Critical Miss: A Femshep to Call My Own

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

A Femshep to Call My Own

"A blot upon the earth from which all men flee."

Read Full Article

what with the new art style?

Doe's that goat/human/platypus hybrid have a hump?

Bubbles were kinda hard to read.

Funny strip though!

What he biscuity Christ was that thing?

I personally think letting fandom pick one wasn't the best option. I think it would've been better to make one themselves and leave it at that, like bloke-shep.

zingobingo4:

I think I prefe this style for some reason.

Haha that was great.

I beg to differ on the imagination front.

Bioware gave us a very limited choise of some pretty bland and generic looking shepards. Why not run a real "Design your own Shepard" competiton and pick some of the best and community favs?

God... that ALMOST looked like the Male Shepard I made for the first game...

After I decided that it was impossible to make a decent looking Shepard (male at least) in Mass Effect, I just went with standard Shepard face for ME2.

Edit:
Daaaayum Scrump, #5 Shepard in that is HOOOT!

cursedseishi:
God... that ALMOST looked like the Male Shepard I made for the first game...

After I decided that it was impossible to make a decent looking Shepard (male at least) in Mass Effect, I just went with standard Shepard face for ME2.

I beg to differ, I made a pretty good looking Male ginger shep, pale skin, red hair, green eyes, and he looked perfectly normal.

though my first attempt at a shepard was terrifying beyond anything i could of ever imagined. Imagine a kind of asian eminem with downs syndrome O_o

hahaha XD yeh enjoy your fugly shepard from the previous games! XD

Scrumpmonkey:

Bioware gave us a very limited choise of some pretty bland and generic looking shepards. Why not run a real "Design your own Shepard" competiton and pick some of the best and community favs?

I vote for Allison... but where's Leelee??

zingobingo4:

Maybe she is eeing the world in a distorted manner due to her EPIC head trauma.

A massive step back from the old art style, this is much worse. Ball Expodingly funny strip though!

Scrumpmonkey:

*Image snip*

Pinkie or Rickman, Pinkie or Rickman...

Oh, why couldn't these have been the real choices available?

Scrumpmonkey:

Can't help but imagine Shepard with Alan Rickman's voice now...awesome :3

I think the competition is silly tbh...is the ME3 cover gonna have the femshep instead of maleshep now or just the default when you start the game...If you've used the same femshep for the other 2 games, why completely change now...on the last part =/

Geo Da Sponge:

Scrumpmonkey:

*Image snip*

Why not a a 2 headed Shep with both Pinkie and Rickman's head...or...Head of pinkie, but Rickmans voice..or other way around, Rickman with Pinkies voice....HAHA, the images in my head now..are quite humerous xD

It's not hard to wind up with a character that looks like a mix between billy drago and andre the giant in that character editor. Proceed with caution.

therandombear:

Geo Da Sponge:

Scrumpmonkey:

*Image snip*

Why not a a 2 headed Shep with both Pinkie and Rickman's head...or...Head of pinkie, but Rickmans voice..or other way around, Rickman with Pinkies voice....HAHA, the images in my head now..are quite humerous xD

Commander Rickman Shepard: I've had enough of your snide insinuations, Mr. Potter...
Reporter: But my name's not-
Commander Rickman Shepard: Ten points from Gryffindor!

Oh god, get the hair out of your eye! Agrh, it's in your eye! D:

We're not really "choosing our own Shepard" so much as "choosing what hair style/skin color Bioware's Shepard will have". Not much of a choice, especially when they put it up on Facebook and it turns into a "which Shepard is hotter" contest.

Then again I suppose that's Bioware's specialty, illusion of choice.

BURN!

Irridium:
We're not really "choosing our own Shepard" so much as "choosing what hair style/skin color Bioware's Shepard will have". Not much of a choice, especially when they put it up on Facebook and it turns into a "which Shepard is hotter" contest.

BURN!

I think the Facebook thing is a fairly obvious marketing project. What pisses me off the most though is that they aren't using the default FemShep. If the male version was good enough to use as a banner headline what does that say about their choice for the default female design? Did they just not pick something they thought could be marketed because they assumed no one would want to use the female version?

I donno, I was always happy with my shepard!

Going strong since ME1. :D

Wandrecanada:

I think the Facebook thing is a fairly obvious marketing project. What pisses me off the most though is that they aren't using the default FemShep. If the male version was good enough to use as a banner headline what does that say about their choice for the default female design? Did they just not pick something they thought could be marketed because they assumed no one would want to use the female version?

That confused me as well. I always felt that the default femshep they had already was decent enough. Not sure why they'd want to change it.

Though if their marketing is any indication, it's probably because the current default femshep wasn't "badass" enough or something equally stupid.

Ah... yes... the downside to totally customization of the face: not knowing how to actually create a good-looking human face.

Scrumpmonkey:

Love the Snape.

Actually my biggest problem with that contest is that all the entries look like junior high students.

Oh this was great XD!
Last two panels really sum up my feelings haha.

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: A Femshep to Call My Own

"A blot upon the earth from which all men flee."

Read Full Article

Love the sentiment. Part of what makes these characters so great is love. The love you put into constructing them.

On the other hand, most of my creations look like...Yeah. Him.

the key to making your own character look good is hitting random until you hit something you like except for skin color/hair style/eye color, the stuff that you can't screw up too badly.

Wandrecanada:

Irridium:

BURN!

I agree, and have been saying this as well. I was gonna buy the limited edition, but now I don't want to anymore. I don't like any femshep here more than the default, and I dislike the way bioware's been handling this franchise. I may not even get the game at all. Also, if they didn't like default femshep, why not just give her a little makeover? For example, femshep 5 with red hair would be an obvious choice for me.

Geo Da Sponge:

therandombear:

Geo Da Sponge:

Commander Rickman Shepard: I've had enough of your snide insinuations, Mr. Potter...
Reporter: But my name's not-
Commander Rickman Shepard: Ten points from Gryffindor!

Commander Rickman Shepard: *punches reporter in the face*

You forgot the best part :3

GeorgW:

Wandrecanada:

Irridium:

BURN!

I agree, and have been saying this as well. I was gonna buy the limited edition, but now I don't want to anymore. I don't like any femshep here more than the default, and I dislike the way bioware's been handling this franchise. I may not even get the game at all. Also, if they didn't like default femshep, why not just give her a little makeover? For example, femshep 5 with red hair would be an obvious choice for me.

Are ou saying your not getting the game becuase it ay not have the defaul character ? I think im missing the point.

Im not gettin ME3, but them changing the defualt character or ot showing it as much as male shep, seems like a weak reason to not buy it.

this isnt my name:

GeorgW:

Wandrecanada:

Are ou saying your not getting the game becuase it ay not have the defaul character ? I think im missing the point.

Im not gettin ME3, but them changing the defualt character or ot showing it as much as male shep, seems like a weak reason to not buy it.

No, I'm not getting the limited edition. The not getting the game is more about them asking the community about this and tali, about dumbing down ME2 and DA2 and so on. I've simply lost faith in Bioware. What I'm saying is that it's no longer a day one buy and I'll wait for reviews.

DeadlyYellow:

Scrumpmonkey:

Love the Snape.

Actually my biggest problem with that contest is that all the entries look like junior high students.

What can we do? America loves Jailbait.

I never had a femshep.
I always played as a guy. ):

My two male Shepards did not look great, at all, so I always went out with a helmet.
On the other hand, my female Shepard looked OK in ME1 but I just love her (modding-enhanced) looks in ME2 and she soon became my main Shep. I've played 3 playthroughs with her already. I don't even want to put one of the DLC helmets on because they would cover her face.
I think if you do it right and if you have a knack for character creation then something well can turn out.

And about the people that say ME2 is bad...what the heck is wrong with you guys? Did you even talk with your crewmates and finished the game?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here