Trailers: The Dark Meadow - Trailer

The Dark Meadow - Trailer

Abandoned hospitals have never seemed creepier in this mobile game powered by the Unreal Engine 3.

Watch Video

Calling it now, Whoever the narrator is actually turns out to be...

Shodan.

Okay? So isn't survival horror usually going for the 'hardcore' crowd... usually? And this is going to be on the IPAD. Thats a product for complete failure. Its going to be interesting but the people who invest in this are most likely thicker than the people who invested in Brink and thought it would have a chance competing with TF2. I highly doubt the IPAD will ever cater for the 'hardcore' crowd.
The last thing we need is cheeto fingerprint marked screen.

Valagetti:
Okay? So isn't survival horror usually going for the 'hardcore' crowd... usually? And this is going to be on the IPAD. Thats a product for complete failure. Its going to be interesting but the people who invest in this are most likely thicker than the people who invested in Brink and thought it would have a chance competing with TF2. I highly doubt the IPAD will ever cater for the 'hardcore' crowd.
The last thing we need is cheeto fingerprint marked screen.

Really? Did you just go shopping at "Stereotypes R' Us" or something? Infinity Blade probably could be considered "hardcore" and it has done exceedingly well. My guess is that whether or not this will be profitable will depend if the price-point is right and if it is well-executed, not whether or not it fits your perception of 'gamer types' and the devices they use.

For example, I have an iPad2, and I'm certain I fit the description 'hardcore gamer'... unfortunately, I don't have fingers covered in cheeto-dust since I don't eat junk food.

I'll buy it if it's priced under $10 and it isn't bug-tastic; it looks like it'd be a great way to kill time when I'm stuck in airports.

Now that is how to make one good horror trailer. And the voice actor should be awarded a oscar just for the voice over.

Session 9 the game? :P

Hope this comes out on the PSN or maybe a handheld. Looks nice.

Ah that's why it looked so barren and empty, I guess this is their limit, I would have cheated and made the trailer look way out there.

Could be a very cool adventure game, I just hope they don't do that Fruit Ninja reskin again (Infinity Blade?), because that bored the pants off me.

This seems so fucking good, if only for the voice work. I would buy the game just to hear more of that guy narrating.

And the premise/setting is refreshing as well.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here