Unskippable: Crysis 2 Part 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Crysis 2 Part 2

Part 2 sees Prophet engage in a passing of the protagonist torch. Shame the new guy has no personality.

Watch Video

I like Probert, he sounds freindly.

"Ah! A dead albino with no genitals!"

"Not again!"

Great episode, guys. Although I expected more mocking of the TOTALLY UNRELATED intro cinematic in the middle of the tutorial. That, and Prophet's overuse of the phrase "...for all of us".

"Meanwhile, the not-cool guy."

I wish that happened to me when I drink...

Awesome episode, expect I get an error when I try to view it in High Quality.

I've posted a screen capture here: http://yfrog.com/kjainzj

Cheers!

Maximum gloating engaged. Awhawhawh.

I was expecting them to use the backwards-name-from-credits at the end again, maybe I'm just too simple...

Double post? Moderators, use your postality!

2:41 "As you experience puberty, your body will go through a series of changes- ah, God what is wrong with you??" Best and most hilarious comment made in the series.

But honestly, for an intro- that was really cool. I loved how detailed the armor got along with the gameplay, looked really sick with epic graphics. However, I agree- the helicopter should of shot rockets at you instead of the buildings around you. And the guy operating the helicopter did much worse then good >_> Haha. Great review guys, this was funny as ever.

Rest in peace Probert.

"I don't know what we're looking at, but I have the uncomfortable impression that somebody's jacking off to this right now."

Well, Paul, whoever that somebody is.... it ain't me, I swear.

No wonder I always felt like ignoring the commander in the first, he kept calling me by the wrong name!
Thanks, Unskippable Guys!

-Probert

Probert did seem like he was handling things pretty well. Too bad he gave up like that.

When I saw the "Press A to play" I wondered if, when you pressed it, the player suddenly started controlling Probert. That could be interesting, but would most probably become hilariously pathetic as Probert changes from a badass pro to a circle-strafing cheap wall hugger.

Why is it so hard to establish a character as a badass while the player is controlling said character?

Graham_LRR:
Part 2 sees Prophet engage in a passing of the protagonist torch. Shame the new guy has no personality.

Wait Probert was a protagonist? Of what game? Call of duty or something?

cool intro sequence, but great job poking fun at it :p

and somehow the moment I got to control the game, I felt significantly less badass doing so...

Not sure what's more painful to imagine: the thought that I could be playing all that or the hernia inducing effort required of my tower.

Hah, I really liked the trailer (especially the theme by Hans Zimmer) but that episode was freaking hilarious ;)

To Probert, one awesome dude, and incidentally enough, the second cousin to Dilbert.

You know a game has a terrible cutscene to gameplay ratio when it requires more than one episode of Unskippable.

"Everybody dead? Okay good. If you're not dead, raise your hand so I can shoot it."
Awesome episode guys. Do more J-RPG's!

MaximillionMiles:
When I saw the "Press A to play" I wondered if, when you pressed it, the player suddenly started controlling Probert. That could be interesting, but would most probably become hilariously pathetic as Probert changes from a badass pro to a circle-strafing cheap wall hugger.

Why is it so hard to establish a character as a badass while the player is controlling said character?

If that's your impression after crysis 2, then you played it wrong.

Probert, second cousin to Q-Bert.

canadamus_prime:
You know a game has a terrible cutscene to gameplay ratio when it requires more than one episode of Unskippable.

Once the (very long) intro is done, the cutscenes turn into loading screens that can be skipped halfway through. The cutscenes are only about 3-4 minutes in length. You spend the majority of the campaign (took 8 hours on normal) playing.
I wanted them to skip ahead to one of the defibrillator cutscenes. The idea that the suit has to ask the dying user to activate a lifesaving device seems odd.
Dilbert
Probert
Q-bert
I see a trend.
Hilarious episode, helped because I'd seen that intro repeatedly. And Other Guy does speak at the end. Must have been one HELL of a hangover.

Great episode, thank you!

"A gun. Excellent! This will be super useful for any shooting-related puzzles I'll have to do in the future."
X-D

"Everybody dead? Okay good. If you're not dead, raise your hand so I can shoot it."

For some reason , I find that line kinda sounds badass for a cheesy one liner. ^^

and now , a moment of silence for probert. T_T

The first part was kinda meh from time to time but I thorougly enjoyed this one through and through ^^

Heeeeey! Cevat Yerli or Ilrey Tavec read backwards is pronounced something like J-Watt-Yer-Lee. I know because I'm Turkish, too.

Hah, nicely done. I really liked "Welcome to the future." "Great! Where's my flying car?" (personally, I'd prefer a jet pack, maybe even a hoverboard like in Back to the Future), and "Remember one thing..." "My shiny butt."

Probert died for your sins!

So the badass Probert decides to kill himself and hand his awesome nanosuit over to the drunk guy who can barely stay conscious for five seconds and just looked on (when awake) while his whole squad died around him? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Granted, it looks like drunky needs the nanosuit assistance...

even better than part 1.

Maaaan, I was so lost at the start of this game.
Never played the first one.

Now he's like a shark, you can only pet him in one direction.

Ha. Let's hope the guy from Crysis doesn't like to cuddle.

Prophet! yes i remember your name now its Probert...wait. Shit.

Hilarius as always! Kind of strange that he would give he's suit to a random person like that xP

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here