Trailers: Ico and Shadow of the Colossus - Remastered Edition Trailer

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus - Remastered Edition Trailer

The award-winning PS2 titles from Team ICO are coming to the PS3.

Watch Video

Do want.

The Shadow of the Colossus segment had me humming along. Love that track.

I can hardly wait for this pack to come out. I played Ico, but I never did play Shadow of the Colossus(*tinge of regret*). However, in my opinion, these aren't games you play; these are games you experience.

So many things I want to buy in the next few months!!! Why did I have to lose my job to bullshit budget cuts!?!?!?!?

It would be nice if the trailer was in HD. Wasn't that the whole point of this remake?!

Sigh

Finally,I can play these games. I never got the chance back when they came out and I've always wanted to play them,now I can!

Aww no pc version?

Essential purchase. Loved Shadow of the Colossus and never got a chance to play Ico.

Yay!!

I can't wait for this to come out, both those games are amazing and I'm excited to experience all that again.

I never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus and this is getting me really excited.

Also, THAT ran on PS2? Seriously? Those enemies are enormous! I get that it wasn't at 60fps, but wow, that's just breathtaking. There is now no reason to push out a dated game now. Seriously. The PS2 wasn't that powerful and it produces games a scale like that? No excuse Mr. Nukem, you too Haze. Don't make me come over there Rogue Warrior! You're the abomination of this generation!

Calumon: She looks kinda pale? Maybe walking outside with him will be good for her?

Jack and Calumon:
I never played Ico or Shadow of the Colossus and this is getting me really excited.

Also, THAT ran on PS2? Seriously? Those enemies are enormous! I get that it wasn't at 60fps, but wow, that's just breathtaking. There is now no reason to push out a dated game now. Seriously. The PS2 wasn't that powerful and it produces games a scale like that? No excuse Mr. Nukem, you too Haze. Don't make me come over there Rogue Warrior! You're the abomination of this generation!

Calumon: She looks kinda pale? Maybe walking outside with him will be good for her?

Yeah, Shadow of the Colossus had absolutely amazing visuals. I remember smacking my gob at the bristling fur on the Colossi and often found myself staring off at the skybox while riding around on the horse. It really is a beautiful game.

Don't see enough visual difference to justify the HD-ifying but, whatever.
Anything to bring attention to two wonderful games that might otherwise fly under the radar of younger gamers.

Daystar Clarion:
Do want.

The Shadow of the Colossus segment had me humming along. Love that track.

I still cannot find what its called. Its like the most epic thing ever, but I can't find it on youtube.

Anyone know what price tag it's going to have? (UK price that is)

AAAA!! I WANT THIS!
Well, just Shadow of the Colossus.

I don't care, or want 3D, I do want the high resolution and higher framerate. Those were the only issues I had with the PS2 version. I don't need better graphics, I just don't want blurryness. I want my pixels.

TAKE MY MONEY, DAMMIT!

Seriously though, can't wait. Been waiting for this for a looooooooong time. Since it was announced, that is...

OutrageousEmu:

I still cannot find what its called. Its like the most epic thing ever, but I can't find it on youtube.

Not sure if you found it, but the track is called Revived Power. It's the song that plays when you're on some of the colossi (can't remember all of them, but for sure #2 and #9).

Prof. Monkeypox:
Don't see enough visual difference to justify the HD-ifying but, whatever.
Anything to bring attention to two wonderful games that might otherwise fly under the radar of younger gamers.

Well, it looks a good deal more crisp to me. But it will be worth it more-so to play SotC with a steady frame-rate.

I love these games so much! <3

I want these games more than anything else getting released this year. Only a month or so to go.

If this is under $40, I'm definitely getting this. It's gonna be worth it just to play Ico.

The Artificially Prolonged:
Essential purchase. Loved Shadow of the Colossus and never got a chance to play Ico.

Same here. Ico looks quite interesting, and Miracle of Sound once wrote a user review that got me really excited to play it, but I held off on buying the PS2 version when I heard about this HD bundle.
I think while I'm at it I'll also get the remastered Sands of Time collection. :)

May have to buy a ps3 for these games, got them and played the hell out of them on ps2 but it's recently broke, annoying, such great games though.

Oh dear double post, that's bad of me, sorry about that. But seriously, those who missed out should really try these games.

It' already on my Must-Buy list. :3
On a side note, I kinda didn't see much of this new remastered in HD thing... But honestly, I don't care. I totally want to play SotC again and get ICO as the neat bonus.

Looking forward to this. Ico is right up there on my all-time-favourite games list. SotC is somewhat lower. (The visuals in SotC are nicer, but I didn't enjoy the gameplay as much. Although that's mostly because I suck at grip and aren't really a fan of boss style battles in general, so it's not the game's fault.)

How much can you get a cheap PS3 for now because I really want both of these in HD?

NotSoNimble:
It would be nice if the trailer was in HD. Wasn't that the whole point of this remake?!

Sigh

Agreed. It showed the HD footage and I thought "Well...now it looks like it's on the PS2 on an old, normal TV....again."

I wish they had updated the graphics in them, especially Shadow. That would have been fucking amazing.

Cannot wait , HD or not , I'm gonna buy this and double dib the hell out of it ! XD

i am not god:
May have to buy a ps3 for these games, got them and played the hell out of them on ps2 but it's recently broke, annoying, such great games though.

The exact same thing has happened to me. That includes maybe buying a ps3.

I'm confused, were they supposed to be remade using PS3 graphics or just "remastered"? If it's the former then somebody is gonna get fired :P

can't wait for these games, I always regretted not finishing Shadow of the Colossus as a kid.

Wow, that footage does not actually look that much better than the originals. I am disappoint.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here