Trailers: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Gamescom Trailer

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Gamescom Trailer

Clearly nothing will go wrong with hunting for cursed gold in the Amazon.

Watch Video

Holy shit, that was a handheld? I'm already sold on the Vita but if this is one of it's launch titles then I'm pretty sure that's the best launch I've seen for a handheld.

You know, it really kind of hurts the characterization to keep seeing him with different girls. I mean yeah, whoo, we get to see the player play, and more voice actors get the bit, but he kind of looses appeal when he keeps fawning over different girls and eventually has a "I super duper love you" moment of heroism and deus ex machina, culminating in a brilliantly lit scene where they're sharing an intimate moment. And then, a few bits later, whether in a different game or later in the same, he does the same thing again.

Though, the Vita does look amazing, if that's real footage. I'm still not sold, but...Damn.

Well , as far as I know , the game's plot sets before the events of the first game and The Eye of Indra (The digital graphic novel) , so it's obvious he haven't met Elina yet.

besides , you should've already know by now that Nathan is a bit of a ladies man. a smog , full of himself , smart ass ladies man.

The game looks gorgeous , and I can't wait to get my hands to it as soon as I get my hands on the Vita.

BehattedWanderer:
You know, it really kind of hurts the characterization to keep seeing him with different girls. I mean yeah, whoo, we get to see the player play, and more voice actors get the bit, but he kind of looses appeal when he keeps fawning over different girls and eventually has a "I super duper love you" moment of heroism and deus ex machina, culminating in a brilliantly lit scene where they're sharing an intimate moment. And then, a few bits later, whether in a different game or later in the same, he does the same thing again.

Though, the Vita does look amazing, if that's real footage. I'm still not sold, but...Damn.

I'm guessing you never watched Indiana Jones then.

They seem to be stressing heavily that it's on a handheld. I don't care. I'm getting one anyway (when Monster Hunter and Patapon come out on it; new games not re-hashes [I'm assuming, I'm ignorant)).

Andronicus:

BehattedWanderer:

I'm guessing you never watched Indiana Jones then.

I most certainly did, and the same argument applies. Though, the wild adventures with face melting, deitic powers, and monkey brains always took the front seat. The relationships took the back seat, and weren't the insistent focus--except for Last Crusade, where him and the inherent daddy issues with a job like that cam head to head with none other than his my-son-still-wants-to-be-me-but-isn't-good-enough father. For Nathan Drake, since he actually has a father figure in the form of a man with a swear for a name, all his baggage is directed at his girls, and it makes him look the weaker character that he keeps swapping whilst proclaiming his rampant love. If they want to make him the Bond type playboy, then show that, don't keep playing with this heartfelt angle.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here