Zero Punctuation: Catherine

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Catherine

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Catherine. Or is it Katherine? Yeah, that's not going to be confusing.

Watch Video

i didn't care for this game when i first heard about it and now i just don't give a shit about it

Alright, I need a t-shirt that says "All women are dykes" and I need it now. Go go Escapist/SpitReason designer teams!

I've still to play this and want to, but I doubt I'll be picking it up any time soon.

Bling1907:
I wonder what he'll say about the story.

How about watching the video first and then you will find out.

I loved the laugh when describing players relationship status, Good review overall.

I think Vincent may even surpass Kratos and Duke Nukem in his quest to become the most unlikable protagonist ever.

You know for someone who has only seen one anime you sure have a strong knowledge of anime

Hell you done so many different reference that I think you are lying

Oh God that had hilarious moments, like when he started cracking up himself.
Anyone know what anime he was talking about with the gun?

Huh... knew the anime references were going to come thick and fast...

Anyway, what is it with Yahtzee and burlap?!

Well Im on the same page with Yahtzee about animes dragging on a simple scene to insane lengths. Still, I like 'em.

But Im also extremely surprised that Yahtzee didnt drop this one in a boiling pit of hate. Guess he really appreciated the change from the old and familiar generic titles?

Outland next plz

I didn't think this game was that hard. The story got confusing soemtimes but overall it turned into a great game.

When i heard of this game in an EB games catalog, i was planning on getting it for our creepy friend, because he acts like he's 8 and he'd be all like, "ohh. Boobies in a game? Oh I'm so excited!"

Which is probably what a lot of people are like anyway :P

"...Like James Murdoch at a Government hearing".

I laughed heartily.

The_root_of_all_evil:
"...Like James Murdoch at a Government hearing".

I laughed heartily.

The Murdoch family tree deserves to be laughed at.

That was the worst metaphor ever.

Are we running out of words to use as titles?

What's next, a game called "Robert"?

I would not like to play that game.

If the game treats the male characters so badly isn't it misandristic (?) rather than misogynistic? Or is the game just overall misanthropic?

This is the most funniest one yet! Not only did you added a new image (grinding your teeth and anime eyes) but that snort with us having a relation and the metaphor at the end were too funny! Oh and good review and you liked it (well mostly).

"...your own substantial experience with relationships *AWESOME STIFLED LAUGHTER*"

Oh Yahtzee, you wonderful insult-machine.

Men are tides and women are dikes.....

I see what you did there!

I enjoyed the game. But yeah, Vincent is a tool. It does feel like an animu shows that come every season.

"All women are dykes" -Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

If I were completely thick and lacking in self-respect, I'd make this my Facebook status. Good thing I'm neither of those things.

Loved it for the last joke.

Good, now we don't have to hear "REVIEW IT!" every week. I get the sense Yahtzee watches enough anime to get the idea, but still hate the tropes. Vincent was ineffectual. I bet you this could have been solved in five seconds with a flat "I had feelings for someone else." The game skirted this issue in a supremely ****** up way, extending the drama. I'll give Atlus this though: they know their audience. Stupid, insecure teenage or middle aged men who like seeing implied nudity...and butt monsters.

Was quite funny review (or I was yust waiting for it too much) and I must agree the camera was quite annoying especially when you are about to die .

"Relationships in Video Games" seems like a very interesting topic for Yahtzee in his next Extra Punctuation.

Funny remarks regarding the game and it's ups and downs.

I really hate that I will never be able to play this on the PC though,the game looks interesting.

Yeah, I saw this in a store and I thought immediately, "I can live my whole life without ever playing or even touching this game."

So far so good. :D

Yahtzees funniest reveiw in a while, although alot of it did hit awfully close to home... looking forward to playing the game though...

The last 30 seconds made so much sense, mainly because its partially true.

I LOL'd when he giggled at the thought of pimply, fat losers without any kind of "experience". Personally, I'm a pimply, AVERAGE loser without any SIGNIFICANT kind of "experience".

Also, it's too bad that the purple region gives you the "Shit Ending", especially since I like purple. And yes, I like purple all the more because the Saints (from Saints Row III) have a purple logo.

Strife2GFAQs:
Good, now we don't have to hear "REVIEW IT!" every week. I get the sense Yahtzee watches enough anime to get the idea, but still hate the tropes. Vincent was ineffectual. I bet you this could have been solved in five seconds with a flat "I had feelings for someone else." The game skirted this issue in a supremely ****** up way, extending the drama. I'll give Atlus this though: they know their audience. Stupid, insecure teenage or middle aged men who like seeing implied nudity...and butt monsters.

It'd also be a pretty uninteresting game if you had a strong, secure male protagonist who ended the game within five minutes of it starting in the same way that Lost would have been an uninteresting TV show if a cruise liner had passed by and picked them all up in the first episode.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here