Trailers: Payday: The Heist - Gamescom Trailer

Payday: The Heist - Gamescom Trailer

All this game is missing is Al Pacino, Val Kilmer and Robert De Niro.

Watch Video

Wow, extremely mediocre looking!
Not for me, thanks.

Hrm.. the premise sounds fun.. but the engine looks very dated.

And i can allready see the headlines in the newspaper next time a bank is robbed: "Criminals used game to plan heist" XD

It looked like left4dead, but instead of surviving zombies the goal is to rob places.
Which, to be honest, sounds refreshing and fun.
Sure, it looks dated, but if it is a choice between a shiny MW clone or a ugly yet refreshingly new concept, I shouldn't really have to tell you where my choice lies.
So we'll see, never heard of it before now, but this looks like it has a lot of potential.

I'll say ten days after this release, the media will say this game inspired kids to rob a bank. To be honest this game looks horrible. Its like counter-strike, but crap. Not really gonna pay too much attention to this.

It looks like the L4D engine to be honest, but I'm wondering at the depth of the game. If it's just a 'run through the mission like we want you to'. It'll get dull. If it's got some Rainbow 6 esque 'planing your approach' setup, I'd love it. Even some Thief open world/multiple approach options would be good. Linear point ot point to point would be depressing for a robbery style game.

That trailer was somewhat uninspiring. If I'm stealing stuff, why am I shooting guns so much? Wouldn't that be a sign of a heist gone bad? Or am I just playing a thief who loves shooting his way in and out? In which case I'll go go play Golden Eye again.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here