Trailers: RAGE - Uprising Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

RAGE - Uprising Trailer

Lead the resistance against the Authority in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Rage.

Watch Video

That looks a lot like Fallout, gameplay looks decent enough thought.

God I hope this game doesn't suck...

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
That looks a lot like Fallout. Gameplay looks decent, but Bethesda is going to get quick a bit of flak.

Flak for what? Bethesda has nothing to do with the game, this is all ID right here.

I can't help looking at Rage as a preview/demo of Doom 4, seeing as it's the same developer and same engine.

Still not sure what to make of it though. Hopefully it's more than 4 or 5 hours long. Hopefully it's got a decent and varied single player story. Hopefully the vehicle sections don't suck.

I WANT.
It looks fun and, from the dialogue we've heard, the writing is good if not fantastic. And the story interests me.

I am intrigued by this game, it's generic FPS, but it at least looks more fun and varied than the usual generic FPS.

I guess I'll just wait and see.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
That looks a lot like Fallout. Gameplay looks decent, but Bethesda is going to get quick a bit of flak.

Black Watch:

Flak for what? Bethesda has nothing to do with the game, this is all ID right here.

You two do know that the game is published by Bethesda ?

That looks like a fun game right there.

iniudan:

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Black Watch:

You two do know that the game is published by Bethesda ?

What I meant was that Bethesda hasn't touched this game development-wise. They had nothing to do with it save for publishing it.

uhhhhhhh
Yes please! Do want! Do want!

Ugh.... "There are people who go against the authorities, they call themselves the Resistance"....

Really? Do they really call themselves that?

I am not trying to be a pessimist, but this game feels a bit derived. I'm gonna watch it, it could be cool. I love FPS sandbox games, such as Borderlands. So.... here's to high hopes.

Wellllll, you can't get much more generic and brown setting wise. Very much Gears of War meets Fallout as far as I can see. What makes it special/worth getting when I'll be full of BF3 and Deus Ex? I just don't see what makes it particularly interesting, especially after the phenomenal marketing of Deus Ex and the impressive gameplay trailers of BF3. They need to step up their game if they want to attract the attention of perhaps the more discerning gamer, but I'd expect them to be able to shift it well enough if they buy some decent reviews. Not looking like series material atm though.

I'm hopeful that this will turn out awesome, but I don't have the money to risk picking it up new to end up burned.

It ... almost looks like the game Duke Nukem was trying to be, if you excuse my mention of those cursed words.

I thought it would be a Fallout 3 rip-off at first, but after all the trailers... I just really don't care if it is. This game looks bloody gorgeous!

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
That looks a lot like Fallout, gameplay looks decent enough thought.

What?

Black Watch:

What?

Sixcess:
Still not sure what to make of it though. Hopefully it's more than 4 or 5 hours long. Hopefully it's got a decent and varied single player story. Hopefully the vehicle sections don't suck.

What?

Did any of you actually LOOK AT THAT TRAILER?

That's the most awesome shit I've seen in a while right there.

Rage, Skyrim, DeusEx3... how will I ever keep up!?

Tiamat666:

Black Watch:

What?

Did any of you actually LOOK AT THAT TRAILER?

That's the most awesome shit I've seen in a while right there.

Rage, Skyrim, DeusEx3... how will I ever keep up!?

I said, "God I hope this game doesn't suck". Meaning that I have been looking for to it since it was announced years a go in the same manner that I was looking forward to Too Human.

So I was already jaw-dropping at how wicked this game looks, and then I am certain I heard John Goodman. Now I not only need new pants, but a new rectum as I shat bricks.

Also, since when does having a post apocalyptic setting make something into a Fallout rip-off? I saw no reincarnations of anything from the 50s. Except maybe some guy calling a waste land 'the Waste Lands', but that would be Fallout's fault for being too generic with it's naming.

Tsaba:
uhhhhhhh
Yes please! Do want! Do want!

HAHAHA! Oh god, that pic made my day. Thank you, good sir!

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be in the same vein as Borderlands. That was such a disappointing game for me.

One thing that was always good about id's games were the varations in enemies. Case in point: Quake, which Yahtzee um, pointed out recently.

Rage... I dunno. Seems a lot like Gears. I want some flying octopi or whatever.

Tiamat666:
Snip

The game looks a lot like Fallout and Borderlands, plus this trailer is 80% cutscene. So I'm still not sold.

Oh god, the new generation...
There was a time when "An id Software production" instantly signalled quality. It saddens me that new kids don't have respect for the legendary development studio.

I'm suffering from post-apocolyptic game disorder. I'm burnt out on dirty run-down brownish settings with or without zombies and feel fatigued just thinking about jogging around another wasteland.

"Borderrage Fallout Gearlands 9000" looks like every other grungy dystopia. Points for attempting a different visual style, but it's not stylized enough in my personal opinion.

How does this video relate to Starcraft?

*bwahahaha*

Wicky_42:
[B]ut I'd expect them to be able to shift it well enough if they buy some decent reviews.

Are you joking or just trying to 'look' edgy in that pretentious way that many on the escapist attempt?

OT:

Rage seems very reminiscent of Half Life 2, which is a good thing. Looks very different from anything id have done before. Very excited to see how this one turns out, given that this is a new thing for the studio.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Tiamat666:
[quote="Patrick_and_the_ricks" post="6.304872.12233943"]Snip

The game looks a lot like Fallout and Borderlands, plus this trailer is 80% cutscene. So I'm still not sold.

Yeah, there's a real lack of gameplay videos for Rage circulating around the net, right?

jeretik:
Oh god, the new generation...
There was a time when "An id Software production" instantly signalled quality. It saddens me that new kids don't have respect for the legendary development studio.

id are yet to develop a game that isn't of a high quality. Still, it's cool to bash anything that takes obvious inspiration from other great titles on this site because it's considered artiste.

Edit*

Code on this site is griefing me.

Still Life:

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

Tiamat666:
Snip

Yeah, there's a real lack of gameplay videos for Rage circulating around the net, right?

Is that sarcasm? I don't get what you meant there.

Well, guess I'll be watching for more news on this game, won't buy it till I see reviews though, I haven't had such great luck with pre-orders lately.

The world of Fallout, the vague plot summary that sounds like Brink, and gameplay that reminds me of Bioshock.
Hey, I'm not arguing.

i've decided to sell almost all my old games to get Skyrim, RAGE, and BF3, and RAGE might be the one i'll like most story wise, it looks half lifey and i like that a lot, and i think that this game is also trying to say
"grey and brown pallets can be used aesthetically and awesomely if you mesh with the world and lore."
because come on those were the colors i saw most of but didn't care because it looks so fitting and gorgeous.

The more I see of Rage, the more excited I am about it. id have never let me down in the past, I don't expect they'll start now.

Looking forward to firing a shotgun that feels like it's ripping a hole through the spacetime continuum.

Sixcess:
Hopefully it's more than 4 or 5 hours long.

Apparently it's at least 15-20 hours long, according to Todd Hollenshead.
http://www.destructoid.com/interview-id-president-todd-hollenshead-vents-his-rage--207991.phtml
Pretty much everything he says in that interview reassures me that Rage will be all kinds of awesome.

wow looks pretty good, looks like gears of war meets borderlands (borderlands gameplay and colors, but gears of war world type)

color me interested for sure..

If it came out now i'd buy it. But at that time there are too many other titles that it can't compete with.

Will you look at all that brown? I mean, I thought New Vegas was brown, but God damn.

I think it looks pretty good. I have watched a few gameplay vids and mind control crossbow bolts that can also explode sound really fun. Also not many quality FPS games coming out this year DE:HR (more of a rpg imo) and BF3 is really it. Bioshock isnt coming out till next year.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here