Zero Punctuation: Shadows of the Damned

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Seemes like this Game is like a weekend trip of don'tknowwhat. O.o

Maybe worth checking out. *still cant believe what he just saw*

There is a gun called the big boner, I imagine the only way that gun could be any cooler is if it had tits and was on fire. Yes that's right I made a reference, now if you'll excuse me I have to go buy this game because it sounds damn awesome.

I still want this game... Why aren't you doing your job properly?! You know, convincing me not to spend money!

bleachigo10:
There is a gun called the big boner, I imagine the only way that gun could be any cooler is if it had tits and was on fire. Yes that's right I made a reference, now if you'll excuse me I have to go buy this game because it sounds damn awesome.

It's certainly on fire.

I don't plan to buy the game, but "the Big Boner"? What was 51 thinking?

Shirastro:
Hang on a minute, is that weapon actually called "A big Boner" or is that just Yahtzee being Yahtzee?

Yeah, I almost didn't believe it either but

Captcha: mother approved
no seriously, I laughed harder than I should have when I got this captcha!

Wow... just... wow. How Freudian can you get?

Also, the concept of someone going into Hell to rescue their girlfriend sounds awfully familiar...

It's funny. People seem to be focusing on the "boner" joke (or "boner boner" if you use archaic terms), but what you need to realize is that this game is completely riddled with slightly immature gags like this. Like EVERYWHERE. It almost stops having an effect after a while.

let's rock:
I was still expecting sonic colors like you promised us way back in you're iphone games review, How long does it take to make a sonic colors video?

Uh...actually, you should go back to re-watch that video, because the reason he did it was because he decided after two levels that he didn't want to review Sonic Colors and he "needed another week to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood". He never said anything about promising to review it, so...I suggest you stop waiting for it.

Anyway. Good review as always. Been waiting for Yahtzee to do this one simply because of how it was made by the guys who made Resident Evil 4, Killer7 and No More Heroes.

Halfway through I seriously questioned whether or not this was a big joke like his first Duke Nukem Forever review. I'm stunned that it's not.

Shirastro:
Hang on a minute, is that weapon actually called "A big Boner" or is that just Yahtzee being Yahtzee?

It really Is.

I will get this game. Just for the one part where the gun gets bigger and you wave it around trying to impress all the ladies.

Suda never fails me. Well, close to never. Outside of NMH being on the Wii and the fact that I have never played Flower, Sun, and Rain (or whatever it is called) for the DS.

there is a beeping noise in the background.
strange

There is a strange beeping noise in the background.
odd

dublle coment X(
sorry

dublle coment X(
sorry

Colour me intrigued, I'll definately keep my eye on this but I still haven't got LA Noire either so I'm probably more likely to make that my next purchase.

Well Yahtzee, all this review did was make me want the game more now. Is that a good thing or a bad thing in this case?

Xman490:
I kind-of expected Ocarina of Time to be reviewed, but I guess that would be pretty awkward, and Yatzee did mention how it keeps showing up like a lunar eclipse.
This has reached "maybe" status, but only because all the other releases that I can get were true let-downs.

God no. That would be nothing more than a mere excuse to beat a dead horse. Or more accurately, beat a dead horse's half decomposed remains.

GreatTeacherCAW:
Suda never fails me. Well, close to never. Outside of NMH being on the Wii

You realize it's on the PS3 now as well, right? And the 360 if you're in Japan.

SckizoBoy:
'Antiques Roadshow'...?!?!

How BBC a reference can you get?!

Well, he could always reference a giant porcupine looking for a man named Dinsdale, or a creature in racing coveralls and a helmet that does nothing but race cars and stand imposingly, arms crossed, feet shoulder width apart.

Throbbing is a verb.

I had never heard of this game until now, but based on this review alone, will probably get it. If not on release, definitely soon. It sounds like a lot of genuine fun, even if it is a bit insultingly simple.

Saying that, it's not like I'm want for things to do already. Last year I bought maybe 2 games of the dozens I really wanted, and now they've all crashed into bargain bin prices on Amazon, I have a busy schedule of gaming ahead of me. During university term time. Yeah.

Fuck.

oh yahtzee... you always make me laugh

This was a first-day-buy game for me, and I was really looking forward to the review.
Sort of expected the outcome too =)

I was looking forward to a "Trenched" review this week since he's a Tim Schafer fan ... Well, I guess him not reviewing it means he liked it ...

NezumiiroKitsune:
Throbbing is a verb.

to throb - to produce a strong, regular beat = verb
throbbing is the adjective ;)

Also one of my favourite words. Oh snap that makes me sound slutty

Sounds like an interesting game, great review as always Yahtzee.
The Giant boner sounds awesome.

VeluCherry:

NezumiiroKitsune:
Throbbing is a verb.

to throb - to produce a strong, regular beat = verb
throbbing is the adjective ;)

Also one of my favourite words. Oh snap that makes me sound slutty

Throbbing is the present participle of throb, and still a verb. It doesn't qualify the noun, so it isn't an adjective. Nor can you have an adjective with the suffix -ing.

I have to say, I appreciated and was amused by your tone of voice in this video because it was clear you couldn't quite believe what the fuck you'd just witnessed and didn't expect us to believe it either.

Normally I take Yahtzee's reviews while not even thinking of salt, but I may have to try this out.

NezumiiroKitsune:

Throbbing is the present participle of throb, and still a verb. It doesn't qualify the noun, so it isn't an adjective. Nor can you have an adjective with the suffix -ing.

I...guess that makes sense - you learn something new everyday.^^
I guess since English isn't my first language I shouldn't rely on online dictionaries so much... (http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/throbbing.htm)

I think Yahtzee really liked shadows of the damned. he insulted it fondly instead of trying to destroy it like he usually does. =]

Isn't "throbbing" technically a participle? Anyway, yeah, this review was alright I suppose.

EDIT: Beaten to it. Oh well.

After having played this game, I would say it's definitely a rental and not a buy. There is simply no replayability to it and it's really short. Don't let that discourage you from playing it though as it's really funny and fun, especially if you're a fan of B-grade horror movies. There is even and entire huge reference to Evil Dead 2 thrown in.

VeluCherry:

NezumiiroKitsune:

I...guess that makes sense - you learn something new everyday.^^
I guess since English isn't my first language I shouldn't rely on online dictionaries so much... (http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/throbbing.htm)

I'm sorry, I take it back.

In the case of "A throbbing headache", it changes the quality of the headache (I think!), and so is a non-comparable adjective. Like your site said, it's very rare.

Also sorry for being bothersome about it, I just really like language.

I learned something :D

Shirastro:

mikey7339:
Johnson's gun form is ACTUALLY called 'The Boner'?! I thought that was some kind of joke when I first heard about this game.

It's actually called The Boner with the upgraded form being the Big Boner.

But the skull's name is Johnson. You know, another name for a dick. It's appropriate.

OT: If I had the money, I would get this game. Just because I love Shinji Mikami. In all the wrong ways.

I love Suda51 as well, but not as much as Mikami.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here