No Right Answer: Best TV Doctor

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Firefilm:
Wow, we totally didn't realize how everyone would assume we were talking about Dr. Who instead of medical doctors. Sound off if you want us to do an episode on THE doctor, and which two choices we should debate with!

Tom Baker vs David Tennant

The ultimate duel!
Of course, David Tennant has to win in the end, but it would still be a close fight.
Or you could make it seem like a close fight at least ;)

TimeLord:

The ultimate duel!

Which Tom would walk, mainly due to Leela stabbing pretty boy with the Janis Thorn.

Nah, go for a really tough one, like Ecclestone versus Colin Baker, Or Troughton versus Pertwee.

Or the Master Battle, Simms vs Degaldo vs Ainley vs Jacobi.

Personally I'd do the one all the Doctor Who Fans want to know, Daleks vs Cybermen.

The_root_of_all_evil:

TimeLord:

The ultimate duel!

Which Tom would walk, mainly due to Leela stabbing pretty boy with the Janis Thorn.

Nah, go for a really tough one, like Ecclestone versus Colin Baker, Or Troughton versus Pertwee.

Or the Master Battle, Simms vs Degaldo vs Ainley vs Jacobi.

Personally I'd do the one all the Doctor Who Fans want to know, Daleks vs Cybermen.

In order of your duels;

Eccleston
Pertwee
Simm
Cybermen

Firefilm:
Wow, we totally didn't realize how everyone would assume we were talking about Dr. Who instead of medical doctors. Sound off if you want us to do an episode on THE doctor, and which two choices we should debate with!

Tom Baker and David Tennant, that would get people REALLY split down the middle.

SomeLameStuff:
You're BOTH wrong! The best doctor is of course, this guy.

Who is the best TV doctor?
Yes, it's true.
Though I'm still only at the first one.

Everyone know who the REAL best Doctor is...and he flies around in a phone booth

TimeLord:

In order of your duels;

Eccleston (Despite Baker being the only one that could fix the Chameleon Circuit?)
Pertwee (Despite Troughton actually being able to travel in Space/Time?)
Simm ( Personally I'd rate Jacobi over Simms for that one line...and I thought Sam Tyler was awesome. Ainley hammed it well, but Delgado played it with real flair. Really tough one this)
Cybermen (YOU ARE SUPERIOR IN ONLY ONE RESPECT. YOU ARE SUPERIOR AT DYING)

The_root_of_all_evil:

TimeLord:

In order of your duels;

Eccleston (Despite Baker being the only one that could fix the Chameleon Circuit?)
Pertwee (Despite Troughton actually being able to travel in Space/Time?)
Simm ( Personally I'd rate Jacobi over Simms for that one line...and I thought Sam Tyler was awesome. Ainley hammed it well, but Delgado played it with real flair. Really tough one this)
Cybermen (YOU ARE SUPERIOR IN ONLY ONE RESPECT. YOU ARE SUPERIOR AT DYING)

Fixing the Chameleon circuit has never been a problem, I seem to recall that Eccleston said himself that he could fix it but wouldn't (Boom Town if I recall correctly)
Pertwee may not have been the best pilot in the world but oh well.
Simm displayed a real insane evil for the Master beyond being a cartoon villain (I mean come on, a weapon that makes your enemies smaller and kills them... compared to a weapon that is the very opposite of the Doctors screwdriver, that is also a laser)
And,

Cyberman: We have been upgraded.
The Doctor: Into what?
Cyberman: The next stage of mankind. We are human point two.

The_root_of_all_evil:

TimeLord:

The ultimate duel!

Also, that's exactly why Tennant wins. Tennant would never let his comanion kill anyone un-necessarily and try to save everyone. That is, and should be, the very core of who the Doctor should be. Killing everyone is easy. Saving everyone is hard.

TimeLord:
a weapon that makes your enemies smaller and kills them... compared to a weapon that is the very opposite of the Doctors screwdriver, that is also a laser)

The Tissue Compression Eliminator versus a rip-off that doesn't even make sense?

TCE turns people into dolls by crushing them. The Laser Screwdriver reads DNA and then accelerates the time around it? C'mon...that's beyond stupid.

Also, that's exactly why Tennant wins. Tennant would never let his comanion kill anyone un-necessarily and try to save everyone.

That is, and should be, the very core of who the Doctor should be. Killing everyone is easy. Saving everyone is hard.

*ahem* Family of Death, the Slitheen, Madame Pompadour, Dave, The Other Dave, Miss Evangelista... not very good at saving people, is he? The 4th Doctor let the DALEKS live because he didn't think he had the right. He rescued the Daleks because he didn't want to kill them.

Tennnant murdered his way through species because they got in his way. That's why the word for Doctor is the same as Warrior now.

And he had a cool scarf. Scarves are cool.

The_root_of_all_evil:

TimeLord:
a weapon that makes your enemies smaller and kills them... compared to a weapon that is the very opposite of the Doctors screwdriver, that is also a laser)

The Tissue Compression Eliminator versus a rip-off that doesn't even make sense?

TCE turns people into dolls by crushing them. The Laser Screwdriver reads DNA and then accelerates the time around it? C'mon...that's beyond stupid.

Yes but at least it had context. It was created from the Lazerus tech that the Master funded as Saxon. And it's not like ageing things was it's primary function, unlike the doll maker.

Also, that's exactly why Tennant wins. Tennant would never let his comanion kill anyone un-necessarily and try to save everyone.

That is, and should be, the very core of who the Doctor should be. Killing everyone is easy. Saving everyone is hard.

*ahem* Family of Death, the Slitheen, Madame Pompadour, Dave, The Other Dave, Miss Evangelista... not very good at saving people, is he? The 4th Doctor let the DALEKS live because he didn't think he had the right. He rescued the Daleks because he didn't want to kill them.

Tennnant murdered his way through species because they got in his way. That's why the word for Doctor is the same as Warrior now.

And he had a cool scarf. Scarves are cool.

Do not mistake blind pacifism with acceptable retaliation. The Family of Blood were hunting him across time and space to kill him and use his energy for whatever they needed it for, probably the destruction of the galaxy. The Slitheen tried to destroy him and the Earth for money. Madame De Pompadour didn't even die for him, the Doctor didn't alter time by inter-fearing with her life and she didn't die because of him. Everyone in the library were killed by his enemy, not by him, he still tried to save everyone in the end. Whether he could or couldn't is irrelevant, he still tried.

I'm not saying everyone should live by his hand, but there is a line between blind pacifism and acceptable revenge. Especially when your life and the life of billions and/or the entire galaxy is at stake.

EDIT: Also, the 10th Doctor exiled his own duplicate to a parallel world for genocide of the Daleks.

I know he dosen't practise medicine, he could probaply not cure my illness, but he calls himself a doctor, so it fits within this debate...

I'd want The Doctor to take care of me, i don't care if i could easily have been cured by an ACTUAL doctor, i want The Doctor.

TimeLord:

EDIT: Also, the 10th Doctor exiled his own duplicate to a parallel world for genocide of the Daleks.

I think we've already wrote the script for this one, haven't we? ;)

Dr. Blake Downs is clearly the best tv doctor. The healing power of laughter is magic.

GeorgW:
Sassafrass will be disappoint.
I, as everyone else, was expecting The Doctor, but I guess he's too obvious.

Yes, yes I was. Much disappoint to be had here.
I am also disappointed with the many "Who is Dr. Cox?" comments here but I can shake those off. ...Hopefully.

Still, first time watching this series and I may have to go back and see the other videos to see how they are.

If I had to choose between Cox and House I'd first have to know if I'm in reality or the shows reality, because House has the best track record but his knowledge would be useless here, also Cox is better as a character and person. But if I got to choose any TV doctor it'd be
The Doctor

He has a database of all record diseases and cures from the future(got cancer you'll be fine after a shot and some bed rest) and is a generally nice guy/hologram

SomeLameStuff:
You're BOTH wrong! The best doctor is of course, this guy.

Amen to that, good sir.
Amen to that :D

Firefilm:

It's ok, nobody called you a cox sucker. (I promise this is the last joke :( ).

Did he say Carrot Top in the beginning?
Because that's a background pony and make no sense.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Zaverexus:

That would be a refreshing break from the incessant Tennant vs Smith. Blugh, what a stupid argument; that shouldn't even be a contest. Tennant.

Oh please...His tenth incarnation was a pretty emo boy with two emotions, at least eleventh has some guts, and some damn good lines.

Two emotions I will admit, but it a lot better than Smith's one: immature hyperactive man-child.
If you want emotions I think Eccleston was best on that. Tennant was best as the Doctor, but Eccleston had a fascinating real-ish character.

The better doctor and better (overall) show is clearly House. Cox is a regular doctor on a crappy tv show, whereas House is a magic doctor whose magic is sometimes foiled by people having seven kinds of the plague all at once, which combined together are disguised as jock-itch.

And even (and especially) if you do have that magic combination of plagues, odds are still good House'll get you through.

If you're too much of a priss to deal with a poor bedside manner in order to greatly increase your chances of survival, then you are too dumb to live and deserve what you get.

Sassafrass:

GeorgW:
Sassafrass will be disappoint.
I, as everyone else, was expecting The Doctor, but I guess he's too obvious.

Yes, yes I was. Much disappoint to be had here.
I am also disappointed with the many "Who is Dr. Cox?" comments here but I can shake those off. ...Hopefully.

Still, first time watching this series and I may have to go back and see the other videos to see how they are.

I feel sorry for the people that don't know the awesome that is Dr. Cox.

lord.jeff:
If I had to choose between Cox and House I'd first have to know if I'm in reality or the shows reality, because House has the best track record but his knowledge would be useless here, also Cox is better as a character and person. But if I got to choose any TV doctor it'd be
The Doctor

He has a database of all record diseases and cures from the future(got cancer you'll be fine after a shot and some bed rest) and is a generally nice guy/hologram

Seconded!

Best Doctor? No question,it's Fran Madaraki from Franken Fran. This semi-weird (Ok,Ok,REALLY weird) miracle worker can bring dead people back to life, give you new eyes (with Xray,infared,and many other tpyes if you pay for it),etc. If you pay for it, or she can still keep you alive, she'll do it. And that is part of why she is so wierd. Okita,her sister,and her butler with a basset hound head aside,she tries some messed up stuff in the name of science. Think Dr.Insano, but nicer.

I was thinking about The Doctor at the time of reading this title, too, but If I had to pick, Dr. Cox would be a better Medical Doctor.

Ok, all DR.Who references aside, I think that debate was poorly judged. Chris was given two points for the same point he made (increased survival chances) and Kyle didn't get a point for the medical bill? That's a huge point there, after doing Dr.House you're medical bill must be through the roof and if you're out in a day from Cox it must be substantially less.

I pose that this is at least a tie.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or