No Right Answer: Bruce Campbell vs Nathan Fillion

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bruce Campbell vs Nathan Fillion

Best Almost Leading Man. Nothing more needs to be said. Post or tweet your picks below, and the top three will get posted.

Can't wait till next Thursday for your Chris and Kyle fix? Check out their podcast, "Armchair Thinkers." http://ideopod.com/armchair-thinkers/

Watch Video

I am sorry, but Bruce is better. Just look at the Burn Notice.
But indeed, there is no right answer with this one.
Both amazing, both done lots of great stuff.
But Mr Chuck Finley will always win.

I like both equally but why not a action nerdy buddy picture with both of them as the lead actors?

Awesomeness or what?!

fillion is the geek icon i do love the evil dead movies but fillion is just that little bit better

Bruce has more staying power.

Nathan is fun for a chuckle, but then he has to jog on and make room for Cambell.

Bruce Campbell hands down, no contest... ever

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

Bruce Campbell is fun, but I never had a thing for Fillion. Nerds praise him up and down, but I feel like that's just cuz he's openly a nerd, too. Dr. Horrible is one of the best things ever, but it certainly wasn't amazing acting on the part of Fillion that made it great. Never cared too much for Firefly either.

But no, Christian Bale is one of the best, most intense actors of all time. Even with the marble-gargling Batman voice.

Flabbagazta:
Bruce Campbell hands down, no contest... ever

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

Quoted for truth.

Campbell is the man.

Bruce Campbell (just like Chuck Norris) is entirely over rated. He can get people to chuckle, that's about it. Evil Dead was good, but he hasn't done anything besides those movies that I have ever cared about. Nathan Fillion (besides having an awesome first name) is Firefly, Slither, Castle, the best villain ever in Dc. Horrible, and is a great voice actor (see: Halo games, Justice League, Jade Empire, ect). Plus he makes great guest appearances in Buffy, Lost, and Saving Private Ryan.

As far as best almost leading man? Who cares, Fillion wins over everyone, for everything.

Okay, that sounds a bit fanboyish, I'll admit it.

Yea, I think my favorite is pretty obvious, I liked Fillion for a while after I saw firefly but Bruce took my heart with Jack of All Trades.

yndsu:

Chuck Finley is forever.

It really says something that even with he's backing Nathan Fillion, I still wish Chris would quiet down a notch.

I have several things to say about this:

1. I would totally watch a movie where David Tennant played all the characters.
2. A MAYAAAAAANS GOTTA DO WHAT A MAYAAAAANS GOTTA DO!
3. Mmmmm-Mmmmmm-Mmmmmm-Yes.

Perfect example of a Nathan Fillion fan, alot of yelling with no real foundation for the argument. Bruce Campbell has been around for longer and is a much more well versed actor with a more broad spectrum of acting experience.

Not really following either one of them but as far as almost leading man goes, I'd say Fillion is a clear win.

I mean what major geek culture roles is he not auditioning for?

I physically cannot choose an answer to this. It's like making me choose between Ash and Captain Mal, I can't do it. I love them both. Ultimately it comes down to this, they're both awesome, Nathan Fillion is hot, but Bruce Campbell has done an Old Spice advert. Perfect draw.

I'd have gone with Bruce Campbell as Batman. Filion and he are both pretty equally wacky, but Campbell's the only one who I could actually find scary. Dude played a guy who cut off his own hand and turned it into a chainsaw, after all.

Thanks for the great show, guys. I've enjoyed every episode thus far.

I'm going to go with Nathan Fillion. I dig Bruce too, but Nathan's got the continuous smile and positive attitude that really go the distance.

This decision was waaaaaay too easy!

BRUCE RULES!!!

Bruce is far more entertaining to watch. At least for me.

I like(d) Fillion, but after watching interviews of him, making of specials, and listening to him in commentaries, I actually find his "Look at me" sense of humor and high school thespian personality annoying (but I still like the actual roles he plays).

BUT... I've never met him in person, so maybe it's just his public person that rubs me wrong.

Campbell hasn't shown anything interesting in years. His last great outing was Bubba Ho-Tep, which was, admittedly, a triumph.

Fillion though is rising year after year into a fine leading man and has shown many times that he can handle both comedy and drama pretty much effortlessly. Now get him into a couple of action flicks and he's set for stardom.

He has more potential than Campbell did, let's put it that way.

But even so, both men are amazing at what they do and I'd be thrilled to see them team up in a movie together.

Hmm bruce Campbell or nathen fillion how can I make that choice even harder for you all? hmm err samuel l jackson? patrick stewart?

go on pick one out of those 4

Bags159:

yndsu:

Chuck Finley is forever.

Cant forget Mr Slicey now can we :P

Bruce Campbell without a doubt. What's so special about Fillion? Is it because he features in a lot of obscure, niche things? I hadn't heard of him until I came to the Escapist and entered my first 'Bring back Firefly' thread...

Azure-Supernova:
Bruce Campbell without a doubt. What's so special about Fillion?

You do realize the problem with your question, correct?

For example, here is my thought on the subject:

"Nathan Fillion without a doubt. What's so special about Campbell?"

Doesn't get us anywhere :(.

Oh crap, you edited with more info. Much better! Actually, the same could be said for me and Campbell though. I've heard the name before, but I had no idea what he was on until this little video here.

Excellent topic! I'm partial to The Bruce, myself, but i gotta give Fillion credit. Definitely a tough call this week!

SFR:

Azure-Supernova:
Bruce Campbell without a doubt. What's so special about Fillion?

You do realize the problem with your question, correct?

For example, here is my thought on the subject:

"Nathan Fillion without a doubt. What's so special about Campbell?"

Doesn't get us anywhere :(.

Oh crap, you edited with more info. Much better! Actually, the same could be said for me and Campbell though. I've heard the name before, but I had no idea what he was on until this little video here.

That's a fair point. Though I was actually being sincere with my question >.> I've read the name many times and I've heard of Firefly, but outside of that I'm afraid I've not heard of him. Bruce has got the whole cult following of Evil Dead fans, though again I'm sure that Fillion has his own cult following.

Ah circles, I love going around in them.

yndsu:

Bags159:

yndsu:

Chuck Finley is forever.

Wouldn't want to make him sad.

This was a funny episode. Overacted from second one ("I don't read books, Kyle!"), but still very funny.

I prefer Nathan myself. Bruce only has one really good movie that I've seen, and that's Army of Darkness. The Evil Deads were fairly... meh. The first wasn't very good (but he did do a good job in it) and the second was better, but still not great. Plus, it seems like Bruce will get his shot again when the Evil Dead remake comes around.

Fillian can make me chuckle with just a look. The 'call me mr. internet' picture and following zoom in were hilarious, for example. He's good at being serious and being super-cheesy as well. But I guess I just like him better.

the correct answer is Kurt Russell.

Fillion, Campbell is just a little past his prime. He was great in Army of Darkness but Fillion is just hands down bad ass.

I find the love for Fillion rather sickening honestly. How he's "the go to guy" for anyhting nerds love like he's the be all end all. its like the revelry for Stephen Fry honestly.

Not that he's not a good guy or anyhting, just I dont like the love for him. Its like movie bob said, he'll be casted cause someone loves Castles.

Besides, cant argue against the guy with a chainsaw arm.

Bags159:

yndsu:

Bags159:

Chuck Finley is forever.

Wouldn't want to make him sad.

Yeah, and have to be careful with Mr Needle as well. :P

Fuck yeah, Nathan Fillion!
I love Bruce Campbell, but I adore Nathan Fillion, so I'm very happy with the outcome.
Burn Notice is awesome, Firefly is legendary. Damn good choices!

I'll have to go with Fillion on this one.
I think this is probably the best No Right Answer yet. An interesting debate, and the lack of Jones Soda seems to somehow drastically improve the show.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here