Grand Theft Auto: A Pick Your Path Adventure

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Grand Theft Auto: A Pick Your Path Adventure

The wrong choice could lead to your doom in this pick-your-path adventure inspired by Grand Theft Auto.

Read Full Article

When I pick an option I get a 403 error, telling me the page is for staff members only.

Is this supposed to be finished or is it still being worked on? Because I just get a "403 access denied".

EDIT: Works now. A bunch of crazy unforeseeable deaths? Just how I like my "choose your own adventure"s!

also getting 403

Good idea, if it can be made to work ... I guess 403 is code for "you go bowling with your cousin".

edit : Oh, and welcome Evan!

Same, getting 403's.
But if you hover over the link and check to see wich page you should end up at, click on the number instead.

Thatll work.

Yggdraz0r:
Same, getting 403's.
But if you hover over the link and check to see wich page you should end up at, click on the number instead.

Thatll work.

Aha, that does work.
Though I did hit a point at which the numbers didn't include any I could take ...

Also : I got syphillaids, which isn't exactly pleasant.

Yay I won. This is quite fun. It's more like playing Jason Statham:the game than GTA 4 though.

Yggdraz0r:
Same, getting 403's.

Thatll work.

Cheers.

Apparently I don't know to stop, look and listen. So out of two options, one is 'instant death'? Talk about getting rail-roaded.

Sorry about that guys! >.>

Before I go any further with this: the fact that there is a character named Mr. Spoony gives this whole Choose-your-own-adventure game a hilarious spin.

If I end up not meeting a character called Mr Knifey, I'll be hugely dissapointed

can you in fact win?

Latinidiot:
can you in fact win?

Eventually. It took me a couple dozen tries, but I did win.

YOU WIN!!!

CLICK TO PLAY AGAIN

It's pretty funny when you get there.

Had an idea like this ages ago, but never got it implemented. Nicely done sir :)

This is incredibly silly and arbitrary.

Nonetheless, it is simultaneously much more engaging than it probably should be. Well done, Escapist.

I played this in the same way I played a typical saints row game. In other words I took the stupidest option possible and cackled evilly when I actually managed to survive and win.

I eventually got fed up and just clicked the last page for the ending, but I do love me a good choose your own aventure.

That was rather diverting... all the deaths, but I finally did win.

Haa, that actually made exactly as much sense as GTA does.

Actually, it felt like just about every computer game story I've ever heard. Is that where the so-called art of games is at, when it comes to story-telling; Lone Wolf gamebooks from mid-late 80's? Not to denigrate Lone Wolf or Grey Star; I'm something of a Joe Dever fan because of those works. But still; they are gamebooks -- a game in a non-interactive medium! Surely interaction should have done something to the way that games tell stories?

I don't know if that was at all the intent of this gamearticle, but that's pretty illuminating to me. I haven't made the connection between what I feel is a "typical game story" and the structure of a gamebook, but now it seems obvious. Sure, actual computer games usually branch a bit more than binary "live or die" choices, but only just barely in my opinion, and proper gamebooks (other than the D&D ones!) usually have some pretty complex paths, although they all lead to the same destination. Exactly like a video game.

Could it be an artifact from the development cycle, with finite state machine diagrams and flow charts being used to describe the design and conceptualization of the story within the team?

When faced with the kind of obnoxious, "one and only one solution" choices like what this thing seems to be, I did what any sensible GTA player would do; cheat. Go straight to pg. 128 to save time.

Oh noes, Syphilaids! ...what? Don't judge me! :[

YEAH!

I got the party-bus ending and it feels pretty damn sweet!

off topic, the captcha is normal again! No video-captcha this time!!

Spherex:

Worth it. Syphilaids FTW.

Well, I won, but the ending where

is just as good. And of course, you respawn from that one too. :p

Spherex:

I got it too. Shit.

First run I got syphilaids and realised that logic doesn't mean shit in the adventure, so I just chose what sounded the most illogical and rolled with it. I got the ending where you end up in a disco strip club.

I died numerous times , but I gave up when my ass got nuked. -_-

haha That was pretty amusing. I only got a few pages in, but I wanna check it out fully later. I caught Syphilaids though. The 5 seconds of passion was totally worth a lifetime of regret though.

I should also add, props to the creator. Neat way of using linking to do something unique. :)

I liked that, I'd love to see more of these in the future.

Spherex:

I was about to say this too.

Is there a single person here who knew that you'd die or get aids or something and didn't click it? Because i'm reckoning we all knew and clicked anyway to see what would happen. (Also, i'm totally not going through multiple times to see what can happen)

That was so well written I truly felt I was in the GTA universe.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here