Unskippable: Sonic the Hedgehog

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Sonic the Hedgehog

Everyone's favorite hedgehog teleports into someone else's game.

Watch Video

Woohoo!

And yes ...that was more final fantasy and less sonic. Seriously ...what the hell?

Wow that looks....awful.

Neither Sonic nor Robotnik (I refuse to call him Eggman) look like they belong there at all. And at the end...why didn't Sonic just run up the buildings and gather enough speed to propel himself onto the ship like he has done so many times before?

I hope he and the Princess (I assume she is anyway) don't fall in love.

Oh God...they do, don't they?

This game has the most incongruent visual design I've ever seen.

Why on Earth did what's-her-face's torch go out when she lit the big spirally thing? Seriously, fire spreads. It doesn't just transfer.

The introduction of beastiality.

Also, when I first saw Robotnik's (or Eggman) new look around the year the PS3 was first released, I thought it was cool. But now, he looks so weird with human proportions.

JWRosser:
Wow that looks....awful.

Neither Sonic nor Robotnik (I refuse to call him Eggman) look like they belong there at all. And at the end...why didn't Sonic just run up the buildings and gather enough speed to propel himself onto the ship like he has done so many times before?

Yes they do and have a quick make-out session before the final boss.

So, is this another cross over game like Kingdom Hearts? Combine Final Fantasy and Sonic the Hedgehog and hope that it makes for a good Sonic game? That's the only thing I can think of to explain what is going on.

I think I liked Sonic games more when the story was, "Dr. Robotnik has kidnapped your animal friends. Run to the right and save them!"

JWRosser:
Wow that looks....awful.

I am afraid they do fall in love and when Sonic dies (SPOILERS) she kisses him back to life. We have necrophiliac bestiality in a Sonic game, and to think, this was before Twilight.

04whim:
Why on Earth did what's-her-face's torch go out when she lit the big spirally thing? Seriously, fire spreads. It doesn't just transfer.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. So terrible even the cutscenes defy all probability.

Still will never get over the ONE GIANT EYEBALL with 2 pupils that has messed with my mind for so many years.

*Sigh*

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

We need a GOOD Sonic the Hedgehog game

You know, I hope Mario takes Sonic out for beers occasionally. I mean, I know they have had their franchise disagreements in the past, but I seriously think Sonic needs consoling after this kind of thing.

I was actually enjoying the game until Robotnik and Sonic showed up. It almost seemed like it was going to be a decent game, up till that point. XD

Seriously though, this is just a bad mixture :S

Princess Legs's legs got disturbingly tanned outside of the FMV. They don't even match her arms or face. Which, come to think of it, does give credence to the "stole that guy's legs" theory.

Madara XIII:
Still will never get over the ONE GIANT EYEBALL with 2 pupils that has messed with my mind for so many years.

*Sigh*

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

We need a GOOD Sonic the Hedgehog game

Play Sonic Colors on Wii or DS. Both are amazing(I prefer the Wii version)

chimpzy:

04whim:

Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. So terrible even the cutscenes defy all probabilityI'd rather take a cheese grater to my own teeth.

Sonic is good. Sonic Team isn't.

Ah, LoadingReadyRun. Making waking up Monday morning bearable.

"Sonic, it'll never work out. You come up to her HIP."

... Think about that statement for a while, and get back to me. I'm sure it will come to you.

The only good part about this game

Now if only that happened in real life...

Woah... I looked up who did the voices in this and it blew my mind. Princess Elise was voiced by Lacey Chabert, who played that girl in the 1998 Lost in Space movie, did the voice for Eliza Thornberry in that Nicktoon and does the voice for Meg fucking Griffin (Family Guy obviously).

Sonic: Don't worry, I'll rescue you--oh hey look, gold rings!

Honestly though. What is this? Fantasy Sonic? I don't even want to think about playing this game.

bawkbawkboo1:
Woah... I looked up who did the voices in this and it blew my mind. Princess Elise was voiced by Lacey Chabert, who played that girl in the 1998 Lost in Space movie, did the voice for Eliza Thornberry in that Nicktoon and does the voice for Meg fucking Griffin (Family Guy obviously).

She was also in Mean Girls...just saying.

Man... the graphics in that game looked so good... and then Sonic shows up and I can't help but remember late 90's CGI in live action movies, where the CGI character stands out horribly.

Especially when Sonic was holding the girl as he ran and she looked like she was being held up by wires on a green screen and then they later put sonic in.

04whim:

Hahahah yeah... that popped into my head too.

I think they sunk their entire budget for that game into that one cutscene.

Also, I'm surprised there were no furry jokes in there. Still great though

Wait! It just occurred to me that they were mixing final fantasy and sonic to create:

Final Sonic!

Le sigh... if only this was the case... I'd support a final Sonic... It would please me greatly if they never made another one.

Yes London, pay attention. I want a sweet tourch becaus ei know our opening ceremony will suck ass.

I want to play Potleaf the Hedgehog :(

Wow, that was so full of fail. Its been a while since one unskippable has contained that much fail.

I was sure they are trolling by saying it's Sonic, I haven't realized that until 2:10 ._.

"Oh yeah, by the way robots."

The deadpan voice just killed me Graham. I loved this episode! XD

loodmoney:
Princess Legs's legs got disturbingly tanned outside of the FMV. They don't even match her arms or face. Which, come to think of it, does give credence to the "stole that guy's legs" theory.

I think the running theory is that the people who designed her model were unable to create a convincing pantyhose texture.

Either that, or she spray-tans in full princess gear.

I died at the dying franchise bit. XD

And yeah, the ending was kind of awkward watching Sonic watch the ship go at what I wouldn't call....*Shades* sonic speed.

When I said I wanted a Final Fantasy/Sonic crossover, they called me mad. MAD!!! Well, how's mad now!!??

Also, really loved "Blue streak, as his franchise dies...."

*Logs onto Escapist, sees link to this*

GAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! What is THAT fucking game doing here!? I hate it hate it hate it hate it I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG'S GAME! Nothing puts a smile on my face faster than seeing someone tear this game to shreds. I watched the opening cutscene intending to play a nice Final Fantasy game, but noooooooo.

Ugh. Maybe I'll go play some Sonic Colors to get this piece of crap out of my mind.

JWRosser:

You don't want to know.

You know...Sonic probably WOULD have had a better RPG than Sonic Chronicles if Square-Enix was on board. Hell...look what Squaresoft ALONE did for Mario!

Of course...if they did make a Sonic RPG in that style, they'd need a much better story to work from. Like say...SatAM.

Thinking about this, imagine if Sonic were put into other RPGs. Arc Sonic Fantasia...Resonance of Sonic (complete with lightning speed gravity fall), Sonic Hearts...eww; I'll stop now.

But yes, Sonic Team REALLY wants to move on from this.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here