Trailers: Armored Core V - Team Gameplay Video

Armored Core V - Team Gameplay Video

An overview of Armored Core V's team-based multiplayer mode.

Watch Video

Is it just me or keeps the "commander" telling his teammates of enemys they are already figthing.

Will be the first game where no one wants to play the commander.

Any we all now how the communication will really go: "Shut the HELL UP man!"

IT will not have the same effect when your commander will be a 13 year old singing poker face...

bjj hero:
IT will not have the same effect when your commander will be a 13 year old singing poker face...

Indeed.
Seriously, this would ONLY *EVER* work in an ideal world.

And what if the commander is a dick who sacrifices me 1 minute in...
Do I have to go make a sandwich for 6-8 minutes while the rest of the match plays out? :O

Fork that, I say. And so will 99% of all players.

This whole concept will never ever... evarrrrrrrrrr work on XBOX Live or PSN.
Silly Japanese, you are the only nation in the world that is too polite to drop the game after 15 seconds, making this absolutely unplayable in the rest of the world. :(

felixader:
Is it just me or keeps the "commander" telling his teammates of enemys they are already figthing.

I was thinking similarly. Initial communication is nice, and alerts of otherwise undetectable incoming enemies would be nice too. That's all I can really think of for positive statements. If your players are attentive, they'll notice enemies and react before you can verbally communicate.

felixader:

I would always want to play as a regular team member. This way I could annoy the hell out of my commander by answering "roger" and "okay" really gay.

I am not quick to speak ill of a development team's efforts but from this preview this game looks awful.

I remember playing a game of World of Tanks where one of our artillery units lead the entire team to victory with minimal casualties using a map that only shows firing opponents as well as those your allies can see and the text chat and it worked a hell of a lot better than what was shown in this video.

In other words, this game would have to be completely overhauled for american markets or otherwise it wouldn't work. For instance: make the commander an actual fighting unit capable of bringing up the tactical map screen instead of just being an observer, otherwise I can see a lot of commander rage quitting.

Cpu46:

For instance: make the commander an actual fighting unit capable of bringing up the tactical map screen instead of just being an observer, otherwise I can see a lot of commander rage quitting.

From BF 2 I can tell you that if you are seriously commanding, you can't participate in the fighting. You can't take your eyes off the fight and you have to be aware of the tactical map - so unless you are a two headed ogre dualscreening with an apm of >300... not so effective.
Beeing a capable squadleader was the hardest part infact, as you needed to find safe positions to bring up the map and issue orders or review orders from command.

Yes - this is done for a niche market that gets involved in the system. It is rewarding for people who like this kind of action but not for a majority of twitch players that need to hear "HEADSHOT !!!" screamed at them every ten seconds for their enjoyment.

I would like to see how the controls are supposed to work for that view. If its verbal com only, you might want to brush up on your japaneses, as in AC4 you just didn't have any multiplayer outside japan.

Did anyone else notice how the "commander" essentially said, "Hey, unit one, that guy is shooting you. Shoot back and then move down the linear corridor to the objective."

Seems a bit unnecessary.

This is doomed to fail with PUGs, but if you can scrounge up a regular people you play with it seems like it could be pretty damn amazing. I remember BF2142 had something like this and it was damn awesome.

Wow, that would seriously get annoying, real quick.

"You are getting shot at. stop getting shot at. Shoot at the people shooting you. Go back. No, go forward, wait, go back again. Use the [weapon you were equipped with]."

That was amazingly cringe-worthy. Is that honestly how they thing it would actually work?! Wow. Someone over there ought to do some market research in BF2...

This is what they've done to Armored Core? Sad.

This is a dubbing, isn't it. The guys playing are actually Japanese, and the voices are re-recorded specifically for this trailer, translated to English. That, or this is all staged, because there's no way it would sound this clean. They are participant in a high-tech mechanical mayhem, and they show no emotion whatsoever.

It would be immensely more informative to hear how an actual game sounds like. For instance, you would actually be able to tell if the system, you know, works. This thing here is way too sterile. Either leave original audio and just add subtitles, or record an actual English-based game. The idea itself seems interesting at least, but it can't be gauged based on this.

Also, the interface looks horrible. I can't see myself staring at it for longer than half an hour, tops.

No way this will work unless you have 4 IRL friends willing to spend 60-70 on this title.
Interesting concept, though other games (f.ex. HL2 Empires Mod) execute it way better. I'd figure probe spamming would get boring realy quickly.

Also, dem voices make me want to punch my own dick repedeatly. Luckily it looks like they won't be in the real game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here