Critical Miss: Stowaways Smash

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Stowaways Smash

No, we don't know what Max is doing

Read Full Article

It's like a nostalgia bomb! I think this one comic has got me more interested in the story arc than the others put together.

...If only for the potential Earthworm Jim/Hero Prinny showdown.

Now, before anyone else:

Well, looks like Erin has alot on her mind, she will probably need a asprin for that splitting headache she is going to have...

Okay yes, thats sucked, but fuck it...

So, how long until we can buy this as a poster?

So, Erin fell and cracked her head open? Tragic, but hey, there's Manny Calavera!

"Then Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight, Benito Mussolini and the Blue Meanie and Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie, Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, Spock, the Rock, Doc Ock and Hulk Hogan all came out of nowhere lightning-fast, and kicked Chuck Norris in his cowboy ass..."

Please tell me I'm not the only person who thought this when they saw this comic.

OT: At least Navi seems to be gone.

Looking at the characters emerge from her head I started having FLCL flashbacks

This wet dream looks painful

Mister Mosquito?

Someone else played that?

*goes to hook up PS2 again*

It has Deadpool AND Phoenix Wright? This is now officially my new favourite picture on the Internet.

Just out of wondering but is this story-line actually going anywhere?
I do, however, love this and it would look pretty awesome in poster form.

Agent 47 is not someone I would like hanging around me even if it was just my subconscious.

I'm confused about the chain with the spike at the end... Saint seiya?

That looks painful ...

twm1709:

I assumed Scorpion.

9thRequiem:
That looks painful ...

twm1709:

I assumed Scorpion.

That seems more likely, although I thought Scorpion used a rope

Just below the Arwing.....Is that the ship from Decent?

9thRequiem:
That looks painful ...

twm1709:

I assumed Scorpion.

I think it's Link's hookshot.

OP: Just... what? I'm confused now. That's an interesting image, but it just really confuses me. At least I know where most of those things are from.

9thRequiem:
That looks painful ...

twm1709:

I assumed Scorpion.

Scorpion's harpoon isn't chained. Also, Scorpion is already outside of her head giving his patented thumb of approval to FABULOUS DRUGS!!!

@Kapol: Unless it's a different version of Link, I doubt it. Remember, Link's already out of her head wreaking havoc with biological warf- I mean, Navi.

On-Topic: While there's quite a few Mario/DK references in the shot, the only established Smash Bros. character who appears is Kirby (technically Sonic too if you count that blue buzzsaw-looking thing on the left, but that could literally be anything from any particular game). If this is indeed a poster with the theme of "characters I'd like to see in Smash," is that a not-so-subtle way of saying you want them to un-nerf Kirby to his original Smash glory? Because if it is, I concur. XD

And yes, Phoenix must administer the finger of justice in everyone's general direction, guilty or not. Settling for anything less is an automatic OBJECTION!!!

twm1709:

9thRequiem:
That looks painful ...

twm1709:

I assumed Scorpion.

Shoot, beat me to the punch.

Though I'm not sure who the gloved mechanical extendo-arm belongs to or Did Inspector Gadget get a video game?

Also,the blue buzzsaw wheel is meant to be Sonic right?

Oh my, that looks...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Head splitting.

fieryshadowcard:

9thRequiem:
That looks painful ...

twm1709:

I assumed Scorpion.

@Kapol: Unless it's a different version of Link, I doubt it. Remember, Link's already out of her head wreaking havoc with biological warf- I mean, Navi.

Yes, but he's also vanished in recent comics, likely going back into her head if I had to guess. Plus, with so many versions of him, it is possible. Then it could always just be it going off on it's own. And if you go by that reason, it couldn't be Scorpion either, as he was also out already. Navi was a bit mean though.

Also, I forgot to add, Max is obviously letting out a massive roar of triumph at being on top.

Kapol:

Yes, but he's also vanished in recent comics, likely going back into her head if I had to guess. Plus, with so many versions of him, it is possible. Then it could always just be it going off on it's own. And if you go by that reason, it couldn't be Scorpion either, as he was also out already. Navi was a bit mean though.

I already said it couldn't be Scorpion's harpoon and listed why I thought so. Also, I'm a bit iffy on multiple versions of a character co-existing in her mind, primarily because silent Link claims to be both the protagonist we know and the TV series incarnation. And, considering what Link left her with, I find it more likely he's off somewhere blowing off steam, and the last place he'd want to be right now is in the head of the person who irritated him enough to hit below the belt.

DeGoon:
Just below the Arwing.....Is that the ship from Decent?

No, it's from F-Zero. I think it's a ship called the Big Fang.

Clearly Max is making the call of the Invaders to take over the world!

I think.

As much as I like this image, the arc is taking waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long

zombie711:

An arc that takes 3-4 pages is not an arc. It's just a setup. It only feels long to you because you get 2-3 pages a week. But, if you reaaaaalllly find 11 pages to be a long arc for pictures with word bubbles attached to them...

Challenge accepted.

Space invaders (Space invaders)
Duck (Duck Hunt)
Max (Sam and max)
Agent [Memory failure] (Hitman)
?????
Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Barrel (Donkey Kong)
?????
Sly Cooper
Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
Koopa, Squid, Carniverous plant thing (Mario)
Jak (Jak and Daxter)
Generic bearded fantasy character?
Bomberman
?????
The Dog (Duck Hunt)
Is that Deadpool?
?????
Turret (Portal)
Poison Castle Crasher
Zubat (Pokemon Gold/Silver)
?????
Spiderman
Kirby
Star, Boo, 1UP mushroom (Mario again)
Ivy's Chain thingy (Soul Calibur 4)
?????
Scorpion's chain attack thingy (Mortal Kombat)
?????
Spaceships (Starfox?)
Megaman
????? (Pikmin?)

How did I do?

Good comic, though I have to admit I prefer the ones that have jokes in them more.

Not that I'm complaining about free entertainment, mind you.

OMGWTF? Why is this poster missing Goemon? This is a travesty.

fieryshadowcard:

zombie711:

An arc that takes 3-4 pages is not an arc. It's just a setup. It only feels long to you because you get 2-3 pages a week. But, if you reaaaaalllly find 11 pages to be a long arc for pictures with word bubbles attached to them...

The arc has been going since June 3rd. Some of those comic were set up. Its feeling like someone wanted to make a drama out of a comedy. Its not long to read, but its taking too long to get over with. My opinion on the matter has not changed.

It worries me that I know almost every single character depicted..

Tharwen:
Challenge accepted.
How did I do?

pikmin thing is actually slime from dragon quest
one of the spaceships is from f-zero
there's a bubble bobble character, i think
earthworm jim
agent 47
carnivorous plant -> piranha plant
i think 'jak' is actually ratchet of ratchet and clank
bearded fantasy dude is arthur of ghouls n ghosts
haggar of final fight

This is how Doomsday Arcade started isn't it?! The NPCs used Erin as a gateway to our world!

Demodeus:
It worries me that I know almost every single character depicted..

I respectably ask, why? Your on the Escapist. If you didn't know almost all the characters I would be worried.

Ow. That seems painful. Also, I recognized a surprising number of those characters. I say surprising because I haven't actually played most of those.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here