Trailers: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer

Have to say that I'm looking forward to this. Looks like it might be a nice mix of horror and action, plus I've been waiting for a decent Alien game (Not alien v.s predator) for a while now.

I was looking forward to this game, but I must say that that looked pretty mediocre. I just looks like a bland FPS set in the Alien universe.

But then again the game won't be released any time so there is a good chance that I might hear or see something more about this game in the future that will change my mind.

This could work... here's hoping they ramp up the horror for final release. The Alien structure is something that could potentially brown your shorts if executed right.

That motion sensor... ye gods. It terrified me as a kid, and I still battle with that residual terror today. I just hope there's a few scenes where you qalk around and you DON'T get attacked, cause the quiet times are the most scary in Alien games and movies. The non-stop action wears thin a lot faster.

Looks alot better than the AVP games... Heres to hoping for an actually good aliens game!

Looks like Doom 3 all over again. I'm guessing we'll get all the cheap scares of monsters popping out of nowhere like in Dead Space but none of the fancy space mining technology.

Aureliano:
Looks like Doom 3 all over again. I'm guessing we'll get all the cheap scares of monsters popping out of nowhere like in Dead Space but none of the fancy space mining technology.

Aliens popping out of nowhere, or somebodies chest, is kind of traditional in this franchise...

I'm still bitter that Monolith didn't get to create it. They nailed the feel of Colonial Marines in AVP2.

This looks alright I guess.

Give me some bolters, chain-sword, and a jet pack, then you seal the deal!~ oh oops wrong game...hahaha...

but really... too many times have we suckered in to buying alien games... non even comes close to the original (the one on PC)... it's nice that they are focusing on just aliens, and humans... but none of these things on the trailers we haven't seen in games before... I'll have to try the demo to see...

The shooting looks a bit dull, there doesn't appear to be any recoil or anything, tad bland.
Other than that though? OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

SammiYin:
The shooting looks a bit dull, there doesn't appear to be any recoil or anything, tad bland.
Other than that though? OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

That's a selling point to me for shootemups, how the weapons feel. The visual and sound combined just the right way makes any vibrating controllers just plain silly. I got the feeling from Doom 2 with the double barreled shotgun, from the sniper rifle in Medal of Honor Allied Assault, and then just recently with the weapons featured in the demo of Space Marine. I swear my arm was vibrating afterward from all that chainsaw* action.
To be fair, this wasn't the best portrayal of the action in this game. Their best bet would be to release a demo and let gamers feel the game. If it is the right formula, then sales are assured. If not, then there was nothing lost and they can scale back their production.
*:Chainsword? I forget what it is called.

I really enjoyed the marines section of AVP just for the atmosphere, this seems like it will capture that to a greater degree. The major draw for me with an Aliens game is the chance to recreate the feeling I got from watching the movie, that holyf**kwhatwasthats**trunthatwasawesomef**k!!! feeling. Also, the motion sensor is a great tool for scaring the crap out of you.

Looks good but the story has a huge gaping hole in it, LV-426's colony would have been utterly destroyed as the teraforming station the marines wrecked in Alien's went into critical overload and would have wiped out the colony. Also the Sulaco wouldn't have been there as it jumped out of system at the end of the film, will still play it but just a hole that I feel sticks a great big finger up at the films end.

Thank god it's not more "Alien vs Predator" crap. I'll be keeping my eye on it, I used to love the Alien movies.

Let's hope the movie industry follows suit and either a)Makes a standalone Alien movie or b)Just stops making Alien vs Predator. I thought those movies sucked...

Is it just me, or did they spell battalion wrong? "The USCM dispatched the USS Sephora with a batallion sized force..." Not a good start...

Sweet Jesus, have mercy that looks good. They just need to bring back Smart guns and Flamethrowers

All you need is L4D with a Aliens skin over it and its win.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here