Critical Miss: The Bad News...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Bad News...

...and the really bad news.

Read Full Article

this world really has become fubar

I think now, the only thing Nintendo fans can do, is to send an apology letter to Iwata each time they buy a game for any of the Nintendo systems.

That last panel is just brilliant. Kudos.

Grammar spelling and error checking are over rated when it comes to reporting good news

I may be missing something, but what the hell happened to that whole 'Stowaways' thing? Does it just end with a truck maybe running over a possibly imaginary frog without ever explaining what in god's name was going on? If so it feels like we're being set up for a sequel.

If Iwata had bought me a strawberry milkshake and jet pack I might just swear my eternal loyalty to him or Nintendo right there.

I remember when they used to have a major delay between region launches for their consoles. During the N64 reign, some people in the UK were paying up to 1000 to get a US machine and then complaining about it being over-priced.

Yeah, stupidity knows no bounds. :)

I would definitely purchase a poster of that last panel

Kjakings:
I may be missing something, but what the hell happened to that whole 'Stowaways' thing? Does it just end with a truck maybe running over a possibly imaginary frog without ever explaining what in god's name was going on? If so it feels like we're being set up for a sequel.

Or it could just be good ol' ambiguity. You know, that thing at the ends of books and movies that leave things to your imagination? A pretty decent way to end a weird story? I dunno, I'm just spouting nonsense here.

Apologies if I'm missing something, but why are the strawberry milkshakes brown?

This one was sooo funny! Those last two panels are priceless!

Keava:
I think now, the only thing Nintendo fans can do, is to send an apology letter to Iwata each time they buy a game for any of the Nintendo systems.

So, the Nintendo Wii owners get out of having to send an apology letter?

Buh-zing!

I work for a phone company and when the price of one of our top-of-the-line phones dropped just after Thanksgiving last year (the phone launched in June, mind you), people had a **** fit. I had to deal with so many people who were totally **** off at me personally because they thought I was "ripping them off" and they demanded a refund for the price difference.

Our society as a whole has devolved (yes, evolution has been proven and we're now in the phase of going backwards). Most people have become self absorbed, selfish jerks who demand that everyone bow and bend to their every will. Companies aren't there to provide an innovative product, oh no, they're there to appease those greedy consumers who think the world revolves around them.

The_Decoy:
Apologies if I'm missing something, but why are the strawberry milkshakes brown?

Isn't it obvious? Those milkshakes are bullshit!

It would have been so much better if they were strawberry milkshake jetpacks. Apologise immediately and lower the price of this comic strip!

It is a bit odd that Nintendo would do such a wacky thing like this when they have milked their customers dry with other handhelds in the past. I think he actually messed up his lines and was supposed to be apologising for having not announced the upcoming 3DSi, 3DSi lite, 3DSi XL and 3DSi XL lite versions.

Hold the fuck up.

Those look like chocolate milkshakes, not strawberry. That smug bastard.

You forgot the most baffling part of this to me, a CEO lowering their pay-check in stead of taking it out on employees. It's bizarro world!!

I think we have a bit of a obligation to be upset. Unit has been out less than 6 months and its loosing 25% of its price. In return for our early support we get handed digital copies of gba games?

Yes I'm aware we didn't have to get anything, so don't bother pointing it out. Not giving out any kind of "apology" is bad marketing. Remember how pissed when the only thing announced for the ps3 outage was playstation plus?

In fact I'd have been a lot happier if they would have given me a list of games to choose from. Especially as I don't care about most of the games they have already listed as "ambassador" titles.

Just shows me that nintendo only has nostalgia to offer us.

No-one likes strawberry milkshakes! Damn you to hell Nintendo...My jet-pack armada will rain fire and poop from the sky.

I love how someone is throwing their baby.

Although the 3DS has some nice features, 3D isn't really one of them. No this has nothing to do with me being unable to see 3D...

Stupid 3D

Price-drops, milkshakes, AND jet-packs?
Worst. Day. Ever.

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss: The Bad News...

...and the really bad news.

Read Full Article

<_> Hmmmm.....You're 20 feet tall, and can breath fire?

:) Do you do you do birthday parties? My nephew is turning 6 in a while.

Priceless, jetpacks are shit though, burning your ass every time you bend over backwards.

Renegade-pizza:
No-one likes strawberry milkshakes! Damn you to hell Nintendo...My jet-pack armada will rain fire and poop from the sky.

Well then I'll to postpone my trip to Japan.
:( Again.....
>_< Filthy flying poop monkeys....

Is that... is that a reference to The Strokes?

Considered my day made!

of course people are mad..we demand TWO strawberry milkshakes!

I'm sorry, but Nintendo are giving away 20 free games to people that already own a 3DS. What the devil do they have to apologise for?

pretentiousname01:
I think we have a bit of a obligation to be upset. Unit has been out less than 6 months and its loosing 25% of its price. In return for our early support we get handed digital copies of gba games?

Yes I'm aware we didn't have to get anything, so don't bother pointing it out. Not giving out any kind of "apology" is bad marketing. Remember how pissed when the only thing announced for the ps3 outage was playstation plus?

In fact I'd have been a lot happier if they would have given me a list of games to choose from. Especially as I don't care about most of the games they have already listed as "ambassador" titles.

Just shows me that nintendo only has nostalgia to offer us.

The earlier you buy something, the more you pay for it.

That is a big part of how commodities are priced.

There is no excuse for not being aware that the price would drop. Just because t dropped sooner and by a larger margin than expected does not give you any kind of right to be annoyed. You were the one who bought something for a price it obviously isn't worth, knowing full well that EVERYTHING is priced higher when released earlier.

GiantRaven:
I'm sorry, but Nintendo are giving away 20 free games to people that already own a 3DS. What the devil do they have to apologise for?

People are self absorbed twits who think that because they bought a 3DS Nintendo owes them somethin.

People are entitled twat monkeys who need to go jump off a cliff.

I read that last panel in King Cailas' voice.

*sigh* I miss Doraleous and Associates...

If you bought that 3DS anyway, you deserve to be ripped off...

Grey Carter:
Snip

Well most of the people that are complaining are the people who bought the thing on launch, not knowing it would have a price drop in 6 months. It is like the people who bought TF2 the month, week, or day before it went free, they would of held out if they knew it would be cheaper.

Personally, I think that the Ambassador thing is comparable to a "jetpack". 20 games by the end of the year easily makes up for the lack of new material. It makes me almost want a 3DS.

I think the people that already bought 3Ds' were most pissed off, or at least it should have been just them who were pissed off. Fair enough, you go all early adopter and feel you have wasted like $60. i get that. but why were so many OTHER people pissed off?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here