Zero Punctuation: Shadows of the Damned

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

NezumiiroKitsune:

I'm sorry, I take it back.

In the case of "A throbbing headache", it changes the quality of the headache (I think!), and so is a non-comparable adjective. Like your site said, it's very rare.

Also sorry for being bothersome about it, I just really like language.

I learned something :D

Haha no worries, I learned something new as well.
From now on I'm going to incorporate the word "throbbing" into as many sentences as I poissibly can xD

Shirastro:
Hang on a minute, is that weapon actually called "A big Boner" or is that just Yahtzee being Yahtzee?

It really is . Also you have an ability called Flaming Boner and I recall a quote from the game in which your sidekick says "put your flaming boner into that huge crack".

It's that kind of game.

I also highly recommend it.

let's rock:
I was still expecting sonic colors like you promised us way back in you're iphone games review, How long does it take to make a sonic colors video?

His brief mentioning of it is all your going to get. Sometimes things don't warrant a review when a couple of sentences are all that needs to be said.

I wonder if I could create a game with a female heroine that has a weapon called "The Big Knockers" and you slap bad guys around with it while traveling down bridges made of male genitalia and trying to rescue your p****-whipped boyfriend...

... I wonder if there's a market for that beyond just me.

to many chefs spoil the stew

I so want this fucking game for the PC. Seriously, it's been ages since I've envied any console game, but this one is it.

A Lost Soul from Doom in shades? Nice photoshop imagery there haha!

I WILL get around t playing this one but not anytime soon, which kind of makes me feel a little bad considering how much this game tanked in the U "tell us we can make an arse out of ourselves in front our friends in the guise of keeping fit in game form" K.

The game really reminds me of Shadowman, which in my opinion is the greatest horror game of all time. Not even Silent Hill 2 compares to the twisted world of Shadowman. The audio in the playrooms level is Nightmare fuel alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghSuER5Sgh0

silasbufu:

Shirastro:
Hang on a minute, is that weapon actually called "A big Boner" or is that just Yahtzee being Yahtzee?

It really is . Also you have an ability called Flaming Boner and I recall a quote from the game in which your sidekick says "put your flaming boner into that huge crack".

It's that kind of game.

I also highly recommend it.

Hot Boner not flaming boner it shoots bombs also if anyone is wondering its called the boner cos it uses deamon bones as amunition same as the machine gun uses teeth and the shotgun uses skulls

Now Yahtzee, you're hardly the person to be complaining about the number of dick jokes.

Onyx Oblivion:
I must go and get this game to support this shit.

MUST. GO. NOW.

I'll start on Hard, btw.

Idk though, I kinda dislike easy as hell games. Plus this is definitely out of place as yahtzee said for a game made with the help of Sadist Shinji Mikami to be that easy.

Feels weird if you ask me. I might rent it to see how it is, but as of now I just got Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 and I'll be preoccupied with that Suicide Difficulty for a few days...or weeks..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH F*CKING NINJAS!!

Ego Raptor Wasn't Joking when he made this

Trishbot:
I wonder if I could create a game with a female heroine that has a weapon called "The Big Knockers" and you slap bad guys around with it while traveling down bridges made of male genitalia and trying to rescue your p****-whipped boyfriend...

... I wonder if there's a market for that beyond just me.

That honestly sounds like a great idea and might (I say MIGHT) bring in some female gamers.

Hell women can have just as immature a sense of humor as men, so why not?

I guess now we know what inspired the last extra punctuation's phallic angle.

Sounds interesting, I want a demo!!!

Maybe I'll get it when the price goes down.

"Shadows of the Damned"? I was expecting the usual bout of napalm carpet-bombing for a game with such a hideously generic name.

Three things
1) This, I think, is his best review, EVER
2) When did his character get FINGERS?
3) "Brace yourself, Garcia F'ing Hotspur!"

The game never really appealed to me, but upon hearing about the crazy things that go on in the game I rented it out of curiosity. After running into George, the first boss of the game, I gave up. Not because of difficulty (although, trying to aim is like trying to drunkenly aim for the urinal while on a see-saw), but Shadows of the Damned was just too fucking weird for my tastes.

And the constant barrage of dick jokes didn't help matters. I do agree that the dialogue between Garcia and Johnson was pretty entertaining, but for short while.

A japanese american game-Made my the japanese for the americans with more of what we love

I lol'd about a quarter of the way in when the Boner was mentioned "ooh there you are Sudda you bastard" xD

I think this may be a purchase for me...Glad i got a job recently!

Unrelated note...who is this? o.O

silasbufu:

Shirastro:

Well that's me sold! *runs to Blockbuster*

Duke Nukam can go and rot in a corner! Garcia is the new daddy in town! xD

Angel Molina:

Shirastro:

Yeah, I almost didn't believe it either but

Captcha: mother approved
no seriously, I laughed harder than I should have when I got this captcha!

Sold. Even. More.

The ending made me laugh so hard xD (no pun intended)

u2rocksbaby:
Holy shit no way! I loved this game, but didn't think Yahtzee would review it!

Considering Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill 2 and No More Heroes are some of his top ranked games it shouldn't come as a surprise that he would review this where all that (in theory) comes together.

I am disappointed to hear that the difficulty was so low. I loved resident Evil 4 and No More Heroes, and Resident Evil on Pro was an exercise on my patience since I died all the time.

Sounds like a good game. But that's sad because it should have been a great game considering the team envolved.

How long has it been since the theme song was introduced and it still gets on my tits every time. Always have to fast forward through it

"...You're saving your kidnapped girlfriend, which as the game stories go is only slightly newer than "you have to shoot the thing"..." - priceless.

I think the main problem of this game is the exact fact that it had not one famous name on its cover, but three. It's like making three chef-cooks share one kitchen, in other words: it can only end very badly for the main dish.

Suda51 is the most talented and original AAA game designer. He's so original, in fact, that it is hard to believe he makes AAA games and not indie ones. I just hope he doesn't get exploited by the suits or gets dragged to the bottom by his originality like Tim Schaefer.

Great review!

I'm surprised that Yahtzee actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.I might look it up next change I get.

Wonderful. Saying that you did have fun was enough to sell me, and if it's easy then I can use it as a fallback game when I'm frustrated with another one.

I was excited for SotD, but now I'm at least sold on it :P.
And loved the last animation

For someone who supposedly likes survival horror Yahtzee really bashes the RE series a lot. They might not be the best entry into the genre, but the RE games are still better than most of the crap they've churned out in recent years.

Fronzel:
Why does it seem like most games are never actually finished, they just run out of time and/or money?

That's how most things work actually, same with movies too. I remember my film teacher telling me that most directors never finish a movie, they just run out of time and/or budget so they just turn in what they got done so to speak. I think the same thing goes for developers.

Presumably followed by the word 'Gristle'.

Jon N|A:
I was looking forward to a "Trenched" review this week since he's a Tim Schafer fan ... Well, I guess him not reviewing it means he liked it ...

I'm kind of surprised he hasn't reviewed any of the Double Fine downloadable games. He's a fan of adventure games, so you think he would've at least done a video on "Stacking".

Aaaaaaaannnd this is why ZP will never be cancelled. The slumps always end with amazing shit like this. Hilarious, one of the best yet.

The game doesn't look too bad either.

Best review in a long time.
By the way is there anyway i can hide the facebook plugin? I keep clicking on their comments link instead of this one as the seem to switch places all the time.

Okay, for the love of god, will someone PLEASE tell me what it means for a game to be 'ironic'?

LobsterFeng:

Fronzel:
Why does it seem like most games are never actually finished, they just run out of time and/or money?

That's how most things work actually, same with movies too. I remember my film teacher telling me that most directors never finish a movie, they just run out of time and/or budget so they just turn in what they got done so to speak. I think the same thing goes for developers.

I feel less bad about all those term papers now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here