Zero Punctuation: Alice: Madness Returns

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Alice: Madness Returns

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews American McGee's sequel adaptation of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Now with more creepy baby doll heads!

Watch Video

I really liked the game, but hey, Yahtzee hates everything xD

Its his job to hate everything

for some reason, that didnt sound like yahtzee to me...

I honestly don't think I took in what you were saying during the review at all, because GOD GOD man what happened to your voice, when'd did you get your voicebox replaced with some sort of cheese grater wind tunnel?

Ha ha, the ending was so anti climatic that I laughed hard.

Wait, is this Yahtzee? It kind of sounds like him, but it kinda doesnt. Gives you a weird feeling when listening.

Yahtzee, I hope your cold feels better soon.

Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.

That little laugh at the end was great, no idea why I found it so funny.

Maybe he has a cold? Or it's a new mic?

Genixma:
Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.

That'd be the winter cold... He's in Australia, it's winter here... And at least where I'm from, EVERYONE has this cold.

This person tried to sound like Yahtzee, but it's as if certain inflections were different. Return our Yahtzee alien scum. We are gamers and we have a long and storied history of knowing how to blast your kind back into space.

He seems to talk faster than usual and not making points for quite a while. The first alice game intrigued me but I never played it.
So I guess it was somewhat ok, but not worth the time to play it now.

Oh, and I already hated the cut out animations in the trailer. Glad I'm not the only one.

And fucking awesome laugh at the end ^^

The voice, sounds so strange and alien. Good summary of the game though, been wondering what it was all about

I think this video had been vaca-ing in the uncanny valley

Obviously has a cold guys but you can still tell it's Yahtzee...

On the other note, can really not decide if I should rent this game or not. It sounds interesting though. Hmm.

Sounds like he bought his old voice back.

Also, quadruple jump? ...Seriously?

He's got a point, though - the original game was fun for a while, but overall really wasn't very good. Might think about getting this one for the HD re-release.

I have always found the fact that he puts his name on his games a little more disturbing than the subject matter of said games.

Genixma:

He lives in Brisbane, Australia, Southern Hemispehere. If he has a cold, it's a Winter Cold :P
Edit: Got ninja'd, damn

Most likely is a cold though, it was last time his voice was like that.

As for the review, kinda makes me consider giving Alice a go. I'd never really thought about it

Soveru:
Its his job to hate everything

Not really ots his jobs to give his opinion in a comical way, it just so happens he dislikes a lot of games, also for those saying he sounds differant, he just has a cold its happened before

Wait wait, i get it! yahtzee purposefully did some seriously surreal voice manipulating in order to evoke the sense that us, THE VIEWERS, are going mad!

brilliant move! i'm... not sure... if this thread actually exists anymore. did i just watch something?

New Mic? Anyway, American McGee has pretty much said himself that the game is a bit of fanservice and that he wants to get back to making the next Farmville or grindfest MMO or Angry Birds or whatever he is doing in Shanghai. I am not being facetious by the way, he has stated that core gaming is a dying business and the future is in social media games.

A shame, I did like Scrapland, and the original Alice.

EDIT: Ouch just checked the Brisvegas weather. It's almost as cold as down here in Melbourne.

Aw man, I was hoping for Shadows of the Damned instead but you just couldn't let Alice go through unscolded I guess.

Is it me or does it sound like he's got a really bad cold.... the games ok, hd reake feels so old though and you need to quick save alot at some points not the most awesome controls on console since they lost the mouse

Haven't heard this voice since the Darkness review.

shadowmagus:
This person tried to sound like Yahtzee, but it's as if certain inflections were different. Return our Yahtzee alien scum. We are gamers and we have a long and storied history of knowing how to blast your kind back into space.

I'm assuming your joking but just in case your not, it was yahtzee

That post-credits joke...ow. Just ow. ;.;

Evil Top Hat:
That little laugh at the end was great, no idea why I found it so funny.

I agree, I laughed way more than I should have...

I might rent the game, I've never played the first one and it looks interesting, visually anyway.

I actually was looking forward to this game when i first saw it's announcement.
...and then i totally forgot about it. Probably for the best, i saved the pre-order for Catharine.

Great review. And get well, Yahtzee. ^_^

I died when he did that little laugh at the end. I agree though, I bought the game with high expectations and got sort of bored with it. The art work is really nice and the concept is alright, but it gets rather repetetive.

Feeling another person's bum warmth on the toilet seat is right up there with stepping in to a wet spot with my socks in the bathroom.

And get some cough drops will ya!?

The T-1000 drawing was fucking gold. As was the credits joke involving an umbrella. That's worse than the Joker's pencil trick.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here