No Right Answer: Best Batman Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Best Live-Action Batman: Michael Keaton
Best Animated Batman: Kevin Conroy

Best Overall Batman: Michael Keaton

Guys, guys. There's no argument here. Kevin Conroy IS the god damn Batman!

Seriously, those are the two you wanna pick from? for fucks sake Adam West is a better batman then both of those idiots put together.
The serious Best is Christian Bale, the batman voice he does is a bit over the top, but overall he is the best Period

Siris:
No! Wrong! The Animated Series was the best Batman!

Agreed, I also think Mark Hamill is a way better Joker then Heath Ledger.

Actually I was just in an argument yesterday about who the "real" superman is. She grew up with Christopher Reeves, and I grew up with the DCAU.

SaneAmongInsane:

Yes the Voice and mania are awesome from Hamill, Ledger Just did a more subtle creepier Joker with less manic psychosis

Arif_Sohaib:
I would have to vote for Christian Bale as the best Batman. Every other movie turned him into a cartoon, good cartoons but cartoons. Batman Begins finally took it seriously.

I agree. I don't have a problem with his voice and I thought Michael Keaton was a boring Bruce Wayne.

Treaos Serrare:

SaneAmongInsane:

Yes the Voice and mania are awesome from Hamill, Ledger Just did a more subtle creepier Joker with less manic psychosis

Yes yes, it just annoys me how most casual fans will worship that performance but when I bring up Mark Hamill they're just like "WTF? When did Luke Skywalker play the joker?" and then I die a little inside.

Firefilm:
Best Batman Ever

Using good choices would be too easy. Only the true debaters would tackle these options of the superior Dark Knight.

Watch Video

The best Bruce Wayne? Michael Goddamned Keaton. He had it down to the eyebrows.

The only reason we tend to give the "best batman" to the most recent, I'd argue, is because the suit has improved. I think everyone still chuckles whenever Keaton has to completely turn his upper body to look in any direction. But that's not on him, it's on a suit that lacks points of articulation.

Given the best suit, I'd say it's still Keaton.

voorhees123:
Michael Keaton. Easy answer and no contest. Christian Bale would be number one except for his stupid growly voice that fucks it up.

My thoughts precisely.

Such a pity Keaton's career went to shit after taking that role, though.

People, they did westerns last and came up with Back to the Future and Fievel. It's kinda the point.

I love how in all your videos, you pick the most unlikely candidates. Yes, for comic effect, Adam West is the most likely candidate, but he's still acknowledged as a definite Batman actor. But Val Kilmer and George Clooney are THE most forgotten batman actors ever. (In case of Clooney, more like wanting to forget)
I've heard and accepted the arguments for every other Batman, West, Bale, Conory, Keaton, but NEVER Kilmer and Clooney, and that's why I love this show?
Oh, and what's with the product-placement? For reals or just trolling? I don't mind either way, I've never heard of any of the drinks, and it's not like they can affect the integrity of the show. (Oh, Clooney winning was clearly because of his affinities with the soda-companies.)

I don't know, but the soda plugging is absolutely hilarious to me.

Well done.

Michael Keaton for sure. Clooney was also good.

Adam west? He was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

I fucking love Jones' Soda. Seriously they need to sell it again in England.

Adam West.

I still hate how this is a glorified ad buuuuuuuut it's good...And they're both wrong, Adam West is the only batman.

Adam West all the way! No one can dance better than him!

Aw man, I was hoping for something like Bruce Wayne or Nightwing...
I'd still say it needs some polish, but you're getting there.

So, do you guys actually have a deal with Jones soda, or do you do the blatant product-placement just because it's totally hilarious?

George Clooney is a less bad Batman because Val Kilmer has blue eyes.

Batman has brown eyes.

In my opinion both of them are Terribly wrong... I would say it is by far Kevin Conroy and Michael Keaton as second.

Duffeknol:
Also Kevin Conroy is the best batman duuuuhhhh.

Awww Yiss. Arkham Asylum (game) Batman in particular, but also Animated Series Batman.

The Escapist community has spoken. Kevin Conroy is the best Batman.

No adam west? Im sorry but anyone who can play batman as "Seriosly" as he did, in such a campy setting as that show was, is the best batman

OT: sing it with me :D Adam wessst, aaadam weeesssst, aaaadaaaam wwweesssst

I'd say it's close between Kevin Conroy and Micheal Keaton. Conroy comes out on top though. And yes, it probably is nostalgic bias talking, but I don't care.

Kevin Conroy from both the Animated series AND Arkham Asylum (the game).

But for Bruce Wayne, call me crazy but I think Adam West was best. Cheesy terrible batman, but as Bruce Wayne he was super fly in the way a guy could only be as a man of the 60's.

And once again we see why making this a real debate would make it a better show: Adam West versus Kevin Conroy.

Fun fact: Adam West is the best. He even rhymes!

Dude, worst debate evar! They debated on who was the best Batman, but chose between the two worst Batmans ever. I hope they aren't serious.

Did they purposely pick the two worst Batmans ever?

This isn't a very funny concept.

This is difficult because we have yet to have a Batman movie where the studio wasn't pressing the villian in your face rather than the main character. Sure the main character had more lines and more camera time, or whatever, but who stuck out at you better?

Keaton or Nickelson?
Kilmer or Carrey and Jones?
Clooney or Arnold?
Bale or the immortal Ledger?

Maybe Clooney and Arnold was a even-sided fight, but my point remains valid that Batman and Bruce Wayne have not been pressed to their fullest genuine potential.

If I was forced to vote, I would vote Kilmer with Keaton as a close second. I just wish Kilmer had had a better director. I do agree that Clooney did the best Bruce Wayne, but his Batman was proportionately as dull.

I also fully believe that Val Kilmer played the best cowboy in the history of western films in Tombstone.

I love how they can actually go on with a debate without cutting each other off or starting a heated argument. It shows maturity on both parties and prolongs the show's entertainment.

Varya:
I love how in all your videos, you pick the most unlikely candidates. Yes, for comic effect, Adam West is the most likely candidate, but he's still acknowledged as a definite Batman actor. But Val Kilmer and George Clooney are THE most forgotten batman actors ever. (In case of Clooney, more like wanting to forget)
I've heard and accepted the arguments for every other Batman, West, Bale, Conory, Keaton, but NEVER Kilmer and Clooney, and that's why I love this show?
Oh, and what's with the product-placement? For reals or just trolling? I don't mind either way, I've never heard of any of the drinks, and it's not like they can affect the integrity of the show. (Oh, Clooney winning was clearly because of his affinities with the soda-companies.)

Jones soda is actually really awesome, if I had a show, I'd advertise it. And I fucking hate soda.

but, those two movies where horrible

Good Luck, Have Batman. And btw for the future No Right Answer, I feel that adding polls to your comments for your videos would be really cool since, you know, your videos are debates.

Kevin Conroy - best Batman
Michael Keaton - best "Live Action" Batman

I find it funny that they chose to debate over the two worst batmen. Good for lolz.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here