Captain America: Super Soldier Review

Captain America: Super Soldier Review

It's heroic, but it could probably use another dose of Super Soldier serum.

Read Full Article

Woah, woah, woah...those guys towards the end of the video in Yellow...were those AIM foot soldiers?!

Still, the game looked pretty nice. Can't wait for that to get pushed into a bargain bin!

Huh, better that I expected. Still not worth getting, but a little closer.

Might get it if it's in the bargain bin in a year. Wonder if they'll make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 when The Avengers comes out next year.

For a movie PRAISING the effort made it does come across as a condemnation. The problem is, with the polish put on this turd will it make enough of a sales difference to push developers further to producing an actual GOOD movie-tie-in game?

I actually want to try this game, like for real (not gonna BUY it full price but...yeah)

it was disappointing when the Iron Man games couldn't get it right even with two chances...like seriously you're flying around shooting stuff and blowing crap up. somehow even that was made horrendous lol

duchaked:
I actually want to try this game, like for real (not gonna BUY it full price but...yeah)

it was disappointing when the Iron Man games couldn't get it right even with two chances...like seriously you're flying around shooting stuff and blowing crap up. somehow even that was made horrendous lol

I very much enjoyed the flying aspect for about ten minutes though. Surely that's enough to warrant 40, no? ~

FPSMadPaul:

duchaked:

I very much enjoyed the flying aspect for about ten minutes though. Surely that's enough to warrant 40, no? ~

loll I remember playing the demo in a store...then I switched to the Kung Fu Panda demo and had more fun playing that

duchaked:

FPSMadPaul:

duchaked:

loll I remember playing the demo in a store...then I switched to the Kung Fu Panda demo and had more fun playing that

That truly sums up Iron Man The Game image

it's really sad, you could make so many great games out of iron man and the actual games were sooooooooo bad.
This seems to be worth my money around the time the avengers come around.

Well, at least it's only sub-par, that's got to be a sign of improvement.

I got a lend of this game, I had a blast with it. But i am glad that i didn't buy it because theres no replay value at all.

It's obvious why you don't punch out Hitler in the Captain America game. That's in the Captain USSR game.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Wolverine's Revenge tie in game. It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.

OT:

I'm a huge Green Lantern and DC fan, but I had no want to play the game for that. This, however, actually looks like a pretty fun game that I might pick up when it gets a little cheaper.

Vohn_exel:
It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.

Don't you mean "like Batman: Arkham Asylum but" stamp?

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws, direction and combos. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

This is also the exact reason I'm going out now to rent this game.

Zing:

Vohn_exel:
It was actually alot of fun, even if it had the "Like God of War But" stamp firmly planted on everything.

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws and direction. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

No I was talking about the Wolverine game being like GOW. This game looks very much like an AA clone, but so long as it's fun I'll get it when it's a little cheaper. I'm a fan of Cap and so a game that's decent with him in it will definitely garner some cash from me!

Vohn_exel:

Zing:

Vohn_exel:

Only having seen these clips in the review it looks like the combat is a direct clone of Batman:AA's. Which only involved one button but relied heavily on timing, counters, throws and direction. Arkham Asylum has the funnest combat system of any hack n slash/adventure game I've ever played.

No I was talking about the Wolverine game being like GOW. This game looks very much like an AA clone, but so long as it's fun I'll get it when it's a little cheaper. I'm a fan of Cap and so a game that's decent with him in it will definitely garner some cash from me!

nevermind, i'm getting my games mixed up.

Hey, look a review of the game on The Escapist! Didn't expect that, especially since it's a movie tie-in game.
I just finished watching SSoHPKC's playthrough of the game on YouTube. He thought that as a game, it was okay, pretty gun, and gave it a 7.5/10 ; but as a movie tie-in, it was pretty fucking awesome according to him, and gave it a 9.5/10 in that regard, then went off to see the movie he's been hearing so many good things about.
Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlTz-qsAfWw&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPAC8DC5B759C8BDDB

Shoggoth2588:
Woah, woah, woah...those guys towards the end of the video in Yellow...were those AIM foot soldiers?!

Still, the game looked pretty nice. Can't wait for that to get pushed into a bargain bin!

Same here, not worth a full price tag what's offered but definately merits a playthrough for arkham style gameplay and general faux-Nazi head busting action.

I agree. I completed this game 100% during one of my rental periods.

This game isn't good enough for a buy people, but it certainly will keep you entertained long enough for a rental.

Meanwhile, the combat is good, almost as developed as Batman Arkham Asylum (There are many similarities). Some of the points mentioned in this review, such as the collectible locations, are forgetable once you get into this game and I did learn to take that with a pince of salt.

So yes, rent the game, you won't be dissapointed. It's not an amazing game, but it will keep you going while you wait for a big release.

Thanks for the review steve, as always informative and helpful. Maybe i'll toss this in the gamefly for one of the months I don't have a lot of anything coming.

I'll be all over this when it hits $20.

Until then. I'll be all over Oblivion again to get ready for Skyrim. AWWWW. YEAH.

Zing:

Vohn_exel:

Zing:

That's okies, I see now that I worded it a bit wierd at first, hehe. If you haven't played the Wolverene game, you should check it out as it should be pretty cheap now and it's a pretty fun game. It has lots of nods to the comics and kind of fills in it's own story where it wants to. It still has the same Deadpool at the end, though.

Vohn_exel:

Zing:

Vohn_exel:

That's okies, I see now that I worded it a bit wierd at first, hehe. If you haven't played the Wolverene game, you should check it out as it should be pretty cheap now and it's a pretty fun game. It has lots of nods to the comics and kind of fills in it's own story where it wants to. It still has the same Deadpool at the end, though.

Well I haven't played Wolverine's Revenge, but I have X-men Origins: Wolverine on PC, and its actually pretty fun. Like a poor mans God of War with Wolverine, and even more violent.

Zing:

Vohn_exel:

Zing:

Well I haven't played Wolverine's Revenge, but I have X-men Origins: Wolverine on PC, and its actually pretty fun. Like a poor mans God of War with Wolverine, and even more violent.

Wait, now it's me that has his games messed up. I was talking about Wolverine Origins before. Did I say Wolverine's Revenge? Haha, no wonder we were having trouble, my bad!

nothing matches taking down the sentinel in X-men Origins Wolverine. However im not sure why the deadpool battle was kept, it required heavy mod to the cooling tower design to make it work in the game.

Hold the phone, a not terrible Green Lantern game and a not terrible Captain America game soon after?

MADNESS!

... also, somewhere the people that worked on Thor are hanging themselves.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here