Miracle of Sound: Duke You Used to be Cool (Duke Nukem)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Duke You Used to be Cool (Duke Nukem)

You gotta make your mind up if you're modern or old school.

Watch Video

Wait a minute do you usally post these vids??

Liked the song watched it before zp lol

I like Duke Nukem: Forever, despite what the Bangwaggon says.

Can't wait for it to stop being cool to bash that game.

An awesome song for a bad game. Maybe if I listen to this while playing the game then it will balance things out?

JustaGigolo:
I like Duke, despite what the Bangwaggon says.

I like Duke too, which is kind of the point of the song.

It's about how he still has the potential to be great again.

Russ Pitts:
Duke You Used to be Cool (Duke Nukem)

You gotta make your mind up if you're modern or old school.

Watch Video

The title in the lyrics says Wasteland Soul.

Eh. I finally played the full thing and it wasn't the worst trash I'd ever seen. Those reviews were very unfairly brutal. I'll buy it when it hits the bargain bin. Shouldn't take long. :)

Great song, Miracle.

I think we should give Duke Nukem a...Second Chance.

this song is great and sums up my feelings towards the game

Ugh age verification. I'm 23 but i just don't bother entering real date, just anything that's old enough. Like 01.01.39.

Patrick Young:
Wait a minute do you usally post these vids??

Well, yes, I do, but it should be attributed to MOS anyway, which was my mistake. Sorry!

Harbinger_:
The title in the lyrics says Wasteland Soul.

Also my mistake. I'm butter-fingery this week, it seems.

Is it wrong that this song made me cry manly tears?

That was actually pretty cool and made me want to buy it. I think you have failed good sir.

Daveman:
That was actually pretty cool and made me want to buy it. I think you have failed good sir.

I'm not trying to stop anyone buying the game.

Awesome. A great thing that came out of a shitty game.

JustaGigolo:
Can't wait for it to stop being cool to bash that game.

Yeah, because we're all bashing it purely because we think doing so makes us look cool.

Not, y'know, because we played it and it sucked. Nope. Not at all.

Miricle have been waiting for this all day and it made it better. Really good vocals on the outro too. Nice one man:)

Love the thrashy riffs and black metal style drumming on this one. And to think this followed up a nice little smooth jazz number. That's what I love about MoS; the diversity of each track, you always keep things fresh and seem to feel right at home in whatever genre you play.

Someone is PISSED

Daveman:

I had the same reaction when editing the video. For a game I hate, it does have some really good visuals. But it's not a fun game to play.

Looking at the gameplay footage from the original, I was blown away by how much more fun it looks, just from the capture footage.

Question:
Do you use a real drummer or a drum machine? (Maybe you even play them yourself, I dunno).

Sunrider84:
Question:
Do you use a real drummer or a drum machine? (Maybe you even play them yourself, I dunno).

I have single drum hit samples which I copy and paste into the patterns I need using Cubase.

It is very time consuming :D

MiracleOfSound:

Sunrider84:
Question:

I have single drum hit samples which I copy and paste into the patterns I need using Cubase.

It is very time consuming :D

Really? I bet it is.

Damn, I wish I lived in Ireland, I'd record the drums for you FREE OF CHARGE! Or, you know, just for fun. Because it would be fun!

When you said it was thrash metal on the Facebook page, I got a bit worried because I hate metal. But I am very pleased at the absence of growling and screaming.

Also, any idea when Sweet L.A. will be on Bandcamp/iTunes? Can't wait to get that one.

Why, why do I have to verify my age? It makes no sense, I'm a registered user, you already have my age, this would only make sense if you didn't have it, but you do!

Am I the only one entering random dates simply because I can't be bothered?

Anyway, loved the song. Too bad the game wasn't as good, though.

It's sad how much you brought up Duke's squandered potential. Good song.

MiracleOfSound:

JustaGigolo:
I like Duke, despite what the Bangwaggon says.

I like Duke too, which is kind of the point of the song.

It's about how he still has the potential to be great again.

I agree, DNF just had too many gritty cover-based shoot mechanics in what is supposed to be fun, over the top FPS. That, and it wasn't even graphically stable.

Pretty neat. Not too fond of the super dry sounding guitars, faster riffs with that sound tend to rub me the wrong way, but now I'm just nitpicking.

As much as I love DNF, this song is too true. Except for the beer thing. Dude, Duke Nukem is the most influential guy in the entire world in DNF. Just imagine what that'd do to the beer.

I loved the guitar work on this. Very nice.

looks like someone is angry that they changed Duke into a wimp, and you can totally be angry..

I like the music, but... I'm sorry, I couldn't listen to any more of it after "You're an out of date, redundant sacred cow." That line is so awkward, even to read.

But I liked the music a lot more than previous vids (at least what I had heard before getting to that line, anyway).

I found myself headbanging.

All that's left for you to do is some crunkcore. But I don't know if even you could even make that sound good.

Well that sounded good, even tho i don't usually like heavier stuff, if you can call it that. I did like the lighter parts of the song more, i guess.
But some parts of that video were pretty disturbing. Lovely.

I really enjoy these songs. Didn't think y'all would top Sweet LA so soon honestly, but you did.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)