Trailers: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - Gamescom Teaser

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - Gamescom Teaser

The only hope for Earth rests in the hands of a male super model.

Watch Video

A non widescreen trailer?
Wow, it's been awhile.

Weird looking sort of male supermodel indeed!

Kenjitsuka:
A non widescreen trailer?
Wow, it's been awhile.

Weird looking sort of male supermodel indeed!

It's letterboxed within the "SD" paramters. At least parts of it were. So it's still "sort of" widescreen.

A lot of the visuals looked awful, which is weird because at least one of the quotes praised them. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. The previews I've seen before did make it look interesting, and this trailer didn't hurt that, but...Weird.

Also, if Lady Gaga made a video game? Talk about odd things to day.

I saw Metatron, freaked, and thought of Zone of the Enders.

Oh, well.

This looks... erm, interesting, though.

It doesn't matter if the game turns out good or not, this site has made me watch the same ad for it so many times that I literally have no interest in it at all.

I know it's too early to judge, but that one scene with dialogue seemed really corny, and going on my experience with Japanese games being made into English, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole game was incredibly corny.

Also, the underlying Christian vibes I'm getting from it sort of turned me off.

Did they just mention Lady Gaga in their trailer :S

This empty world with corny text/voice acting yet an awesome art style would make a great 20$ game, but they want 60 for it... utter madness!

Asura's Wrath if it was about Christianity...

But srsly, I want this game...

El Shaddai =(Hebrew) To my breasts.
Background looks... Weird.

Based on what I've seen, I don't think this game looks "Visually stunning" at all, and one quote said something along the lines of "Delivers the gameplay to match it's looks" so does that mean the gameplay is bad?

Ok I give the game props, it looks like it has some artsy things going, we'll discover in the release if this game actually is artsy or if that's just their excuse to cut corners and use flash animations for backgrounds instead of modeling out environments.

Also, it's bad form to bash western devs considering I can name more then a few that have made some pretty ground breaking, visually stunning games.

...is he wearing jeans under his armor?

Blank Verse:
I saw Metatron, freaked, and thought of Zone of the Enders.

Oh, well.

This looks... erm, interesting, though.

Ha! And I thought I was the only one to make that association. Yes, some of the environments and parts of the overall aesthetic are extremely reminiscent of the second ZoE game.

Also, did they seriously just use Lady Gaga as a positive marketing reference? Dear God. -.-

Captcha: manaddi cluster
... Sounds like a sci-fi thing, doesn't it? Maybe a piece of technology, or the name of a futuristic city-state...

Visually interesting, but like someone else said that may simply be to save time and money on environment design. Also the plot and dialogue are maximum cheese. It's amazing that they can even deliver that voice-acting straight.

I also dislike the subtitle, it makes it sound even more cheesy, and it's totally unnecessary. I just don't get why they add subtitles to a standalone game or the first in a series. Like why did DA:O have the Origins in the title? Threw me off when I first heard about it because I thought it was some RPG series I'd never heard of.

Sonicron:

... Sounds like a sci-fi thing, doesn't it? Maybe a piece of technology, or the name of a futuristic city-state...

I'd say it sounds more like an area of space.

"Commander Shepard, we have signs of Reaper activity in the Manaddi Cluster!"
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite cluster in the galaxy."

Stevepinto3:

Sonicron:

I'd say it sounds more like an area of space.

"Commander Shepard, we have signs of Reaper activity in the Manaddi Cluster!"
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite cluster in the galaxy."

Good idea! Maybe I should write a little e-mail to Bioware about that. (If they decide to make more ME games after the third, that is.)

I imported it for the PS3 as I couldn't wait and it is a beautiful game

What kind of acid trip were the designers on when they made this? Seriously!

"A Cult hit in the making"?

The way they have been advertising it, you'd think they are not targeting the "cult" audience...

Also that the gameplay resembles the look... so inconsistent and schizophrenic?

I played the demo yesterday , it looks very interesting , aesthetic wise.

the fighting mechanics were limited and repetitive , though.

will get it used for a cheap price.

"It looks as if Lady Gaga made a video game. Xbox Official Magazine"

Really , XBox Magazine ? REALLY ?! >:/

and they put this in the friggin trailer ?

*A palm to the face*

Played the demo. What the hell?!

Yes, it's visually interesting, like playing through an acid trip I suppose... but the controls feel loose (especially during the platforming), the combat is rather uninspired, the camera is an uncooperative beast at the best of times (and most of the time it's locked), and sometimes the game's art direction flat-out kills the player - such as when you fall down a pit because it's virtually indistinguishable from the color-inverted floor tiles you're supposed to walk on. -.-

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here