Trailers: Street Fighter X Tekken Trailer

Street Fighter X Tekken Trailer

Check out the gameplay details and info on the host of new characters joining the line up in this Street Fighter X Tekken trailer.

Watch Video

So... it's basically copying the new Mortal Kombat's style of gameplay...

*2-on-2 style fighting with moves that allow the characters to switch mid-attack
*2D combat while having 3D backgrounds
*Powerful scenic moves that (presumably, like previous Tekken/Street Fighter games have done) require some kind of energy bar to use them... just like the X-ray moves...

All without any gore and coming out much later than MK9, thus not good competition on the market. And yes, I realise it's being/been made by Capcom and they were busy working on Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Sorry, but unless you're a fanboy of either or both series of games, I don't see much appeal in this game. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I'm too much of an MK fanboy to care about this game.

I'm still waiting for Tekken X Street Fighter to see how the Street Fighter characters duke it out in the world of Tekken. I know Namco Bandai is busy with their own fighting games, but I can wait.

Come on Namco. *nudges* Think about it. King of Fighters Vs. Tekken.

Wouldn't that be just stellar?

OT: =o I'm certainly interested. Or was until I saw that its not for PC. Ah well. Still hoping it gets good reviews! :D

It looks like a 2 on 2 version of MvC. Not surprising.

Still want to see Juri and Asuka though.

Epileptics should be aware of the flashy title at the end of the video.Yeesh! The game looks good, but im going to wait and see if Tekken versus Street Fighter can surpass this game.

Byere:

*2-on-2 style fighting with moves that allow the characters to switch mid-attack
*Powerful scenic moves that (presumably, like previous Tekken/Street Fighter games have done) require some kind of energy bar to use them... just like the X-ray moves...

All without any gore and coming out much later than MK9, thus not good competition on the market. And yes, I realise it's being/been made by Capcom and they were busy working on Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Sorry, but unless you're a fanboy of either or both series of games, I don't see much appeal in this game. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I'm too much of an MK fanboy to care about this game.

Street Fighter 4 did 2D gameplay with 3D graphics in 2008 and Tekken Tag Tournament had 2v2 with tag combos in 1999 so no, the game is not ripping off MK9.

[quote="NameIsRobertPaulson" post="6.307392.12382460"]It looks like a 2 on 2 version of MvC. Not surprising.[quote]
It's nothing like MvC3
There's no aerial combos, and aerial chains are charecter specific.
There are no assist moves. The best you can do is spend one bar out of three to tag out while the move you inputted is still on the screen and control your new fighter.
Tags out work fundamentally different. You can tag out after you are knocked down, for example.

Byere:

You do realize that officially none of those features were in MK9 first, right? In fact, pretty much all of those have defined a lot of Tekken's gameplay since the first Tekken game except the EX move and super move systems you described (which have been around for ages in other games). Heck, even the combo breaker that MK9 "introduced" and that was sort of new was actually just.. borrowed from Killer Instinct.

Byere:

I've hardly played any Mortal Kombat games, but I do know that pretty much any of Capcom's "Vs." fighting games have featured these styles.

This is also the Street Fighter version they are showing. Namco-Bandai is developing Tekken vs Street Fighter which will play like Tekken, so it'd be a 3D-esq(I don't know if I can call Tekken combat fully 3D, but it offers side movement to an extent) combat and I'd imagine it plays quite a bit like Tekken Tag Tournament.

So I'd make the argument it's hardly copying off of Mortal Kombat, as both companies have used the tag team gameplay at some point and Tekken's gameplay is pretty much made off of juggling opponenets and mid-combo changes come with the tag-team aspect, it isn't exactly new. About the only thing MK9 has on the game is that it did in fact get put out first, but it doesn't feature anything that is groundbreaking in terms of gameplay.

Wow other companies are capitalizing on the guitar hero method of making your own controler and designing the game around it. Smart people >.< curse you!

Unhappy Crow:
I'm still waiting for Tekken X Street Fighter to see how the Street Fighter characters duke it out in the world of Tekken. I know Namco Bandai is busy with their own fighting games, but I can wait.

The day you can side step a haoudken is the day Ryu retires. can't wait to put those Street fighter chumps to shame.
Jin <3 u forver

Glad this game isn't hectic or anything. Looks like I got old :-(.

Now I need to chill a little playing Street Fighter II on my MAME Arcade.

Just had me a seizure.

I remember when knowing all the specials for a single character was a big deal.

Bloody young 'uns.

Looks quite good though, still more excited for Tekken X Street Fighter :)

Still more excited about Virtua Fighter vs Tekken...

Oh...

meh.

I'm a huge fan of the Capcom vs SNK games but this thing can't seem to be able to grab my attention.

Captcha: Certeau hasePa
whadda?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or