Trailers: Dragon Age II: Legacy DLC

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dragon Age II: Legacy DLC

Bioware shows of their first DLC for Dragon Age II.

Watch Video

Looks interesting though the game itself was such a let down for me >.<

I can't believe they can even make DLC for this game. More missions running around the same maps is just a bad idea. They should be concentrating on a sequel, seeing as how the game was to be continued. How useless.

A darkspawn more powerful than a f*cking Archdemon!? Well, I'm sold, though I have a few nitpicks below.

The "most powerful darkspawn ever encountered" looks like the Architect from DA: Awakening (:29 if you're quick with the pause). Also, darkspawn reproduce via the taint: qunari= ogres, humans= hurlocks, elves= shrieks, and dwarves= genlocks, so what species spawned the creatures @ :44? I don't care if they add to the lore, just so long as they keep it consistent. The Primal Thaig raised enough questions as to how much they're revising, I don't want to see them screw everything up.

Baresark:
I can't believe they can even make DLC for this game. More missions running around the same maps is just a bad idea. They should be concentrating on a sequel, seeing as how the game was to be continued. How useless.

Did you even watch the trailer? The environments were completely new. As for concentrating on the sequel, they're probably still in the brainstorming/rough draft stage. That makes this a good time for DLC because it doesn't require the whole team, just a small group.

kael013:
A darkspawn more powerful than a f*cking Archdemon!? Well, I'm sold, though I have a few nitpicks below.

The "most powerful darkspawn ever encountered" looks like the Architect from DA: Awakening (:29 if you're quick with the pause). Also, darkspawn reproduce via the taint: qunari= ogres, humans= hurlocks, elves= shrieks, and dwarves= genlocks, so what species spawned the creatures @ :44? I don't care if they add to the lore, just so long as they keep it consistent. The Primal Thaig raised enough questions as to how much they're revising, I don't want to see them screw everything up.

Baresark:

Did you even watch the trailer? The environments were completely new. As for concentrating on the sequel, they're probably still in the brainstorming/rough draft stage. That makes this a good time for DLC because it doesn't require the whole team, just a small group.

The ape creatures are Genlocks, for some reason now seven feet tall. As for the four legged beasts? Well, we did have Blight Wolves, so maybe these are mutated horses or pack animals?

$10 Waste......I'll see u all here complaining after it comes out and everybody is finished playing in an hour and a half!!

And seriously.....an auto spawning enemy THATS the selling point!?!?!?!? F U and your $10 shit stain.

I won't waste any more of my time and money on these products.
I'm disappointed and no amount of DLC packs will change my mind, especially if it costs money.
I could forgive a game if the developers patch it, enhance it and release DLC packs for free after the release - or alternativly if there's an open and large modding scene, but this is just...bad.

Oh gee, I sure love fighting Darkspawn. It's not like I spent all of Origins and Awakening and a small section of Dragon Age 2 fighting them. Lovely.

Months before DA:3 "the Forgivening" comes out we will get a corporate apology from who ever is left on the DA team.

"We are aware that the five $10 DLC we released for DA:2 were not up to our standards of quality. We have listened to the community's feedback and will make and effort to make DRAGON AGE 3 DLC that much better. We plan on releasing 3 new pairs of Kirkwall Hats we think the player will love. Priced at 600 bio-blow points!"

Bioware doesn't deserve my customer loyalty at all after charging me $60 for a second expansion to DA:0.

Guys I think you're jumping the gun here a little. Wait until we get more information on it before bashing it into the cement with a metal bat riddled with nails.

Personally, I think it looks fairly interesting. The story could end up being pretty awesome.

The problem is with story, you can just read it on wikipedia.

Which takes some of the fun out of the game.

No thanks. That's about all I can say. Bioware has sucked ever since EA bought them up. Sorry guys, you've been tainted beyond redemption. I literally would have had more fun burning my 60 dollars than I did on your game.

I had no particular need to buy DA2, and this hasn't changed anything.

"The most powerful darkspawn EBAR" oh fuck off. If it's not an archdemon, then lies. This thing even seems sentient and understandable like the Architect, who was, y'know, unique until he started making others like him very recently. Respect your own goddamn lore.

Yay! I'm excited about this. Judging by the other comments, I'm the only one, but still. I wish they'd use Mary Hawke in the trailers instead of Garret. She looks so much better. Oh well. Getting this opening day.

Is anyone else happy to be fighting Darkspawn again? I was so tired of killing humans.

I enjoyed DA II but they need to get their shit together with how much work they put into something. Rushing things is horrible for this franchise and DA II proved it. Still, it was a good game. About this DLC, I'll wait, see, and then, maybe, buy

So we don't count day 1 DLC as the first now?

squid5580:
So we don't count day 1 DLC as the first now?

Have you not learned the EA marketing strategy yet? Day 1 DLC is "preorder bonuses" that should have come with the game to begin with. After all, a "good" customer gave EA their money as soon as they heard about it.

OT: That was really vague and short for me to even figure out much of whats going on at all. They're going to need more than that to sell this to me.

Sorry I'm a horrible person and keep waiting for the reveal that Hawke is in fact a child of the God of Murder or something.

That said, I wasn't too interested in DA2 and this hasn't done much to improve my opinion.

Almost made me want to finish da2. Then I remembered why I quit.

Wait. Where is this in the timeline? Because I see Anders wearing his normal-not-black-bat-shit-crazy outfit, but in the pictures of gameplay they released I saw Gray Warden Carver... So is this happening post-game or during? o.o

-Torchedini-:
Almost made me want to finish da2. Then I remembered why I quit.

It's worth finishing for a hilariously bad ending. I mean, some decisions transcend all logic. It's just full of lulz. And no, I'm not buying the DLC.

Heartcafe:
Wait. Where is this in the timeline? Because I see Anders wearing his normal-not-black-bat-shit-crazy outfit, but in the pictures of gameplay they released I saw Gray Warden Carver... So is this happening post-game or during? o.o

Its to be playable within any time in the DA2 game. Beginning or near the end.

I think you get an email on the Cerberus network on the Normandy about it. /end sarcasm.

But yeah, they can shove this $10 DLC up their arses for all I care, only way I would be interested in this DLC, if they released it for free, cause DA2 was the shittiest game I have played in a long time.

I think I would rather play ET on the Atari 2600, or Daikatana.

I said it before and i'll say it again. As long as playing as a tank is worthless in DA2 I have no interest in DLC, maybe an expansion....maybe. Make it like DA2 tank spec never happened.

It just keeps getting sillier and sillier.

What's amusing to me is that Mass Effect DLC has been relatively well recieved (and I think it should be - the writing and quality of it has been excellent, just as good as the main game).

In DAII however, it appears that people are just so down on the game that they are bagging out the DLC when in reality, they probably should be saying, "This game is so crappy can we just forget about it instead of trying to sell me an additional hour or two of game time for 10 bucks).

And really, that's what it comes down to. If a game is amazing and fun, a lot of people don't mind paying another 10 bucks or so for a few more hours of original content and story - because the game is just that awesome. However, if the game is mediocre (ahem) then it's like paying to get kicked in the balls.

That's Dragon Age 2 DLC - paying to be kicked in the balls.

Personally, I'm not going to touch this franchise ever again - which is a shock to myself since I have been a die hard BioWare RPG nut for over a decade (infact I own and have played through every RPG they've made).

I certainly won't be paying a red cent for a game that fails so spectacularly on so many levels.

Bravo for coming up with new ideas.

Nay for doing what they usually do, which is create something entirely modular and not at all intertwined with previous experiences. You could put "King George" in there as the main character and it'd still work.

No one wants to be the Orlesian Warden, and no one wants to be King George. They want to continue Hawke's adventures (assuming they liked Dragon Age 2).

So, unless you've got the companions fully voiced again, and have -something- referencing Hawke's past, there's nothing to ground the player into the experience other then the spectacle of: "Hey, you're fighting new bad guys!"

/rant

I'm still gonna buy it. Damn you, Bioware.

Despite enjoying DAII, I wasn't planning on buying this.

But then I saw Varric and Avaline. Bioware, throw in some more Merrill and I'm sold.

Alpha Maeko:
So, unless you've got the companions fully voiced again, and have -something- referencing Hawke's past, there's nothing to ground the player into the experience other then the spectacle of: "Hey, you're fighting new bad guys!"

/rant

Didn't I hear 'Malcolm Hawke' mentioned in the trailer? That's your father, right? There still is al lot of mystery surrounding him, and the DLC is called 'Legacy', so I think it's safe to say -something- will reference Hawke's past.

kael013:

Well, you need to remember that there are still races we haven't seen, such as Fex, the sentient race that originally inhabited Par Vollen before the Qunari invasion.

Alpha Maeko:

Bioware has hinted that Hawke will find out about his father, and it will not necessary be pleasant information.

Baresark:

Tell me, which of those areas did you see on DA2?

Seems a lame way to shoe horn, Hawke into the Warden's Lore. Also is Hawke going to contract the taint and die? because if you remember Wardens are immune to the taint, and Hawke isn't a warden. Bioware give me back my Warden, we still have Darkspawn to kill, I don't care about this Hawke guy.

Oh yay. Fighting samey darkspawn instead of samey mercenaries in samey environments. This is totally going to be awesome. Is it just me, or has Bioware really jumped the shark? The characters are stuffed full of cliches (ahem, Isabela the slutty cleavage pirate or Merril the elf-version of Tali anyone?) and it looks like the level designers for DA2 either weren't even trying or were just too busy using their $100 bills to snort Pixie Stix off of their desks.

Sniper Team 4:
Yay! I'm excited about this. Judging by the other comments, I'm the only one, but still. I wish they'd use Mary Hawke in the trailers instead of Garret. She looks so much better. Oh well. Getting this opening day.

Is anyone else happy to be fighting Darkspawn again? I was so tired of killing humans.

You are not the only one. For me, the game only had one slight problem, the dungeons of course, but there were enough for me that the greatness of the rest of the game overshadowed it.

Besides I've already found a rational in game explanation for repeat dungeons, but it's never been understood, because it seems like people(the haters) don't understand the laws space and size when it come to the area in which the game takes place.

On the use of the Hawke in the video, I believe it is just like Mass Effect, in that Male Shepard is canon, so in DA2 Male Hawke is canon.

Interesting. The inclusion of a Non-Kirkwallian location is promising. But I'm still sceptical. How big is the new environment? Will the new environment recycle parts of itself? What I mean by that is, if you get one new dungeon, is the the same new dungeon throughout the DLC? And how long does it last? I usually like BioWare DLC, but "The Arrival" was NOT worth the money I paid.

If it lasts around..... oh, I don't know, three-to-four hours, then I'll PROBABLY buy it. I did like the story of DAII, quite a bit actually, and I have a lot of faith in their writers (even if "the arrival" was disappointing).

I really enjoyed DAII and the DLC looks at least mildly interesting, so I'll probably purchase it. I just wish they would release something that takes place after the final mission and that extremely abrupt ending, rather than this anytime-in-the-game mission with no bearing on the overall story.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here