Critical Miss: Catherine

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

good stuff, keep delivering the funny as you always do.

Haha thats awesome. I am really lving this webcomic.

Offtopic: What is that bird in you avatar ? Its expression is... Odd.

this isnt my name:

I believe it's a tawny frogmouth.

Could be wrong though.

Zhukov:

this isnt my name:

Could be wrong though.

I always thought it was a Hawk. Or perhaps some form of owl.

Superman was a good response XD

Irridium:

Zhukov:

this isnt my name:

Could be wrong though.

It's a Tawny Frogmouth. Way way back in the day, back when he was Decoy Doctorpus, he put up a thread asking Australians if they were real because every picture he found of one looked photoshopped. (They are, by the way)

He's used that picture as his avatar ever since. Well, up until Critical Miss started anyway.

On topic, and back into the present, loving the new style!

As Yahtzee says with sure insufferable-ness(I may be quoting wrong): The term werewolf means man-wolf/wolf-man. Were is an old English word for "man". I.E. You called her a man slut.

Outside men in underwear="Bug-fuck Crazy"

Outside women in underwear="Treasure"

Renegade-pizza:
As Yahtzee says with sure insufferable-ness(I may be quoting wrong): The term werewolf means man-wolf/wolf-man. Were is an old English word for "man". I.E. You called her a man slut.

That's true, the meaning of were is man, but the use of that word in creatures like were-something it's contextual, meaning something like 'human-creature' as in this case 'human-slut' The word man is for its human features and not gender, as I recall being told.

EDIT: Can't help but to notice the Tri-Force tatoo missing...

Erm, sheep? xD

Still, great comic this week, loved the axe-murderer bit xD

Urgh76:
Erm, sheep? xD

Still, great comic this week, loved the axe-murderer bit xD

Yeah, in Catherine, the other guys in the dream world thing all look like sheep. I don't know for sure, but I think your character looks like a sheep to them, but I don't know.

But yeah, honestly, this isn't rocket science Vincent, do not fuck the crazy lady-child (female version of man-child). You can talk to your girlfriend, and work whatever out. If you don't stay together you don't stay together, but for God's sake, the loopy girl should not be in the equation!

I kid though, without that, there wouldn't be a game. I just get upset sometimes, when I see people making obvious mistakes in terms of relationships, because I see the results of such simple... simple mistakes all the time. Still, video games. And while I like the more cartoony approach to the speech bubbles (I think it adds a personal touch), I too am missing the "Cory Rydell and Grey Carter ________" bit.

I would've said Quailman...

LordBojangles:
I would've said Quailman...

Also true, but slightly more obscure.

Superman is also acceptable.

Ah... yes, the warewhore. Men usually don't see her coming until it's too late and she's nestling her knife into their entrails. This is an important survival lesson gentlemen...

Funny comic, but I can't say I'm on board with the new speech bubbles. They're really odd and awkward to read.

And yet again, someone refers to Catherine (the character) as the "bad choice". Since when did standing up for what you want (sex, I guess?) and what you don't want (marriage) be a "bad decision"?

Xman490:
And yet again, someone refers to Catherine (the character) as the "bad choice". Since when did standing up for what you want (sex, I guess?) and what you don't want (marriage) be a "bad decision"?

I think when the "Sex" choice included the "Bug-Fuck Crazy" and the "Marriage" choice doesn't.

Swapping the girls around, would you still make the same choice?

The real problem is looks though. Crazy men LOOK crazy.
imageimageimage

Crazy women...
imageimageimageimage

Not so much.

Frostbite3789:
Funny comic, but I can't say I'm on board with the new speech bubbles. They're really odd and awkward to read.

Yeah, I agree. I had to reread a couple of those words (such as ringlets) to figure out what they said. Visual style is nice, but should not interfere with readability.

P.S. Thanks

Irridium:

Zhukov:

this isnt my name:

Could be wrong though.

Nah, I know a frogmouth when I see one.

I lived out in the sticks as a kid. At night we used to get them sitting on the windowsills. They'd eat the various bugs attracted by the light from the windows.

Grey Carter:
Snip

Have you considered those two things are meant to show that the characters are nuts?

Because (spoiler warning) the characters are NUTS.

Cavouku:
I kid though, without that, there wouldn't be a game. I just get upset sometimes, when I see people making obvious mistakes in terms of relationships, because I see the results of such simple... simple mistakes all the time. Still, video games. And while I like the more cartoony approach to the speech bubbles (I think it adds a personal touch), I too am missing the "Cory Rydell and Grey Carter ________" bit.

While it is explained later in the game (I won't spoil it), I actually like how he always ends up fucking up. He's a spineless loser for most of the game, but as it progresses, and the decisions you make affect his character (you make little decisions that affect how he reacts, not the actual choices with what he does, distinct difference), his character grows to deal with the situation at hand. How he handles it depends on what he's done, but overall I think it's dealt with better than most games with a morality system.

hahaha, us fellas are so willing to foresake our instincts for boobies

Sorry Vincent, the answer is not Superman, unfortunately, just stone cold crazy, or "bugfuck crazy".

Great comic, I like the new art style btw.

Yeah... those are some pretty obvious warning signs that I did notice.

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: Catherine

Warning signs.

Read Full Article

Did I detect a Loony Toons reference in there? I felt like the next panel would have someone falling off a wall of blocks holding up a sign that says "Help!".

lol. I loved the superman response.

It is unfair, the things girls can get away with... I wanna wear my boxers outside...

Fiz_The_Toaster:

It does look alot cleaner. The details are alot more pronounced. Im really liking it.

But it's a Japanese game right? Pretty much all Japanese charactershave to have some kind of odd hairstlye, I honestly think it might be one of their censorship laws.

PunkRex:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

It does look alot cleaner. The details are alot more pronounced. Im really liking it.

Yeah, at first I wasn't too sure about it since I get nervous when a comic changes it's art style, but the last two really sold me on it.

Fiz_The_Toaster:

PunkRex:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

Yeah, at first I wasn't too sure about it since I get nervous when a comic changes it's art style, but the last two really sold me on it.

Funny how scribbles turn into aesthetics.

Bugfuck crazy has officially been ninja'd. Good stuff!

Am I the only one who noticed that the comic says "axe-murders" instead of murderers?

Still, great comic.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or