Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Jedi Consular Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Jedi Consular Trailer

As a Jedi Consular, bring peace and justice to the galaxy using the art of diplomacy or the strength of the Force.

Watch Video

This is the kind of diplomacy parts of the world could use more of. :P

Yes, impressive, Bioware - but you're still not getting my money on this one. Nothing personal; my soul already belongs to Dark Millennium.

Maybe it's just me, but the gameplay looks a bit... sluggish.

I'm still planning to try it at some point after release, though.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-SW-TOR

We're an escapist (not The Escapist) guild on here, join us on whichever side of the force you prefer we're pretty casual like that.

Combat animations STILL look awkward and ugly.

(leaving)

One of my favorites so far.

Okay, that looked.. really sluggish. Those joints need some oil. And everybody just... ... stands there. This is disappointing.

[offtopic]
And good god man! Wear something different! Something that doesn't make you look as puffy as an owl! And get a shave, you're not rocking that beard.
[/offtopic]

I'd be able to take that guy more seriously as a defender of justice and honor if he didn't look suspiciously like C&C's Kane.

Sonicron:
This is the kind of diplomacy parts of the world could use more of. :P

Yes, impressive, Bioware - but you're still not getting my money on this one. Nothing personal; my soul already belongs to Dark Millennium.

Hell yeah. Star Wars was bigger for me for many years, but Lucas killed it for me and the kiddified, braindead drivel that it is now, is not for me. Thus 40K has grown alot on me :D.

Just take my money Bioware. Consular looks sweet. Plus they have healing, DPS AND tanking trees? I can do whatever I want? Awesome.

honestly, i'm unimpressed with this game as a whole it has done so little to distinguish itself from other mmo's at this point rift looks better to me and I've seen the server demo-play
( they turned the servers on for about 1000 people and said 'play normally please' to see what people would get upto

Warning, this REALLY is a spoiler. if you don't want to see my opinions of the last beta build do not click here.

Arisato-kun:
Just take my money Bioware. Consular looks sweet. Plus they have healing, DPS AND tanking trees? I can do whatever I want? Awesome.

Sort of, You pick an advanced class at level 10, Sage lets you Ranged dps or heal...Shadow is melee dps or tank.

You can't really swap out your advanced class like a pair of pants, so at any given moment you can preform 2 of the trinity roles. (they're debating this right now, but as it stands you'll be able to switch AC's maybe once or twice)

One little thing bothers me about this trailer...

Yoda:
A Jedi uses The Force for knowledge and defense. NEVER attack.

I'm really surprised with Bioware's lack of vision on this project.

That beefy motherfucker does NOT capture the essence of "oneness with the force," peace, and diplomacy. He looks like Edward Norton (pre-conversion) in American History X. Shaved heads might be a characteristic of eastern monks, but this game is marketed to the West, and in the West bald heads are most commonly a prison fashion or an expression of neo-Nazism.

The combat looks pretty boring too. For a game in which the universe has developed ranged weaponry to laser precision (literally), the fighting seems oddly "World of Warcraft" to me.

And, like everyone else said, it's ugly. I stopped accepting the argument that MMOs are necessarily ugly when I played Guild Wars. All in all, I'm still left thinking what I was thinking years ago when this project was announced:

"WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST MAKE KOTOR 3?"

I find these class videos more of a story thing rather than an overview of each class. The progression video should be interesting though. I don't plan on playing a consular at launch(I'll be one of the multitudes of players rolling a Jedi Knight on launch day) but they do look cool.

I'm excited for this game.

That being said I hated this video..... that guy didnt seem very.... consular-y or mystical.
If it has to be an mmo bioware at least don't dumb it down......

I look forward to rolling a Paladin. *cough* I mean Consular.

Ghengis John:

Not even close. If anything the consular is more like a druid from WoW.

2xDouble:

Yoda:

The best defense is a good offense?

Jadak:

2xDouble:

Yoda:

Nah. The best defense is using the Force to become invulnerable to blasters and lightsabers. heh.

2xDouble:

Jadak:

2xDouble:

Nah. The best defense is using the Force to become invulnerable to blasters and lightsabers. heh.

Huge waste of effort if you just decapitate the person(s) using those things against you, which you're going to have to do sooner or later anyways :P

animehermit:

Ghengis John:

That's what I love about the internet, there's always someone on hand to disagree with you in five minutes or less.

When I see him transform into a bantha, we'll talk.

Using Two Steps From Hell music? The Old Republic just got 20% cooler.

That still leaves 80% more until I would actually purchase it, though.

Ghengis John:

animehermit:

Ghengis John:

That's what I love about the internet, there's always someone on hand to disagree with you in five minutes or less.

When I see him transform into a bantha, we'll talk.

I'll be sure to let you know when they start wearing heavy armor as well.

Jadak:

2xDouble:

Jadak:

Huge waste of effort if you just decapitate the person(s) using those things against you, which you're going to have to do sooner or later anyways :P

Yeah, with his lightsaber. Which, oddly enough, he seems to use far less than he should, being a Jedi and not wanting to get cut in half lengthwise by a Sith blade.

Also:

Yoda:
If you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did, share his fate, will you. [...] For once you start down that Dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

As usual, the Jedi are the coolest thing in any thing Star Wars, while the rest look bland compared to other sci-fi.
This is neat. Especially compared to (yawn) the Bounty-Hunter vids.

2xDouble:

Also:

Yoda:
If you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did, share his fate, will you. [...] For once you start down that Dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Being the right hand of a galaxy spanning empire for decades? Sign me up.

Sorry Star Wars. You look awesome, but you've fallen under the sway of the Dark Lord Darth EA. Allowing you into my computer will only lead to ruin.

animehermit:

I'll be sure to let you know when they start wearing heavy armor as well.

*Highfive for mutual snarkiness time*

No but seriously. That makes me like you. I'm odd like that.

Jadak:

2xDouble:

Also:

Yoda:

Well, not so much "right hand" as "lap dog"... but that's a whole other discussion.

2xDouble:

Jadak:

2xDouble:

Also:

Well, not so much "right hand" as "lap dog"... but that's a whole other discussion.

Not to mention being called names like "Captain Life-Support" and "Wheezy" by your own troops behind your back. Well I guess it's not much worse than "Annie."

Scars Unseen:
Not to mention being called names like "Captain Life-Support" and "Wheezy" by your own troops behind your back. Well I guess it's not much worse than "Annie."

I was hoping someone would say that...
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/anis-dead-mom.html
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/owen-and-beru-burn.html

Ha, ha, ha... "Little Orphan Ani".. Ha haaaa!

I'll get it anyway, to play with my MMO buddies again (half of us have quit WoW by now), but the game is looking really graphically unappealing.

The Lugz:
honestly, i'm unimpressed with this game as a whole it has done so little to distinguish itself from other mmo's at this point rift looks better to me and I've seen the server demo-play
( they turned the servers on for about 1000 people and said 'play normally please' to see what people would get upto

Warning, this REALLY is a spoiler. if you don't want to see my opinions of the last beta build do not click here.

Please don't break the NDA on here mate. It's not cool.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here