an immature prick about it. I'm sorry that you've just now arrived at the crushing realization that Nintendo isn't in the game to be your BFF, and actually tend to do their own things with the intent of what would be best for the company and shareholders because the entire rasion d'etre of a corporation is to maximize profits for the shareholders: NOT to make you happy and be your BFF. Odds say NDA didn't do this out of spite: they had a legitmate reason for not bring these games over.

Sometimes Jim Sterling can make a good point, but this episode is just beyond pathetic. It's like a little kid getting mad about realizing that gaming companies aren't our friends. Be a god damn realist about this, would you?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here