Critical Miss: Origin

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Origin

Every step you take and every move you make...

Read Full Article

"Is always there" still has a better ring to it that "Is always watching you", even though the latter one may be equally true with all the "anonymous" data they gather..

So origin joins the prestigous ranks of Santa Claus, the CIA, Sting and the Police, and the NSA. Now that is comedic and creepy, congrats to you sir.

Steam needs a competitor. A competitor that treats customers well, offer what Steam does not(or offer what Steam offers, but better), be unobtrusive, and give good reasons to add yet another program to your PC. It also needs goodwill and trust.

EA is not the one who's up to the challenge for that. They have a history of not giving two craps about their customers, Origin offers nothing interesting compared to Steam, gives no good reason to install, and as far as goodwill and trust go, well I don't think I need to explain that.

There's also the fact that their prices are more expensive then Steam in certain areas of the world. Particularly Europe. And their sales are just laughable.

Yeah, EA will not be the one to "challenge" Steam.

hahaha made me smile, and i aint having anything to do with origin, unless its willing to chuck in with the rent.

also your wrong, bastion is the best game on the summer sale,so where are we doing this fight?

Bastion is the best Summer of Arcade game! Commence fisticuffs!

You know what's the actual hilarity of it? Them advertising the program as being "always there" and "living where you live" - and then region blocking areas. So if you move to a region blocked area, it's actually not there and doesn't live where you do.

Corporate software wanting to watch me when I sleep?

Sheez guys, get in line...

thank god I live in a country where nobody gives a shit about the aerege citizen... watching me would be a waste of time

All respect I had for you before has now increased even further. You managed to make a joke about Origin that

a: Was actually based on Origin, not EA's reputation.
b: Was funny and not just a bunch of flaming.
and c: Didn't just amount to Valve-worship, which is where I was expecting this to go wrong.

Good job. Funny as always.

Super funny stuff: It's ALWAYS THERE. Until you play a game, unlike Steam.

Hypocrites.

Welcome back, old art style! The last one wasn't bad, but the grass is maybe in some cases including this one greener if you don't break the status quo.

Also this comic was funny.

I cannot take Origin seriously until it understands that "I want you inside of me" is a creepy line that only works (in a strict biological sense) on guys, not on gir--...is that a meerkat wearing headphones? Man this web-comic is trendy as heck.

Insanely twisted shadow planet is the first one I don't like. I really wanted to like it, I mean I absolutely love Super Metroid & Geometry wars.

The controls just sort of felt sloppy. It looks awesome though, reminded me of Patapon.

Bastion is by FAR my favorite summer of arcade game this year.

Last line should of been "Im sorry Erin, I'm afraid i can't do that"

"I want you inside me."

* shudders *

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy

Maybe that will help the fact that Origin is waiting for you to fall asleep.
Because maybe science can keep Origin from stalking you.

At 17 comments, I thought I might have something to add. However, starting with Irridium and moving on from there, I find I have nothing to say.
Why the hell am I posting this?
Ah yes. I remember now. Just sayin', okay, seems I actually like Critical Miss readers. For once, I don't regret reading the comments.

Hrm. While I'm sure I've observed Valve worship, I do wish to point out that not all who prefer Steam are necessarily worshipful. It's still DRM, it's just DRM which doesn't treat its customers universally like criminals. I've also read far worse EULAs than Steam offers.

EA has finally succumbed to its creeper needs....

*DANCE SLOWLY*

Join me, folks!

Dr. wonderful:

*DANCE SLOWLY*

Join me, folks!

*Begins to dance with her laptop*

Also, Erin, if you wake up with your hair on a keyboard you don't remember going to bed with, that is a good time to upgrade to a new computer... without Origin...

Dear lord, Skynet is a pathetic stalker...

..So yoa'll need to hide yo' kids, hide yo' wiv.....

*ahem* Yes what was that? Cliched meme? What cliched meme?

I don't want to sign up for your stupid server, I don't want to make an account on your damn website, I just want you to take my money and sell me a product.

And I won't buy it if it is a product I have to ask permission to use*, or rats on me to your server when I'm using it.

*actually I might buy it second hand so you don't see any of the money, then run a crack so it doesn't talk to your server anymore, so it works like a purchased product should

Valate:
Super funny stuff: It's ALWAYS THERE. Until you play a game, unlike Steam.

Hypocrites.

Like Steam's any better? Buying a game off a shelf in a STORE and finding that it's only 95% of the game and you have to download the rest off steam? You're basically just renting it, like Netflix.

The only only distributor that seems to actually SELL FULL GAMES is GoodOldGames. GOG makes both Steam and Origin look like a joke with their invasive hand-holding bs

When i saw the "I want you inside" i thought it was coming from the drawer and was.....something else lol.

Vrach:
You know what's the actual hilarity of it? Them advertising the program as being "always there" and "living where you live" - and then region blocking areas. So if you move to a region blocked area, it's actually not there and doesn't live where you do.

Wait, what? As in, region blocking PC GAMES? Why? Region blocking is being less and less used these days (I just imported the U.S. version of Catherine for my PAL PS3). Can you give us a link or something?

Dr. wonderful:

*DANCE SLOWLY*

Join me, folks!

I prefer this version

But there's nothing creepy about watching a girl sleep, just ask Edward Cullen.

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: Origin

Every step you take and every move you make...

Read Full Article

Marvel vs Capcom 2 will forever be the greatest arcade game in existence.....Come At Me Bro!!

But in all seriousness, you've got me interested in this Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet I am gonna give it a look.

Irridium:
Steam needs a competitor. A competitor that treats customers well, offer what Steam does not(or offer what Steam offers, but better), be unobtrusive, and give good reasons to add yet another program to your PC. It also needs goodwill and trust.

EA is not the one who's up to the challenge for that. They have a history of not giving two craps about their customers, Origin offers nothing interesting compared to Steam, gives no good reason to install, and as far as goodwill and trust go, well I don't think I need to explain that.

There's also the fact that their prices are more expensive then Steam in certain areas of the world. Particularly Europe. And their sales are just laughable.

Yeah, EA will not be the one to "challenge" Steam.

If you ask me its kind of a pity.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Steam summer sales as much as the next guy and probably spend more money on Steam games than him too, but I think a little competition on the DD market wouldnt be a bad thing. Obviously you cant expect a challenger to appear and use *extreme sale cheaper than Steam at every point* because Steam already holds the dominant ground in every respect. But if EA or Microsoft employed even the slightest bit of common sense when fashioning the features of their Service/DRM, they could make a lot of money. And possibly bully Steam a little.

But of course its not happening because they are dumbasses.

RikuoAmero:

Vrach:

Wait, what? As in, region blocking PC GAMES? Why? Region blocking is being less and less used these days (I just imported the U.S. version of Catherine for my PAL PS3). Can you give us a link or something?

Can't give you a link, but was told to me last night by an EA customer service rep. I was looking into whether it was possible to get The Old Republic in Serbia via Origin by having a friend from UK buy it for me and pass me the account info. Apparently, Origin'd just IP block my arse >.>

Vrach:

RikuoAmero:

Vrach:

Can't give you a link, but was told to me last night by an EA customer service rep. I was looking into whether it was possible to get The Old Republic in Serbia via Origin by having a friend from UK buy it for me and pass me the account info. Apparently, Origin'd just IP block my arse >.>

Huh? Can't he just gift it?? Or are you saying that The Old Republic is region blocked in Serbia??? EA??? WHAT THE HELL???

winter2:

Vrach:

RikuoAmero:

Huh? Can't he just gift it?? Or are you saying that The Old Republic is region blocked in Serbia??? EA??? WHAT THE HELL???

Game's not region blocked, but Origin itself is apparently.

Heh, great as always. Also, it's nice that you didn't keep the font you had before. Now I can read properly again.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here