LoadingReadyRun: Canadian Girlfriend

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Canadian Girlfriend

Some problems create bigger, stupider problems.

Watch Video

I also have an alaskin girlfriend *shifts eyes*

Oh man. This was a good one. Top Drawer :)

Now I'm curious: What do Alaskans say about their "girlfriends"? Do they, like other Americans, say they're in Canada, or would they rather say Russia instead?

(Remember, Alaska and Russia were connected by a land bridge once.)

Also....I haven't defriended Scott's mom.... have I? o_O

By the way, I feel so out of the loop for not even know Google Plus exists.

All in all, happy Canada Day 2011! ^_^

I'm going to side with James on this one. Who goes to a five year reunion?

I need a Canadian girlfriend now.

Ah that's so easier in Europe.

Music so awesome that headphones can't be plugged into it lest it blow their little wired minds.

my friends just say they live in the UK.
just solved a "Canadian girlfriend" for the Canadians!
I was laughing so hard I agree it is the top drawer!

Mydnyght:

Well, it did only launch last week. Was huge news in the tech blogosphere, though. And if the LRR crew actually did get Google+ invites, I am super insanely jealous.

Calvin and Hobbes deluxe collection in the background. Nice.

"I've defriended your mom on facebook." was a very nice line.

MowDownJoe:

Mydnyght:

Well, it did only launch last week. Was huge news in the tech blogosphere, though. And if the LRR crew actually did get Google+ invites, I am super insanely jealous.

James is, in fact, on Google+. As far as I can tell though, Graham is not. His "Canadian Girlfriend" is though.

Does this mean we can use said music for our own personal non-profit projects? I know how some of these things are...

Had to stop the video so I could compliment Graham. Nice shirt, brah.

Edit: Also, is that other guy (sorry, I'm bad at names) wearing a Serenity Rose shirt?

Canadian Bacon? You mean Back Bacon, or as I call it.... fried ham, is of course far inferior to 'American Bacon' sliced from pork belly, aka real Bacon.

Happy Independence Day!

No Bacon Hate Please.

Heh, so then who was the one organising it...

Wait, I have a Canadian fiancee, does this mean she doesn't exist?

88chaz88:
Wait, I have a Canadian fiancee, does this mean she doesn't exist?

yeah she does not exist
until she comes back from Alaska on business.

HOLY SHIT.

I'm not even kidding, I was literally having that word-for-word conversation about Google+ with my brother right in front of the video loading.

STOP READING MY MIND.

So in one fell swoop you celebrate both the US 4th and the Canadian 1st.

MowDownJoe:

Mydnyght:

Ha ha.

Fantastic episode. I had a smile the whole way through.

Also, I too, have Google Plus. Everyone be super jealous of me for 5 minutes.

Before I was my fiancé's fiancée or his French girlfriend, I was his Canadian girlfriend, so I was drawn to that video, and I wasn't disappointed. It's pretty funny, and I liked the digressions about the mom or Google+.

God dammit, I have a canadian girlfriend...

its so wonderful that LRR can mention that 3rd world country like state that is Alaska.

anyway, i thought this was rather funny. As somoene who usually gets accused of having a Canadian Girlfriend (though at one point I did have a real giirlfriend from canada) just cause most of my gfs live in larger cities away from Pittsburgh but still in PA, I thought this was rrather funny.

Oh Graham... I'll be your girlfriend, if only because you technically qualify as a foreign businessman...

oh no
why did you have to make graham to the most unbearable lame guy in the universe
i really don't see the problem in this

why not just tell your people that you only did this for your mom?
i mean what can people relate more to? having a girlfriend at all times or having overbearing parents...
jeez

When I was looking at the title I kept thinking, "wait aren't you guys already in Canada?" and then when you got to that part it finally made sense. Anywho, funny skit guys, that was really good dialogue.

P.S. Sorry about the "bacon" thing.

Nice! I remember some of you guys talking about 'Canadian girlfriends' in some podcast not too long ago because someone had asked what the Canadian equivalent would be and some of y'all had never heard of the term but decided that it'd probably be Alaska. Did this just spring fully formed from that podcast?

i am american
i actually do have a canadian girlfriend
and now it feels like a lie...

but i know it is not a lie...

Hmm, I know of a couple American guys who came up here to marry their Canadian girlfriends, but I seem to know more American girls who came up here to marry their Canadian boyfriends. Or girlfriends.

Alexander Cunningham:
I also have an alaskin girlfriend *shifts eyes*

I have a Canadian girlfriend myself good man. *looks around* And you can't prove it either way!

I think Alaskans just say their girlfriends are in the lower states or in Hawaii.

Good stuff. Although I laughed hardest at the very end when the headphones weren't plugged in. I guess I'm weird, oh well.

Was watching after the episode and suddenly... I HAVE THOSE HEADPHONES TOO!!!

Ok now I have that out of my system, loved the episode, too funny!, wonder if I could get away with that in England... say I have a Welsh girlfriend or something... I must test this, for science!

OK, the important bit - can I have a google + invite? Please?
I may even make cookies and fly out to Canada in exchange for one!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here