LoadingReadyRun: The Amendment

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Amendment

Fighting for the rights you didn't even know you wanted to have.

Watch Video

Oh wow, I was NOT expecting the misunderstanding of 'quarter.' I love it when these videos go completely off the rails.

also, more amendments should end with "because seriously, that's not cool."

EDIT: spoiler'd for off-topic.

very good i was not expecting that at all and brads expressions was sooooo funny

glad to see that Brad is back!
and I had no idea he was double american I thought he was only single Canadian.

BRAD BRAD BRAD BRAD BRAD.

Yay.

Yaaaay Brad!

I should actually probably look for him in the back archives, I only remember him turning up in his completely unqualified detective capacity in the first series of Chustle.

Brad should have been cast as Captain Jack, no question!

Brad, long time no see. Glad to see you can still speak English with an English accent.
Also, thanks for the space ninjas thing.

Of course Brad is an American. One must be some sort of tin-foil-hat conspiracy theorist to think otherwise.

Don Reba:
Of course Brad is an American. One must be some sort of tin-foil-hat conspiracy theorist to think otherwise.

Yeah? Well where's the birth certificate? HUH?

Brad is clearly a Manchurian Candidate.

This one seems a bit ironic. Great stuff as always!

I'd like to imagine that this is the guy that Shepard from Rapidfire runs against.

So, a bunch of stinkin' Canadians take it upon themselves to address the American political scene, and they're... Uh... Pretty much spot on, really.

Dammit.

I'm from Kansas too!

I was also wondering why LRR was doing a video about America. Seeing as how Brad is back, it makes more sense.

Callate:
So, a bunch of stinkin' Canadians take it upon themselves to address the American political scene, and they're... Uh... Pretty much spot on, really.

Dammit.

Curse their nosy yet witty reparté!

Brilliant as always. The return of Brad is a joyous occasion indeed.

Wait, Canada isn't the 58th state?

Ahhh fun with words... I could see this happening in politics...

Brad's right, this must be stated explicitly, I'm tired of cleaning up after those terrorists and their crazy quarterings.

If you were born in "Kansas" where is the birth certificate?

I knew it was a problem.

For those who are curious (because I love Constitutional law), I now present for you the facts behind the only significant court case to be directly relevant to the Third Amendment: Engblom v. Carey.

In 1979, prison officials in New York organized a strike; they were evicted from their prison facility residences, which were reassigned to members of the National Guard who had temporarily taken their place as prison guards. The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled: (1) that the term "owner" in the Third Amendment includes tenants (paralleling similar cases regarding the Fourth Amendment, governing search and seizure), (2) National Guard troops count as soldiers for the purposes of the Third Amendment, and (3) that the Third Amendment is incorporated (that is, that it applies to the states) by virtue of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Gods I love LRR.

Sadly, this makes congress' understanding of the bill of rights look silly.

dex-dex:
glad to see that Brad is back!

Oh that's who that is. Lol, I thought Grant had just shaved his beard for a second and I was like ಠ_ಠ

Graham, Paul... You guys are weeeeeird... :P

Keep that shit up! Great work from Brad! Being a medieval history enthusiast, I chortled most heartily at the mistake over 'quartering'.

Also worth looking up is 'coyne and livery' wherein soldiers are allowed nick whatever the hell they want from townspeople in order to sustain them.

That was one shaky lectern.

I'm pointing this out because I couldn't stop staring at it. Y'know, in case it fell over or something.

How many Americans are aware that the Amendments were invented during a time of Colonisation? How many Americans are aware that they're no longer living in fragile colonies in the new world? Lol I said Colon.

scw55:
How many Americans are aware that the Amendments were invented during a time of Colonisation? How many Americans are aware that they're no longer living in fragile colonies in the new world? Lol I said Colon.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Constitution wasn't written until after the Articles of Confederation failed, so we were already a country at that point, albeit a failed one.

sheic99:

scw55:

Unless I'm mistaken, the Constitution wasn't written until after the Articles of Confederation failed, so we were already a country at that point, albeit a failed one.

It's kind of weird, because before the Constitution was actually ratified, the bill of rights also had to be ratified.

Skunktrain:
Wait, Canada isn't the 58th state?

*raises eyebrow* If we were, what would the other 7 states be?

Oh hai Brad!

That brings up an interesting point--are homonyms protected? When we get to that point, is each American protected, under the highest authority in our country, to genetically splice bear arms onto our shoulders?

As a law student I have to point out that a politician cant "Draft legislation", especially not that quickly.:P great episode guys.

The Grim Ace:
Brad's right, this must be stated explicitly, I'm tired of cleaning up after those terrorists and their crazy quarterings.

Meh, do it the easy way, get some blackish-red carpet and use tonnes of Fabreeze.

Gets a little uncomfortable walking on the sticky ground though...

Hmm, I didn't really enjoy that episode to be frank.

Paul didn't say anything for one thing, Graham wasn't even there and the same thing got repeated too many times, just made it a bit boring for me, oh well, it was free so I don't care.

See you next week guys.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or