Tales from the Table: Chapter 11: A Tale of a Lunch Break

Chapter 11: A Tale of a Lunch Break

Thordin's personal life is starting to encroach on the Game. How will he handle (or not handle) this internal conflict?"

Watch Video

I wasn't exactly expecting that twist. Well done, well done indeed.

Ah damn... What a bitch. (the boss I mean, not the girl. I completely understand her choice)

Talk about too little too late.

Ha this was woth the wait (I'm hungry now from lunch scene)! Shame that he didn't came to his senses too late althought it make me wonder if Ruffus is a stalker (how he can recount the flashback more accurately compare to him)?

Those girls are kind of bitchy
you can do so much better!

Ah, damn....

The DM's sis is pure evil!

...This is awesome!

I think that may be the most intense eating I've ever seen. And was 'food' the theme here, or was everybody just hungry when they wrote this?

Charactah!

Kind've served Thordin right, honestly...

The "water across the camera lens" was cute, especially since they clearly have access to digital effects. Again impressed by the quality of the music in this series.

Great episode, but a bit sad, too.
Nevertheless, it was really interesting and I'm enjoying the hell out of these episodes!
Also, that boss was evil :(

Has no-one else noticed that Michelle is very prettyful? There's much else going for this series, of course, and this isn't strictly relevent to this episode, granted, but... I feel this aspect of Tales from the Table has been acutely under-observed.

Wow... I think this was the best episode yet. IRL drama...

Wow! That was really good! Probably the best one yet! Great job!

I loved the episode, but I don't get something here. His.. girlfriend/ex works in the house where he plays DnD in the basement. And her boss works there as well? I thought the house belonged to the DM?

Whaaaat?

Mariena:
I loved the episode, but I don't get something here. His.. girlfriend/ex works in the house where he plays DnD in the basement. And her boss works there as well? I thought the house belonged to the DM?

Whaaaat?

Her boss is the DMs sister. It was explained in one of the early episods, that the DM chose the Game over his carrer. And that his sister took over the buisness.

sinn3r:

Mariena:

Whaaaat?

Her boss is the DMs sister. It was explained in one of the early episods, that the DM chose the Game over his carrer. And that his sister took over the buisness.

Ah, right. That's his sister.

Interesting how that girl works there? Or has she always worked there but hasn't come into the picture until she became Thordin's GF?

Weird.

I feel his pain.

I would do a HUGE anit-girl rant right now but I don't want Susan to drop the "BANhammer" on me.

***P.S.***

I told ya the NEW Conan would SUCK!

Love how this show is developing. I never know what to expect from a new episode.

More great work...this is the best thing on the Escapist for sure!

"I want those PDFs on my desk" ... what?

Anyway great episode, Thordin was kind've a tool the whole time though. Anyway I bet they get back together.

Okay, overall, great episode. I love the acting, I love the writing, I love the directing. Great job!

But I'm going to nitpick (because I can). The Dutch Angle far far overused in this episode. The Dutch gives us a feeling of surrealism or that something is amiss, something that doesn't work in comedy. Using it sometimes is great, because it really sets up that feeling of things being out of place (like the use of it in the final shots were great) but I think that it was overused in this episode.

Honestly, this is just nitpicking. The show is good enough that I can just pick on things like that, instead of major flaws.

Good job, I look forwards to the next episode!

Or she could have told him that her boss was controlling and she had to stop coming down until she found another job OR she could have told him that she just had to stop coming down as it was affecting her work but that they could still pursue the relationship outside of work.

It just doesn't ring true. I enjoy the series but this bit of writing didn't work for me.

I loled at the water being poured over the screen for flashbacks. Also was Thordin sitting "pants off" in the toilet really necessary? Great show btw. Always excited for these.

giantgemclips:
Or she could have told him that her boss was controlling and she had to stop coming down until she found another job OR she could have told him that she just had to stop coming down as it was affecting her work but that they could still pursue the relationship outside of work.

It just doesn't ring true. I enjoy the series but this bit of writing didn't work for me.

I see your point, but it kinda make sense. Considering how easily she overlooks Thordin's very obvious flaws, she doesn't seems very assertive which makes her pretty easy prey to dominant personality types...if you really want to read into it :) I liked it, a little "too much information" toilet scene, but nice twist and nice cat earrings (was that on purpose?).

Exactly, HOW does one get PDFs on one's desk? lol :)

Yes! I love this!
Will the breakup affect Thoradin's performance in the quest? is Rufus a vault? Will our team keep the watch on the wall? Oh the suspense!

Great stuff. I really enjoyed the pair's several lunches, each one more ridiculous than the last. And the Harold & Kumar-style resolution to having several lunches. The real versions of the first bunch of mis-remembered flashbacks also matched up really well. Keep up the great work!

giantgemclips:

Would you go to that much effort to pursue a guy who treats you badly?

OT, there was just so much in this episode that I liked! Thordin's reaction to his first gf not liking Star Wars was great! And did anyone else notice the 20-sided fluffy dice?

Thordin must have enjoyed filming this episode, he just gets to kiss girls and eat food. Niccce.....

Some brilliant background story guys. this is really fleshing out nicely.

great job!

Damn, I'm hungry after watching that and still another hour and a half until lunch time. I liked the way they showed the two sides of the story and how you can be deceived into thinking something good happened when you are looking at things through rose tinted glasses.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here