Play Dragon Nest. Join The Escapist Guild. Win Over $3000 in Prizes!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Play Dragon Nest. Join The Escapist Guild. Win Over $3000 in Prizes!

An enchanted world. Hope struggles against darkness. Fate lies with YOU.

Welcome to Dragon Nest - Nexon's latest free-to-play fantasy MMORPG. You're about to enter a fantastic world filled with magic, wonder, hideous monsters, evil villains, and endless adventure.

Playing Dragon Nest is so much fun that The Escapist Staff has created an in-game guild for the community and is inviting everyone to join. Nexon has also sweetened the pot by providing 5 limited edition Dragon Nest branded plush poochums to give away, plus six Amazon Gift Cards!! Our goal in-game is to have the largest guild on the server, so let's see what we can do!

Staff members Nasrin, s0osleepie, Encaen and more will be in-game between 12pm to 5pm EDT, Wednesday through Friday this week to hang out with the community and help spread the destruction.

For full information, click here to visit our official event page!

Please Note: The game is available to play in the US, Canada, and Oceania ONLY.

Yeah, so much fun if the game wasn't region locked. Stupid Nexon.

What other game did they make? Nexon sounds really familiar...was it Vindictus? That was kinda neat, but good gravy did it get old fast.

Anywho, anyone who actually plays this game care to explain just what-

SupahGamuh:
Yeah, so much fun if the game wasn't region locked. Stupid Nexon.

Nevermind.

US, Canada, and Oceania only. What a Goddamn surprise ._.

I don't know much about the game, but I have noticed that the ad that shows up before videos is incredibly loud.

I've yet to decide if I'll give this game a try.

Oooo, new game? With dragons? Escapist guild? I'm interested!

"...the game will not work for those outside of North America."

Oh.

Saw a few League of Legends streamers playing this game and decided to check it out a few weeks ago, that was when I discovered it was region locked. -.-

Stupid contest entry box,I don't know if it's because The Spinning Button decided to move the page slightly to the left therefore breaking the text entry box or something,but I can't fucking enter right now.

Alphakirby:
Stupid contest entry box,I don't know if it's because The Spinning Button decided to move the page slightly to the left therefore breaking the text entry box or something,but I can't fucking enter right now.

I had that same problem, but I was able to click on the last field, and then Shift+Tab back up through the form, if that helps at all.

is this game worth trying?

Subtitled:

Alphakirby:

I had that same problem, but I was able to click on the last field, and then Shift+Tab back up through the form, if that helps at all.

We are currently working on fixing this issue, but please feel free to come join us in-game now! Your entry will be valid as long as you sign up on our contest page before it closes this Friday :) Thank you bringing it to our attention.

Subtitled:

Alphakirby:

Yeah,it worked. Thanks for the help.

The download button on the contest page doesn't seem to be working for me...

I'm excited to try this out. It looks fun! Count me in! Look for Pinpin. :D

Aw, I reading the page I was getting really excited about playing, it sounded brilliant, and I'd been looking for a new MMO to play recently. Why oh why does it have to be region locked? ;__;

Futureman:

Surprisingly yes. It is very polished and quite good for a f2p game. The only downside is the abp system.

saruman31:

Futureman:

Surprisingly yes. It is very polished and quite good for a f2p game. The only downside is the abp system.

ABP System? First of all, what is that? And how is it region locked?

Evil Teddie:

saruman31:

Futureman:

And how is it region locked?

Unfortunately, the game is IP blocked for anyone outside of the US, Canada, Australia and other Oceania regions. If I am not mistaken, an SEA server just launched yesterday.

Evil Teddie:

saruman31:

Futureman:

ABP System? First of all, what is that? And how is it region locked?

Somekind of stamina system...if you run out of it you have to wait to recharge otherwise lvling gets grindy.
Play on Nexon if you are from Camada, US or Australia and on Cherry Credits if you are from somewhere else.

Well, I just played through the first couple sections so far, and I must say I'm impressed. It's really quite good for a F2P game. The real-time combat flows much better and feels more natural than the traditional mmorpg "target and poke monster" system. When you smack 5 goblins with your sword they actually get knocked to the ground as if they were really hit by something.

So Im trying to get into the game, made my character and all on the server and whatnots, but when i get the prompt to choose a channel between town and arena, there are no channels to choose from, and I cant enter the game, is it just my computer, or is there something up with the server or am I just doing something wrong?

Or maybe its just the Cleric class? I made a second character and it works fine for him, but not for my cleric...

Grey_Focks:
What other game did they make? Nexon sounds really familiar...was it Vindictus? That was kinda neat, but good gravy did it get old fast.

Vindictus, MapleStory, and Atlantica. Those are their biggest ones.

This game is 1.2gb, it'll take forever to download. :(

Jhoomaso:
So Im trying to get into the game, made my character and all on the server and whatnots, but when i get the prompt to choose a channel between town and arena, there are no channels to choose from, and I cant enter the game, is it just my computer, or is there something up with the server or am I just doing something wrong?

I've run into the same problem too. Apparently, there's something wrong with the Mana Ridge channels today, where Clerics and Sorceress' start. Archers and Warriors start in Ironwood Village, which is acting normally.

I played a bit as an archer, and I rather enjoyed it so far. It's great to play a MMO with actual combat instead of just a target, click "combat" system.

Yea, I made a warrior for now, similar to vindictus, but with more abilities it looks like, so I don't think it will get as boring thankfully.

Is anyone online that can invite me to the guild? I've whispered Nasrin, but it appears he is offline.

Can you choose appearance and gender? I may give this a shot, though I am never buying anything from Nexon again.

Them and their expiring items, even EA doesn't do that.

(Also is there a Team Speak?)

I have a question, I already made a character with a different name than my own, how will you know the in game character is me?

Gotta live in America again?

Im getting sick of this shit.

ModReap:
I have a question, I already made a character with a different name than my own, how will you know the in game character is me?

Just tell them,I have the same name in game as my username here and I still told them just in case.

"...must reside in the US to be eligible..."
Aww man, and I thought us Australians would be eligible for this one!

I still need a guild invite if anyone is online. My username is "Vamantha".

Played. it and LOVED It.

Only problem is the Anti-poop stocking and the fact that it seems too much like Vinductus.

Also, Liam the Blue worlf of the desert?

BADASS DAD.

So let me get this straight, I can play and join if I'm in Australia, but I need to be in US or Canada to win a plushie? *Stops download halfway*

I'm working during the times that the Escapist folks are going to be online, so does anyone know if they'll be online tonight between 8 and 10 EDT to send me an invite?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here