Zero Punctuation: Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Call of Juarez: The Cartel.

Watch Video

i remember yahtzee liking call of juarez

He never liked Call of juarez ??

Oh this should be good...

I got the same problem ZP has with the co-op, why DON'T you want your co-op friend to help you out better? Unless you're not playing seriously and aiming to screw each other over.

... What?! Yahtzee wears cardies?! My opinion has taken a new low! And BBC being lumped together with American law-enforcement and security services... could've gone for NFL... or something...

Wow, first time I've heard a Soylent Green reference...

I lol'd at the middle finger bit. Great evisceration Yahtzee, I'll see you next week.

THERE ISN'T A MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH!

That seriously needs to be a de-motivational poster or something ...

They were the 'labors' of Hercules. Which has zero relevance to the rest of the review. I'm just a stickler.

i hate games that keep telling you to play online, when i select single player that means that i want to play on my own for awhile

One more for the crap pile it seems. Shame really. This one had potential, at least in theory. I don't have a problem with taking an old westy game and focusing on decendants or whatever... unless the gameplay blows.

Afternoon play is the best! WOO!

Somehow, I get the distinct feeling that the ideas of "Co-Op" and "secretive" do not and should not EVER be combined into a FPS.

Funny as hell as always. I don't think this game looks any good anyways. They jump 150 years later and it makes no damn since. If you want to make a game about drug cartels, ok, fine, but drop the Call of Juarez title.

I was not expecting anything other than what he said, this game is more panned than an omlette.

Side note: the giant middle finger was awesome.

I like how you keep ignoring your fans and refuse to review Catherine, if I were you Id wait a year and do it just because you can

Wouldn't that just make the game worse for new players who are playing with veteran ones? Assuming that your stopped if some one catches you picking up a exclusive character thing.

Just as any game this game is honestly made better with co-op but then again that isn't a valid excuse for zahtzee so there goes that argument. I prefered the previous call of juarez titles.

My new favorite quote:
"There is no middle finger big enough!"

I'm so glad I bought New Vegas last week. With all the shit games that are coming out lately, there's nothing good to play.

Oh wow I didnt even know this game had come out yet. I enjoyed the last two and might have to give this one a rent.

The Virgo:
THERE ISN'T A MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH!

That seriously needs to be a de-motivational poster or something ...

Agreed. That, and "BEERP! TURN AROUND NOW!"

Surprisingly I haven't heard of this game and I'm glad I didn't now.

I liked how animated he was in this one, it was very dynamic and the writing was a lot of fun. You can tell he was genuinely pissed off with this game instead of some others that he mostly liked and had to scrounge for nits to pick for comedy value.

Darth Rahu:
I lol'd at the middle finger bit. Great evisceration Yahtzee, I'll see you next week.

I inhaled shredded wheat when he said that. I've got to stop eating and watching ZP at the same time.

coolkirb:
I like how you keep ignoring your fans and refuse to review Catherine, if I were you Id wait a year and do it just because you can

Err, might it be 'cause he hasn't gotten his hands on it yet? I mean, so far it has only been released in Japan and in the US as far as I know.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Snip

Strange your main critic of this Call of Juarez (besides the bad characters, story, gameplay, and change from the interesting US to overdone L.A.) is that the game focused on co-op when you complained about the lack of co-op in the last game. Of course this game screwed up everything that was good about the last games, and having co-op as a feature is different than building YOUR ENTIRE GAME around co-op.

That is a great video. I do agree. What is with game makers forcing multiplayer down my throat? Really it seems now that MMO have become super big. It like everyone has to have a half ass multiplayer stuff in it. Even if it is a CO OP it still a big slap in the face.

Glad to know this game sucks. Even thought I never know it existed. Well I tend never to pay attion of bad games or games that look bad. Only reassion I know of MW3 is because it plastered everywhere even though everyone knows it going be a copy and paste of MW2 just like WaW and Black Ops.

Box Art deception, if I hadnt watched this video i sure as hell wouldnt have guessed this was a modern era game...

Also why not call it like it is, Call of WhhhaaaReeezzzz lol

HOLY SHIT! That was the funniest one in a while!

Pure comedy all the way through, but I agree with the other posters: "THERE IS NO MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH!" was the funniest of it all.

I may still rent Call of Juarez, but now, it won't be because I liked the first one okay (although I did), it'll be because it'll make me think of this review and I'll be laughing throughout.

"...just pile in the back and look at you like dogs with leashes in their mouths..." Comedy gold.

EDIT: isn't gameplay where you're supposed to work against one another actually competitive and NOT co-op by definition? That is either brilliant design or dumb as a sack of hammers... and I'm leaning towards the second option.

That's too bad Yahtzee, because we all know how much you LOVED the first game.

sorry, someone must have left the sarcasm switch on...

did they really have to make the one on the middle ground of shooting the one on the middle ground of skin color? for shame...

coolkirb:

I don't think he's refused to review catherine more like he's reviewing other stuff at the moment. A catherine review from him would be nice cause I could see him being very disenchanted with the theme of the story and the characters and the japanese weirdness and he might even dislike the puzzle elements.

It's been to long since we've had a review of a game while the entire comment section is filled with livid angry fans.

coolkirb:

I'm sure that could be a part of it, but the thing is, Catherine doesn't even have a release date in Europe yet, let alone Australia. He'd have to import it, and I'm wondering if he gives enough of a toss to do so.

...Fuck that captcha. I do not have a key on my keyboard that puts (0) over Xi,jE

THERE IS NO MIDDLE FINGER BIG ENOUGH

Probably shouldn't have been a surprise that Yahtzee would hate it.

coolkirb:

There seems to be a three-week period between when a game comes out and when Yahtzee reviews it (due to Australian release dates and the period of time Yahtzee needs to both play the game and make each corresponding video); I'd expect a review of it within the next week or two. I certainly want to see it.

EDIT: Ninja'd multiple times

He's right about the characters saying the same damn line over and over and over and over and etc. during gameplay. It gets annoying after an hour of it, you could just say shut up to your screen.

I also noticed he didn't mention Concentration Mode in this video. When Ben uses it, I laugh at all of his catchphrases.

And I'm curious to know if he played it with subtitles because I noticed that some of the subtitles don't match with what they say in the game.

ONE MORE THING! He didn't mention that the voice acting is a mixed bag. Especially when some of the voices sound like it's being recorded to a phone or a voice recorder.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 61854)