No Right Answer: Videogame Industry's Biggest Broken Promise

Pages PREV 1 2 3

legacy of kain 6 never came out so the series is on a cliffhanger, every lionhead game as peter can't learn to STFU and let his team bring out a game which people aren't disappointed in.

These two are either gay or teenage girls, Twilight is on the bookshelf behind them.

For me, Spore. I was really excited about a game about evolution, and it most certainly did not deliver on that. I didn't mind the art style becoming more cartoony, I was just disappointed in how it ended up wound up having a minimal basis in biology. It wasn't a terrible game by any means. The creature creator is a lot of fun. I'm just still sore about it because I wanted an evolution based game.

I'm not going to go with a game. Lots of examples of those.

Going to go with EA's "games are too expensive"

Megaman Legends 3 is a real broken promise. It wasn't just broken, oh no, Capcom broke it, took it out into the woods, put a shotgun to its head and pulled the trigger, severed its various parts, buried it at the native burial grounds from Pet Sematary, broke it again when it came, chained it to the wall, and streamed video of them teabagging it to the internet.

MarsAtlas:
Megaman Legends 3 is a real broken promise. It wasn't just broken, oh no, Capcom broke it, took it out into the woods, put a shotgun to its head and pulled the trigger, severed its various parts, buried it at the native burial grounds from Pet Sematary, broke it again when it came, chained it to the wall, and streamed video of them teabagging it to the internet.

To be fair, I don't think they would have been able to give it the same endearing qualities as MML1.
Though perhaps that's just because I'm in the minority who prefers MML1 to MML2.

Inafune was basically the "last straw" for Capcom. He was the last of their original core talent to leave the company.

But as for Capcom teasing its fanbase in general....that was a colossal dick-move.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here