Zero Punctuation: FEAR 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

To me, the only game in the whole franchise so far that got the whole "horror shooter" thing right was F.E.A.R. 1.

To my recollection, in F.E.A.R. 2 you couldn't go for more than 10 minutes without having some sort of vision or having something jump at you from the shadows.

F.E.A.R. 3 seem to be a lot like F.E.A.R. 2, but I must admit that the co-op aspect does interest me, despite the fact that im usually not that fond of co-op games. That, and I actually find the story in this game rather intriguing. In fact I have always found the story in F.E.A.R. rather interesting and this game seems to have a lot more in common with the first game than the second game, when it comes to story.

*sigh* I hope they don't make a FEAR 4 (FE4R?). That will be just painful *wince*

I gave up on this series already. The first one was awesome and the second one added some much needed variety but what made it special was the scary bits which have pretty much got worse with each iteration. Also the first Fear had a somewhat interesting story which is always nice in a FPS and as Yahtzee points out convoluted is the perfect word to describe the story now.

all i can make of the story is there's a giant pychic robot, alma has children like a rabbit and she rapes protaganist to get pregnant. weeeeeeee.

the true irony is i plan to play f3ear with my brother if he'll join me.

Yahtzee:
Some games are good for socializing, but few of them also trying and immerse you in a linear story because that's something people want when other people aren't around and they don't have to keep up an image of aloof disinterest to seem cool.

Some one needs to explain that to Blizzard.

Edit: Wow, never mind. I'm way too slow on the uptake.

F.E.A.R. 3 may have had F.E.A.R. in the title but it wasn't a F.E.A.R. game, it was a Co-Op shooter more reminiscent of Call Of Duty in the F.E.A.R. world. It's one of the few games I never completed, only playing for a handful of hours before uninstalling and regretting the purchase...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64545)