LoadingReadyRun: Ways to Whiten Your Teeth

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Ways to Whiten Your Teeth

All viable possibilities. Viable, but maybe not ideal.

Watch Video

Graham_LRR:

Watch Video

The things we do for white teeth. The things we do...

Electrolysis is for hair removal with electricity.
never seen it with teeth.
and the ending was hilarious maybe it needed to be regular coke. not diet.

dex-dex:

Yeah. The Mentos thing works with any kind of pop, as long as its not diet.

Also, must try the sandpaper method...

That was awesome. "Fix it in Post" had me in stitches. Definitely one of the best x ways to y you guys have yet created.

I like the these "Ways To" episodes, funny as hell.

BreakfastMan:
That was awesome. "Fix it in Post" had me in stitches. Definitely one of the best x ways to y you guys have yet created.

Ditto on "Fix it in Post". Does anyone know the name of the tune playing however?

Idlemessiah:

dex-dex:

Nope, the classic method is Diet Coke. I recall the Mythbusters determined that Diet Coke was the best soda. Jamie even did the reaction in his mouth. No idea why Matt couldn't get it to work.

Bleach, correction fluid, electrolysis, AND car washes to whiten your teeth!? I'm scared now.

And oh my goddamn god. The "Mentos & Diet Coke" experiment falls apart to the sheer awesome of LRR!
First, the Cinnamon Challenge, and now this!

EDIT: So, what was Matt eating for "eat white foods"? Egg whites? White bread? Mozzarella cheese? What else?

Ahh, always love "The Sam Raimi". I'm glad you guys are still doing it in X Ways To Y. LRR is a great addition to Mondays.

BreakfastMan:

Agreed, the "Fix it in Post" way was I think the best of the group. Just Matt strolling along doing that stuff with his hands and that mock smile on his face cracked me up the whole time. :D

These "Ways to" segments always made my day awesome no matter what is going on, thanks LRR!

The only one that lack a punchline was clicking on the whiting ads one // You got the start& the middle but what happens after they are delivered?

-M

Who else cringed at the sandpaper?

Needs "controlled demolition."

Also, when you use the car wash method, don't opt for the undercarriage job. It's NOT pleasant.

Very glad to see the first attempt of teeth whitening be the one most likely to kill Matt. And then having him come back, Young Ones style, as though he was not clearly dead or at the very least very recently back from the hospital. Good stuff.

You know that when they start with a method that will kill you... it can only get better...

Matt's saliva was protecting the mentos from coke-splosion. They have to be dry when applied to diet soda, partly because all those microscopic pits on the mentos seem to be important. That's what Mythbusters told me, anyway.

guess Matt shouldn't have used DIET Coke? :p

anyway, the car wash idea was amazing. next time I go get gas...

Ne1butme:

Idlemessiah:

dex-dex:

Nope, the classic method is Diet Coke. I recall the Mythbusters determined that Diet Coke was the best soda. Jamie even did the reaction in his mouth. No idea why Matt couldn't get it to work.

Yeah I remember watching that. Does work with most other fizzy drinks tho. Exploding-lemonade-bottle-rugby is a fun game to play.
I can't think of why Matt went wrong either.

Ahhh how I've missed these... note that Bleach is the first thing he tried...

Fix it in post though wins pretty hard.

And finally, I did predict we were going to end on the Sam Raimi, pretty much a classic staple of this setup.

Chasmodius:
Matt's saliva was protecting the mentos from coke-splosion. They have to be dry when applied to diet soda, partly because all those microscopic pits on the mentos seem to be important. That's what Mythbusters told me, anyway.

Yeah, he should have left his mouth open for a little bit to let it dry before trying. At least, I think that would help.

Most of the early ones made me cringe. After the cringe-fest was over I laughed though!

Dr_Horrible:

Chasmodius:

Yeah, he should have left his mouth open for a little bit to let it dry before trying. At least, I think that would help.

If I recall correctly on another Mythbuster episode they showed that pouring the pop, rather than simply dropping the Mentos into the soda, makes it so the reaction won't happen because it gets rid of the 'fiz'. Something along those lines anyways.

I love how Matt takes it for the team.

Also "Fix it in Post" is full of win.

Edit: Also since we're talking about Myth Busters...

What was Matt smoking?

Your not suppose to Chew on the Mentos for that to work! It has to be the whole solid round mentos :D

Yes the proper technique would be to swallow as much saliva as possible out of your mouth and make it dry as possible. Then carefully set one or two intact mentos on your tongue. Take as big a swig of diet coke as you can and don't swallow it. Then spew soda all over the cameraman.

A lot of these seem dangerous and/or painful. As in, to film.

Don Reba:
Who else cringed at the sandpaper?

I cringed at the toothbrush.

He would have whiter teeth if graham didn't keep using his god damn toothpaste.

Graham_LRR:

Watch Video

The coke in the mouth failed simply because the process works using the CO2 infused into the liquid. The likely scenario is that the pop was partly flat or Mat didn't have enough Coke in his mouth. You also probably need to allow a small opening for the liquid to be forced out by the escaping gas or you just get invisible gas popping out by itself leaving sugar water behind.

The second I saw the labcoat I knew Paul was going to be the Backalley dentist.

Also while I think Matt is great I do find it funny that of the whole LRR crew it's Matt who doesn't get the Mentos and coke thing to work.

pigmy wurm:
He would have whiter teeth if graham didn't keep using his god damn toothpaste.

This too.

I had a feeling you'd try white out. And also, I've never seen Coke & mentos work in someone's mouth.

I think "Fix it in post" was my favorite.

Huh, I think the last section was actually funnier because it didn't work. :)

Not that I wouldn't want to see the real thing, maybe next week.

shrekfan246:
Ahh, always love "The Sam Raimi". I'm glad you guys are still doing it in X Ways To Y. LRR is a great addition to Mondays.

Agreed, that's what sold the video for me.

sinkirby:
What was Matt smoking?

Probably a swisher or black and mild. They're like mini cigars that you usually don't inhale.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here