Trailers: Borderlands 2 Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Borderlands 2 Teaser

Return to Pandora in Borderlands 2.

Watch Video

That told me nothing about the game. >:C

Dual wielding assault rifles, huh? Well that's interesting.

"You had me at 'Gunzerker'"
"I.. never actually sai-"
"Shhhh"

I mean, sure, it had no content.

I'm just excited that it's actually happening.

well that... didn't really say anything. so dual wielding and snow is all i got.
Also mohawks

Dual wielding guns could be a blast. Plays well with the whole "2" in the name as well.

Not sure how we would aim two guns seperately though. They sort of did it for Too Human....so I guess something like that might work, but that was for a console.

Love the idea.....but worried about the implementation.

All I really need for BL2 is new classes, some new types of enemies/guns and I'd be happy. Anything else would be total icing.

Accountfailed:

They are taking the Final Fantasy approach to teasing poor fans.

Borderlands was a great game but had plenty of room for improvement; a better story, more character depth and perhaps a larger variety of weapon designs. It should be interesting to see what 2K will do this time.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, it's almost been three years since the original Borderlands, it just feels like less with Borderlands' awesome DLC lineup. 2012 will make it four years so I guess it it's about time for a new installment.

wulfy42:
Dual wielding guns could be a blast. Plays well with the whole "2" in the name as well.

Not sure how we would aim two guns seperately though. They sort of did it for Too Human....so I guess something like that might work, but that was for a console.

Love the idea.....but worried about the implementation.

All I really need for BL2 is new classes, some new types of enemies/guns and I'd be happy. Anything else would be total icing.

Read about it in GI. That dual-wield is Salvadore's Special (Similar to Roland's Turret, or Lilith's Phasewalk) with allows him to freely dual wield 2 weapons in free fire mode for a certain amount of time. You can dual wield anything.

Four new classes, plus the original four are unlockable in the story, with the Gunzerker and the Maverick introduced so far.

MercurySteam:
Borderlands was a great game but had plenty of room for improvement; a better story, more character depth and perhaps a larger variety of weapon designs.

It should be interesting to see what 2K will do this time.

According to the GI article, all 3 issues are being taken care of.

1) Story is far more character focused, and has objectives that change based on how you complete them. If you took too long to save that prisoner, he's been moved to a new location, and a mini-boss is blocking your previous escape.

2) We learn a lot more about the original four and their motivations this time around.

3) All the different companies guns are going to look different, so that people will actually notice the differences. Tediore Guns are cheap but easy to use, and thus you have the option to throw them at opponents, causing them to explode. A new copy of that gun then spawns in your hands with the device that makes cars appear. Atlas Guns look like something out of doom, with giant barrels and multiple places rounds fly out of.

Krakyn:
Dual wielding assault rifles, huh? Well that's interesting.

Apparantly Salvadore can dual wield anything, including Missile Launchers and Chain Guns.

That told me absolutely nothing about the game, unless its going to allow you to dual wield assault rifles, which would be ridiculous. I hate trailers like these.

I just remembered the first teaser for the original borderlands, back when it was all serious and angry. I like that they're sticking to the same cell shaded art style and gunplay madness, stick with what works.

FINE, take my money. Just give me ridiculous amounts of guns D:

Oh, and maybe some variation in enemies and add some life to the environment.

BUT THEN TAKE MY MONEY

Who!

Who are the other three people!

Sonofa!

This is good. The original had some strengths that really could be built upon, while tidying up and minimising its fair share of weaknesses.

Haha, there's a lot of well-deserved love for Borderlands, despite it's flaws. I have to admit I still boot it up from time to time and lose a few hours.

double post

Booya.
I gotta say, sure the first one was lacking in a lot of things, but when it came down to it every time I had a buddy over and I asked what game he wanted to play, it was always borderlands.
Being as the whole reason I have a 360 in the first place is for the sake of entertaining buddies, this is a sequel I'm looking forward to.

This tells me a bunch about the game: dual wielding rifles, new weapons, a new character, robots, Ice crab things, and arctic and grassland zones.

I guess it's moved from springtime to summer on Pandora.

Seeing this teaser... makes my heart bleed for the epic smg with seriously fast fire, stability, and aim, I had in BL1 on the 360. Unleashing full clips directly into the head, I MISS IT SO!

I noticed something there. That man is a punk rocker. He had a little badge on one of his shoulder straps

and that's a Dead Kennedys symbol(they were one of the premier punk bands in California in the late 70's and 80's)

Yes, I really am that observant.

Nice little birthday present they put up there :p

Borderlands finally scratched that itch that Hellgate couldn't, there was just the right amount of DLC without flogging it, and a sequel, if done right, would be fantastic.

Ooooooooooh! I like it!

OMG teaser trailer didn't contain in-depth representation of actual gameplay. I'm calling it now: worst game ever!

Echo136:
That told me absolutely nothing about the game, unless its going to allow you to dual wield assault rifles, which would be ridiculous. I hate trailers like these.

That's why it's called a teaser, not a trailer ;)

OT: Cannot wait. Borderlands, while it had its flaws, was a great shooter with a remarkably impressive DLC lineup that added a hell of a lot with each small purchase. Much more than four multiplayer maps and a zombies map for twice the price. :P Hopefully this one solves its predecessor's issues.

The teaser could show a duck taking a shit for all I care - I was resigned to buying the game the moment they named it "Borderlands 2".

Accountfailed:

At least it was a real teaser that showed off characters, art design, monsters, weapons and not 30 seconds to a minute of black screen, stupid sound effects and music, then just a a title smashed on the screen. I really hate teasers that do that.

RYjet911:

Echo136:

That's why it's called a teaser, not a trailer ;)

OT: Cannot wait. Borderlands, while it had its flaws, was a great shooter with a remarkably impressive DLC lineup that added a hell of a lot with each small purchase. Much more than four multiplayer maps and a zombies map for twice the price. :P Hopefully this one solves its predecessor's issues.

Fair enough I used the wrong word. It teased pretty much nothing.

Well, that certainly was a waste of my time.

The first Borderlands was pretty terrible, and instead of showing how this game could be, ya know, better. They don't.

They tease at varied areas in the game, god only knows if they'll deliver or if we'll be stuck in deserted wasteland again. Will the level design be good this time, instead of having a sparse ammount of enemies in a small cluster on a huge linear map, or is it going to be the same formula - get in the car until you run into enemies/objectives.

Are the menus gonna suck ass again? Will spec actually mean anything for any class other than the sniper? Will content be balanced so certain classes aren't useless and other classes can do whatever the hell they damn well please (looking at you again sniper)?

Thats why I hate teaser trailers. They're just a waste of time and money, used to hype up people who are going to buy your product anyways. They didn't show how they plan to build on the first game, they didn't show off any new unique features (Duel Weilding has been done before. Alot of times before). It just went "Oooh shiny" so fanboys could wet themselves over it.

Taken straight from Square Enix's practices I see. This one will definately be skip for me then.

As a teaser it did for me what it needed to. I now know not to expect it next year(although a little bit more precise indication would have made me more happy) and it showed off a bit of that new guy, who I'm not crazy about but certainly am intrigued by. One more good trailer and I'll gladly consider this a must have next year when it is released.

Accountfailed:

Hence why it is only a teaser trailer :)

It's not like they haven't told us a lot about it yet, there are dozens of articles, look them up.

That looked like that Brick dude from the first, but then with hair and beard. o.0

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here