Fruit Ninja Review

you reviewed Fruit Ninja? I know its a lul in the released games but come on.

I looks ridiculous. Also, it looks ridiculously funny. A game for parties, I suppose.

Since I'm a Forever Alone, I won't see it anytime soon, sadly... ;.;

So this is like a shareware thing, noone could possibly charge money for it.

Never even heard of this, and the first thing I thought of when watching was a certain wario ware: touched! minigame blown up to a full-blown retail game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnr3Jn4STDE&feature=player_detailpage#t=341s
This one.

funksobeefy:

Fruit Ninja is brilliant! I will hear nothing against it. It's a wonderful time killer.

funksobeefy:

I'm pretty sure it was an excuse to show the footage of people playing it ;)

Hungry Donner:

funksobeefy:

I'm pretty sure it was an excuse to show the footage of people playing it ;)

Which makes it all worth it :)

Well, upgrading an iPod Touch app for Kinect sounds pretty logical and, surprisingly, like lots of fun.

If I happened to get a kinect I envision a scenario a lot like this one....

I'm just curious as to the price point, as an XBLA game for around 800-1200 pts, it's looking great, if they're thinking of shifting this on a disc for $60, then they're going to be disappointed with sales I think.

It looks great short term fun, and as such should have a suitable price.

You should review Doodlejump, best Iphone game ever in my opinion. I have like a day logged onto that.

I loved the little air guitar move you did at the end of the video.

Gotta say I wish I had a Kinect, just so I could play this game.

Not an entertaining review at all. I dig the game tho.

This is a great game. It made a friend of mine go out the next day and buy a Kinect. It's good old simple fun, something that's hard to find in games now-a-days.

So far 'Fruit Ninja' and 'Child of Eden' have made my Kinect a good investment.

SenseOfTumour:
I'm just curious as to the price point, as an XBLA game for around 800-1200 pts, it's looking great, if they're thinking of shifting this on a disc for $60, then they're going to be disappointed with sales I think.

It looks great short term fun, and as such should have a suitable price.

It's 800 points ($10) and worth it. So far everyone who has seen it, (My Self, Sister, Niece, Mother, Friends) have all loved playing it.

I dunno... I can't imagine it would stay fun for all that long, even at parties.

I'm confident it's a lot of fun, but no way I'm paying $10 for this when I can get it on my phone for free. Sure it doesn't have all the modes and isn't that good at parties, but the price is infinitely cheaper.

Is it wrong that my favorite part of the video review was watching the growing frustration at attempting, and failing, to navigate the game's menu? Especially when the off-camera crew started laughing at it.

Oh, Fruit Ninja, why you trollin'?

Jim Grim:
I dunno... I can't imagine it would stay fun for all that long, even at parties.

If you hop in and out of rounds, it's loads of fun. Playing for long periods of time at a stretch, not so much. But with a bunch of people taking turns, it's a hoot.

God, those menus look aggravating to navigate. -_-

yay I get to play a game I play on my phone while waiting for the bus. If kinect wants gamers to take it seriously Microsoft should make something that is ground breaking not this mini game shit. Or they could stop making kinect

I was about to say that this review is almost as delayed as Duke Nukem Forever was, but then I realized it was a review of the Kinect port. I forgot they did this because I couldn't care less about the Kinect at the moment, but I will add this to "List of games to motivate me to get Kinect." I have a minimum amount of at least seven before blowing one hundred and fifty bucks on a peripheral becomes remotely viable.

Its pretty fun on my phone, its a bad ass game for killing time on phones.

I'm sorry, after 0:18 all I could think of was the phrase "Give Uncle Steve a hug!" and I kind of missed the rest of the video review.

Fuck fruit. Sitting around all smug on trees and in pies.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here