Trailers: Batman: Arkham City The Riddler Revealed

Batman: Arkham City The Riddler Revealed

Riddle me this, riddle me that...

Watch Video

..Riddler is now Jigsaw or

Jigdler

Hrm... I'm not sure I approve of the Riddler taking cues from that guy from the Saw movies...

Not digging on him being like Jigsaw either... But I am glad they're going for the more creepy vibe.

Hmm, sinister stuff indeed. Well, I enjoyed the Riddlers little conundrums in Arkham Asylum (apart from some of the "line up the scenery to make a question mark" ones) so if we get more of them, I'll be happy.

It doesn't look like he's gone quite as far as Jigsaw though. There may be lots of spinning blades and the like, but I guess his potential victims should be grateful he has hasn't rigged their rib cage to split open.... Yech!

So Riddler in a Batman universe that kills.... I can see how they took the "saw" route.

People keep saying Riddler is ripping off Jigsaw, be he's been doing stuff like this in the comics eons before the movies were in pre-production. Hell, even in the very famous Batman Animated Series he did this!

Looks good.

Now if only Rocksteady would make the Judge Dredd game i've been pestering them to do.

Sperium 3000:
People keep saying Riddler is ripping off Jigsaw, be he's been doing stuff like this in the comics eons before the movies were in pre-production. Hell, even in the very famous Batman Animated Series he did this!

While I do agree with you on your point, I do believe you as well as others would also agree the "tone" is reminiscent of saw.

EDIT:
Not arguing over who did what first, it's just that saw is the new jason with all its crappy movies, and that it's in recent memory more so than Batman the animated series or comic books for that matter.

nothingspringstomind:
Looks good.

Now if only Rocksteady would make the Judge Dredd game i've been pestering them to do.

Need more Dredd! Hopefully the new Judge Dredd film in production will help create some more interest in the franchise.

sheogoraththemad:
..Riddler is now Jigsaw or

Jigdler

Naw... I think the Riddler watched a few too many Saw movies and said "damn, I need to work on my A-game. Why was I setting up these plastic trophies and blacklight paint when I could do that kind of shit?"

Tsaba:

Sperium 3000:

While I do agree with you on your point, I do believe you as well as others would also agree the "tone" is reminiscent of saw.

EDIT:
Not arguing over who did what first, it's just that saw is the new jason with all its crappy movies, and that it's in recent memory more so than Batman the animated series or comic books for that matter.

Well, yeah, they probably did it in a way to allude to the movies, and I admit it looks cool. But I want to point out another difference: In the Saw movies the victims are also the players of the game, fighting for their survival. In Arkham City, the only players are Batman and Riddler, with the victms being nothing more than the coin being waged.

Wow this trailer looks great and I'm so happy that my fav villain is getting more time dedicated to him ^_^.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here