Unskippable: Dark Void

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dark Void

A game named after the act of using the toilet with the lights off, yay!

Watch Video

The reaction to recieving the trophy for the intro cutscene, made me laugh, but I agree with Graham.
*recieves trophy* "Really?"

Did anybody hear the Wilhelm scream around 2:23, or is it just me?

Anyways, great episode guys!

Ok I got to give you two thumbs up for making a TaleSpin reference! I remember that show!!

Wow are they really up to 7 times dying? On a side note, my first reaction to the village objective was the same puzzlement.

Loved that TaleSpin reference.

And yeah, really? A trophy for watching the prologue? Not really trying, are you, Dark Void?

Korak the Mad:
The reaction to recieving the trophy for the intro cutscene, made me laugh, but I agree with Graham.

Hey, they worked hard for that trophy. They had to watch most of the intro to get it.

[edit]

okay, not most. They had to watch like a minute, but still.

I know this show is called Unskippable but does that really justify placing an unskippable add in front of the actual show?
Shutup, I know it does

1nfinite_Cros5:

Nope, me too. Definitely Wilhelm scream.

And I agree, Trophy for having done actually nothing at all is really pointless. At least give the trophy for finding that "village" or whatever!
But hey, easy 100% if the game ends there.

Korak the Mad:

Hey, I think putting up with that prologue is worthy of a Trophy, don't you? After all it was a terrible prologue.

And the moment that robot came out of nowhere, my word of the hour went from "Yes!" to "What? o.o;; "

Those pop up slides are amazing!
I should know I have slid down one!
and I laughed pretty hard at the tailspin refrence!

That was hilarious.
You guys should do a GPLP of this game.

Well, that was a weird game. Still, loved the commentary, or whatchamacallit.
Got several good laughs out of me. Well done!

I don't want to get banned for this... or probation... but did anyone else notice the CT at 1:06? What's the rating on this game? Is that acceptable?

I've sadly played half way through this game :(
It doesn't get better

spuddaemon:
I don't want to get banned for this... or probation... but did anyone else notice the CT at 1:06? What's the rating on this game? Is that acceptable?

Huh? Why wouldn't it be? She isn't naked or anything.

Talespin references were great, although I honestly didn't think a roofies joke was very appropriate. There are clearly enough things in this game to riff on without going there.

orangeapples:

Korak the Mad:

Hey, they worked hard for that trophy. They had to watch most of the intro to get it.

[edit]

okay, not most. They had to watch like a minute, but still.

Not only that, they had to listen to Nolan North YET AGAIN.

So Graham, I get the feeling you and Paul are getting sick and tired of Nolan North. Just wondering, are you?

...Anyway, goddamn unavoidable trophy. Extra Credits warned us about those...

When I played the demo I immediately though of The Rocketeer with killer sentient robots. The gameplay is basically Iron Man 1 & 2 but no melee attacks unless your flying through the air.

The return of "Games that Have Dark In The Title"

1nfinite_Cros5:

I did. I was like, "Op. Wilhelm scream."
That was one of the three favorite parts of this episode. The other two were the Nolan North joke and a trophy popping up after they finished singing.

Ok who else timed a "[aaannnd] NOW!" with the exact moment that guy at the end got jumped? I did. It was moderately satisfying.

You get a trophy for watching the prolouge? Not even trying are you, Dark Void.

Is the game as bad as the cutscene?

Smertnik:

spuddaemon:
...did anyone else notice the CT at 1:06?

Huh? Why wouldn't it be? She isn't naked or anything.

Right, but it IS a CT. *shrug*

1nfinite_Cros5:

Oh, so that's what it is!

I've been hearing it everywhere and always assumed it was some sort of conspiracy that no-one else was willing to notice.

Is it just me or are the eyebrows in this game more active than in other games? Quite like it though.

okay i wanna comment now...sigh, still no comment button on the video itself. i don't wanna comment via facebook x.x

aha, the 7th time he died...I was beginning to forget the count :]

And that is what happens if the Islanders leave Nassau Country.

TALESPIN!!!!
I actually wanna go back and count the "time I died" jokes

A wild hellifiknow appears!

Use tackle!

Sabrestar:
Talespin references were great, although I honestly didn't think a roofies joke was very appropriate. There are clearly enough things in this game to riff on without going there.

Oooh don't be like that. It was a harmless joke from the perspective of telling a joke for the sake of humor. That wouldn't even wet the whistle of a shock jock's routine.

Yeah, receiving trophies/achievements just for watching intros and cutscenes definitely shows lazy game making and pointlessness.

I bought this game for 5 and it was worth every penny as I played through it and got my platinum and I enjoyed every minute of it. Is it a great game? No. Is it worth the 5 I paid? Very much so.

"Trophy Awarded: Turned on controller."

This game would have been so much cooler with one of those ir foils Kitt had in Talespin.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here