Trailers: Armored Core V - Gamescom Trailer

Armored Core V - Gamescom Trailer

You can't go wrong with giant battle mechs of doom.

Watch Video

Nice to see there's going to be more to multi-player than standard deathmatch options. This may open up for some nice tournament play.

Not too sure about the interface though. I'll buy it, I'm sure, but I currently have some reservations about the more cluttered interface.

Ah yeah... shit... just... got... Real...

I'm looking forward to the hyper adrenaline rush of a blade match in this game.

Did anybody else but me wonder if those voice actors were hired from a Middle School Drama Club? It almost completely killed the mood of the trailer for me.

This "team commander" on the voice chat reminded me of my EVE Online days, and endless nights listening to the Fleet Commander issuing orders :D

zardozpsi:
This "team commander" on the voice chat reminded me of my EVE Online days, and endless nights listening to the Fleet Commander issuing orders :D

Hopefully your FC in EVE used the right voice inflections to match what he was saying. This guy reminded me of Data from Star Trek

If there is actual voice chatter, i'm guessing it'll end up mostly like a bad raid:
"Why don't you useless idiots move north!?!"
Insert another guy playing obnoxiously loud rap.
Insert another guy making ur mom jokes.
Another guy using gay slander.

etc...

There will be no, "good job" at the end. =P

Um...

Am I the only one who got unsettled by the bad punctuation use? Those apostrophes shouldn't be there.

Please be a really good Armored Core game. Also, I want the campaign to be fun and interesting (maybe skip the whole hidden parts thing, MAYBE).

soon I will be a Raven again I will enjoy this hmm not many comments yet this series never did have many fans T_T.

I was a fan back in the original Armored Core days.

Unfortunately, the game's just too complicated for my tastes, anymore. I like customization but you can easily feel lost in all of the modifications.

Until Mechwarrior 5 emerges from the depths of lawsuits and legal crap, this is the best looking mech game I can look forwards to now.

The only problem I have had with the Armored Core series is the controls. For every game I have played, they have been terrible. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game; at some point or another, I got really good at AC2 and AC: Silent Line. However, this trailer... it's so...

Brown. Haven't seen any lighter mechs thus far, and the big ones don't inspire much hope.

ryo02:
soon I will be a Raven again I will enjoy this hmm not many comments yet this series never did have many fans T_T.

The current Term is "Lynx" pilot now since the "Next(s)" is/are a level beyond any former Armored Core Unit(s).

I assume however, like you I started out as a Raven too. Hopefully we'll see each other on the battlefield wither it's as enemies or allies.

I'm hoping to see some footage of "Next" design soon (If that's still their names while pilots are Lynx or if they'll revert back to the Ravens and A.C.s or something new with the new number and build redesign.)

Note sure I'm liking the voice acting. "I'm done" is uttered in the same tone you might say "the toast is done".

I loved AC2, AC3, AC4. This looks interesting.

And I'm guessing auto-stock voices were used.

Singularly Datarific:
Until Mechwarrior 5 emerges from the depths of lawsuits and legal crap, this is the best looking mech game I can look forwards to now.

Aye, what ever happened to that game. I remember a teaser and everything.

Hopefully the choppiness of this trailer doesn't reflect the actual game.

PerfectDeath:
If there is actual voice chatter, i'm guessing it'll end up mostly like a bad raid:
"Why don't you useless idiots move north!?!"
Insert another guy playing obnoxiously loud rap.
Insert another guy making ur mom jokes.
Another guy using gay slander.

etc...

There will be no, "good job" at the end. =P

QFT

At the end it will be more like:
Losing team "$%^#$& you guys, you %$&&*ing suck. Hope you rott in [insert nasty place]"
Winning team "$%^#$& you guys, you %$&&*ing suck. Hope you rott in [insert nasty place]"

:P

*dreams of the oldskool Unreal Tournament Clanbased wars. Before they invented swearing on the internet. Damn I feel old

Lucane:

ryo02:

The current Term is "Lynx" pilot now since the "Next(s)" is/are a level beyond any former Armored Core Unit(s).

I assume however, like you I started out as a Raven too. Hopefully we'll see each other on the battlefield wither it's as enemies or allies.

I'm hoping to see some footage of "Next" design soon (If that's still their names while pilots are Lynx or if they'll revert back to the Ravens and A.C.s or something new with the new number and build redesign.)

I started out on armoured core 2 although I did play a demo of the first game back int he day and liked it but never got around to buying it for some reason.

Im fairly certain that the "lynx" in armoured core 4 was an ex raven who up graded to lynx.

thats weird I couldve sworn I read someplace that the title of "raven" was coming back for this game could be wrong though.

I may even actually play online for this game I rarely do that ... Im not the best pilot around but Im not afraid to lay down some heavy fire by the way I own AC2 , 3 , silent line , nexus , nine breaker , last raven , AC 4 and AC for answer.

see you ... raven

Alpha Maeko:
I was a fan back in the original Armored Core days.

Unfortunately, the game's just too complicated for my tastes, anymore. I like customization but you can easily feel lost in all of the modifications.

Understatement of the year, my cousin loves these games (which I got him into) but once he spent 5 HOURS CUSTOMIZING HIS AC. So I took a nap and played something else, by the time he was done I didn't even want to play anymore

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here