Deus Ex: Human Revolution Review

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Ugh, the loading times are horrible! Especially if you are meticulous of not being spotted, but kinda suck at it. Other than that, having great fun with this game. Just hoping that it doesn't pewter out in the end.

Review is over-hyped. Four stars would be already good-will. 3.5 would fit the reality better. People sugar-talk this game just because it has Deus-Ex in the name. Reality-check please U_U

before it came out, I wasn't sure if I'd be interested or in the mood for the type of gameplay when it did come out...and right now, I am so wanting and in the mood to play it! ugh now just need the time and money...

Game studios need to stop re-designing engines each damn game they do and spend more time on the quests and gameplay.

Why I remember back in the day you had a hundred side quests and all the dialogue was narrated and snow was high and walking miles to school sucked because all the portable music players were diesel powered... etc. etc.

Odjin:
Review is over-hyped. Four stars would be already good-will. 3.5 would fit the reality better. People sugar-talk this game just because it has Deus-Ex in the name. Reality-check please U_U

This exactly.

The choices you make in this game have no bearing on anything but the immediate scene. Sure there's maybe one or two choices that come back later but they affect nothing major. The endings are pathetic, the gameplay is repetitive, and trying to playthrough the game again is a chore even on the hardest difficulty simply because they don't change any AI routes or bring in more enemies.

Skyrim on the other hand...now that game can't be hyped enough!

Cleril:

Odjin:

This exactly.

The choices you make in this game have no bearing on anything but the immediate scene. Sure there's maybe one or two choices that come back later but they affect nothing major. The endings are pathetic, the gameplay is repetitive, and trying to playthrough the game again is a chore even on the hardest difficulty simply because they don't change any AI routes or bring in more enemies.

Nah, Skyrim is big, epic failure right there. Even DX:HR is better than that shit on a stick.

Odjin:

Cleril:

Odjin:

This exactly.

Nah, Skyrim is big, epic failure right there. Even DX:HR is better than that shit on a stick.

Which is exactly why I sold DX:HR to help pay for Skyrim!

Cleril:

Odjin:

Cleril:

This exactly.

You better should have kept DX:HR . Why even play (not even talking about spending a single penny) a crappy game like Skyrim which redefines the word "crapiness" being a prime example on how-to-totally-destroy-your-own-franchise? If you insist on selling DX:HR better keep your money for a game actually worth it not this pile of shit somebody badly copy-pasted from all around the game world while being under the influence of heavy drugs :/

Odjin:

Cleril:

Odjin:

This exactly.

You better should have kept DX:HR . Why even play (not even talking about spending a single penny) a crappy game like Skyrim which redefines the word "crapiness" being a prime example on how-to-totally-destroy-your-own-franchise? If you insist on selling DX:HR better keep your money for a game actually worth it not this pile of shit somebody badly copy-pasted from all around the game world while being under the influence of heavy drugs :/[/quote

Skyrim may use similar resources for each dungeon (though that makes sense, one Barrow shouldn't me bade of stone and the other made of Dwarven metal) but they are utterly handcrafted and often full of surprises including interesting boss fights (unlike DE:HR), puzzles (DE:HR had one kind of puzzle the entire game), and even more quests (possibly).

Maybe you just prefer games that tout "player choice" (even though none of your choices in DE:HR matter in the slightest), open levels (air vents or hallway, take your pick), and then proceed to give you one of the most poorly executed storylines ever?

Meanwhile, Skyrim has your choices matter (even if it's just killing everyone in a town, now there's less quests, etc.), features a variety of gameplay (melee, bows, magic, shouts, puzzles, lock picking, alchemy, etc.), and gives the player about as much freedom as one can given the scope of Skyrim.

DE:HR also lasted me maybe 30 hours and a second playthrough on the hardest difficulty didn't divvy up the gameplay worth a damn. There's no new AI involved, no new patrols, it's just that the enemy's bullets hurt more. Granted, Skyrim does that too with it's difficult but at least in Skyrim there's more AI than just shoot player and proceed to die. Giants will leave you alone unless you get too close to them or their mammoths. Bears do the same if you keep your distance. Some NPCs will choose to yield instead of dying (and often they lie about yielding, instead buying time to heal up).

I've played skyrim for over at least 60 hours with just one character. And I still haven't finished the main plot.

And the method of story telling in Skyrim is much better as you can tell what entire locations were simply because of how they look. There's no need for NPCs to spout exposition (Adam Jensen did nothing but spout exposition) because if there's a bunch of cages with pit wolves in them it's very clear that that the game, without words, has now told you that there are bandits which use wolves to fight and gamble. That's world building which DE:HR fails miserably at (you'll hear about augmented people being beaten and ripped apart but you never see or experience this, just an one example).

Kindly accept the fact that my opinion differs from yours and what you like you may like. Just don't expect me to submit an objective opinion that DE:HR is superior to Skyrim in any way shape or form.

Cleril:
Skyrim may use similar resources for each dungeon (though that makes sense, one Barrow shouldn't me bade of stone and the other made of Dwarven metal) but they are utterly handcrafted and often full of surprises including interesting boss fights (unlike DE:HR), puzzles (DE:HR had one kind of puzzle the entire game), and even more quests (possibly).

Untrue. It's repetitive and boring. Once you've seen a couple of dungeons you've seen them all. Very bland and boring. A step backwards from Morrowind.

Maybe you just prefer games that tout "player choice" (even though none of your choices in DE:HR matter in the slightest), open levels (air vents or hallway, take your pick), and then proceed to give you one of the most poorly executed storylines ever?

At last it had a story line in contrary to the crappy main quest (worst ret-con failure of all times!) and the most boring fetch-type sucker side quests in existence. Totally fails in the story department big time.

Meanwhile, Skyrim has your choices matter (even if it's just killing everyone in a town, now there's less quests, etc.), features a variety of gameplay (melee, bows, magic, shouts, puzzles, lock picking, alchemy, etc.), and gives the player about as much freedom as one can given the scope of Skyrim.

Choice matters exactly nothing. Even Morrowind had more choice than that crap game. Furthermore it is utterly dumbed down compared to Morrowind. All fun weapons and spells have been gradually removed (many in Oblivion, the rest in this crap game). They even ripped out an entire school of magic like Oblivion ripped out entire weapon classes. Stats system is also a joke. Roleplaying is next to non-existent in this game. Total rip-out-and-dumb-down failure going on there.

Granted, Skyrim does that too with it's difficult but at least in Skyrim there's more AI than just shoot player and proceed to die.

The AI is a big failure too. It's flacky, doing random stuff riddled with bugs, getting stuck in any crap and being just utterly crappy to begin with. You dream stuff into the AI it doesn't have. It's crappy, animations suck and overall battle is the total failure. Rolling dice is more fun than this random crap-shit there. In DX:HR the AI has actually a goal and a path instead of the crap AI in this game. Every kid in kinder-garden can program better AI than that.

Kindly accept the fact that my opinion differs from yours and what you like you may like. Just don't expect me to submit an objective opinion that DE:HR is superior to Skyrim in any way shape or form.

DX:HR did many things wrong and is inferior to the original Deus-Ex. Skyrim though fucked things even more up compared to Morrowind and is just crap. It's not fun, it's boring, it's fabricated from one end to the other, it has no roleplaying at all anymore and is a ret-con nightmare. So DX:HR wins by messing less up than this piece of shit on a stick. If you ever really played TES and "liked" it then you can't seriously call this shit good by any stretch of the imagination. They really destroyed their own Franchise big time and that deserves a price... the YSBT (you suck big times) price.

Odjin:
snip

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion. Technically I played Daggerfall but fuck that game because the first dungeon is bullshit.

They removed things for a reason.

1. Levitation: Due to the way the game has cells for cities it would be weird to go vertical above whiterun when its missing 90% of it's infrastructure. Cities in Morrowind were (generally, Vivec excluded) in the same cell as the overworld and therefore levitation wouldn't lead to graphical oddities.

2. Spell creation system: There reason is bullshit, yes, but they wanted magic to feel more like magic and less like spreadsheets. I don't agree (because I like making spells) but it's at least a somewhat reasonable reason. Still bullshit of course.

Things like spears there's no real reason why they removed them. Hand to hand should of stayed and just been upgraded. Mysticism has little place in the game given that teleportation spells are completely unnecessary. Yes, they are more immersive but such things require much more time to code and play test than simply sending the player to pre-destined destinations with fast travel. Soul trapping can easily be (I think it is, I don't use it in Skyrim so who knows) part of alteration. Plus what would the perks be for Mysticism? When you teleport you regain health? Teleportation spells cost less magic? Both of these are extremely retarded perks as it doesn't change gameplay to a great extent.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)