LoadingReadyRun: Imagine If You Will

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Imagine If You Will

The good ideas get done to death because the bad ideas are stupid.

Watch Video

Dear god there's a The Dutch 2?

The Dutch 1 was terrifying enough.

Also one hell of a stinger as usual.

That. Was. AWESOME!

Gotta love LRR!

I still think the burrito idea would work better than Cthulu. Great call. Now instead of young girls being obsessed with fake vampires and being subjected to odd marital relationship metaphors, they'll just be giving more business to Taco Bell. They'll need all the help they can get in the Food Wars, you know.

"Tortilla Wrapped Love"

Anyone else that listens to the LRRcast get this feeling of deja vu? Not that that's a bad thing, I thought the concept was really funny when I heard it on the podcast and the video turned out great, especially the stinger.

How about the boy being a Polymorphed Illithid? That could be funny.

"...need to find another mythological beast to ram into tween culture"

....Umm, perhaps you guys should think this through a little bit. Otherwise you could end up making that movie about dad being a pedophile...only it's a documentary.

Most excellent!
Although replacing Edward with Cthulhu would significantly improve the Twilight movies.

That was hilarious. Really great job on this ep- from acting to editing.

So I crocheted a Cthulhu reading buddy, does that mean I went slowly insane row by row or only became insane after I sewed his little eyeballs on. Wait- does that make me the Cthulhu master?

Ok- so a girl moves to a new school. She's scared and vulnerable. She crochets a small Cthulhu and it magically turns into a hot teenage boy that's old enough to be 'bad' and young enough to not get her grounded. They eat tacos. THE END

*makes plans for big money*

Darth IB:
Most excellent!
Although replacing Edward with Cthulhu would significantly improve the Twilight movies.

Only if the entire cast gets eaten by shoggoth's at the end

Oh God i larfed.

They need to make a tween drama with either a Beholder or a Lamia.

Oh! Wait, no, make him one of these!

Shouldn't "The Dutch 2" poster be at an angle? And ZOMG1es!!! sounds more like something an internet sketch comedy group would do. Fun episode guys.

I got the next big thing for tweens should mythical cat people. People love cats. Now give me millions of dollars to make a movie franchise directly aimed at furr, I mean tween girls. I'm sure no random people on the internet could make any jokes about jokes about cats. That would be ludicrous.

Didn't they try something like that with Beauty and the Beast?

(PS. I've never understood why guys take their jackets off before taking a swing a someone...)

Who said C'thulu isn't sexy?

Zhukov:

(PS. I've never understood why guys take their jackets off before taking a swing a someone...)

Probably so they don't get blood on their stain-reistant jacket and on their very stain-able white t-shirts. Or maybe they realise it's not as cold as it was when they put the jacket on in the first place.

I kind of expected that punch line at the end but none the less a good episode. I suppose it thanks to hungry guys like him that we haven't got any "next" Twiiight just yet well until we see a burritos or food typs of movies soon.

Legions of mindless followers, Cthulhu would approve of this.

Darth IB:
Most excellent!

It would certainly explain why Bella seems kinda insane.

Good work as usual but I totally saw both Cthulhu (probably because i've been playing a certain indie RPG recently) and the siren coming.

Also is it just me or are the stingers usually the best bit?

Zhukov:

If the jacket's the right size, it will slightly impede your punching arm. And if a guy deserves a fist to the face, you don't want to lose power and/or tear your jacket in the process.

OT: I've got one - Ok- so a girl moves to a new school. She's scared and vulnerable. She meets a young, handsome boy and falls in love with him. But it turns out... He's a regular human being!

Cracked.com beat them to this a long ass time ago. Funny, but their literary examples of "Twilighting" up the lore of other stuff (Werewlves, Frankenstein, etc.) we just comedy gold.

Twilight would be much improved if Bella's brain melted every time she looked at him.

Not that you'd tell the difference, but still.

I don't know, Cthulu wouldn't be too bad, tweens already go insane when they see a vampire...

Agent Larkin:

Ninja'd. I'm scared already.

Love it. This is EXACTLY how pitch meetings go down. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Hollywood.

Aww, I was expecting the stinger to be that Graham was so hungry that he ate the man.
Thus revealing the dark, brooding Graham's secret, that he is in fact a Wendigo.

Great episode, that pitch sounded like a short lived anime comedy.

Any guesses as to how long it's going to take for a trailer of the burrito-love movie to make it onto Youtube?

No! No more Cthulhu! He's WAAAAY overused..... thanks to Yahtzee Croshaw.

As for the movie about a boy who's really a burrito... MAKE IT. RIGHT NAO.

No it cut to black! I WANTED TO SEE GRAHAM VS PAUL!

I'll admit, it had me laughing. Though, one contention--Chipotle is more Tex-Mex than Mexican. But still--Canada gets the delicious Tex-Mex Burritos before El Paso does? Dammit, desert city, you're in Texas with a Mexican culture! You should have pioneered that deliciousness!

And now I want to travel the three hours to the nearest Chipotle. Dang.

J03bot:

OT: I've got one - Ok- so a girl moves to a new school. She's scared and vulnerable. She meets a young, handsome boy and falls in love with him. But it turns out... He's a regular human being!

I'll up you one: The same scenario, but a dramatic Twist! He's not into her at all! Le gasp! And by the resolution, he's still not into her, finding her to be clingy and annoying, and he instead dates her arch-nemesis (because clearly all girls have an arch-nemesis in highschool), because she's carefree, aloof, and doesn't get hung up in shallow crap. The girl goes on to college, having only a few friends, and ends up knocking boots with some random guys in her dorm in an attempt to move past the guy. Spoiler, she eventually settles with her average friend, figuring that each other would be the best they'll ever get.

jcb1337:
I still think the burrito idea would work better than Cthulu. Great call. Now instead of young girls being obsessed with fake vampires and being subjected to odd marital relationship metaphors, they'll just be giving more business to Taco Bell. They'll need all the help they can get in the Food Wars, you know.

Bella...Stay away...Don't Cross The border....

*DONG*

(Having never read a Twilight book or seen one of the movies, I have no idea how the Vampire acts or talks beyond sparkling and moping. In this sense, my burrito joke has as much to do with Twilight as Twilight has to do with Vampires).

Oh man, this video is so full of win. Its been a good month for LRR videos :)

Ladies and Gentlemen: never approve movies on an empty stomach...

Agent Larkin:

The trailer for The Dutch 2 is just 3 minutes of Adam shouting "The Dutch, again!" (sorry for the QuickTime link, the Flash version from Revver doesn't seem to want to load).

Ah, hilarious secret background throwbacks...

BehattedWanderer:
I'll admit, it had me laughing. Though, one contention--Chipotle is more Tex-Mex than Mexican. But still--Canada gets the delicious Tex-Mex Burritos before El Paso does? Dammit, desert city, you're in Texas with a Mexican culture! You should have pioneered that deliciousness!

And now I want to travel the three hours to the nearest Chipotle. Dang.

J03bot:

I'll up you one: The same scenario, but a dramatic Twist! He's not into her at all! Le gasp! And by the resolution, he's still not into her, finding her to be clingy and annoying, and he instead dates her arch-nemesis (because clearly all girls have an arch-nemesis in highschool), because she's carefree, aloof, and doesn't get hung up in shallow crap. The girl goes on to college, having only a few friends, and ends up knocking boots with some random guys in her dorm in an attempt to move past the guy. Spoiler, she eventually settles with her average friend, figuring that each other would be the best they'll ever get.

Excellent. Get two token gay characters in there, who eventually get together themselves, and we'll be rich!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here