Trailers: Scrolls Debut Trailer

Scrolls Debut Trailer

Mojang debuts their second game in development.

Watch Video

WOW, scrolls has changed so much! It used to have dragons and be in an open world, but now its a card game, what! (harr harr, I made a funny)

OT:That actually looks quite nice but I hate those sorts of games so ill probably never play it. Even though it came from the mind of god Notch!

'Coming eventually'

Sounds like a Mojang game alright.

(obligatory Scrolls/Elder Scrolls joke deleted, because lord knows everyone else will make one)

With that out of the way, this looks pretty cool indeed.

Daystar Clarion:
'Coming eventually'

And I thought Valve trademarked that phrase...

The Gentleman:

Daystar Clarion:
'Coming eventually'

Long time ago, when he was invited to the VALVe offices, they tried to recruit him.
His answer?

"I don't want to work for VALVe, I want to BE VALVe".

I'd say he's one step closer to that goal.

A THING PUNCHES A THING!

Epic excitement indeed.

Oh boy a 48 second cartoon.

Sign me up.

I'm loving the artwork, which was pretty much the whole trailer so awesome so far.

Rauten:

Long time ago, when he was invited to the VALVe offices, they tried to recruit him.
His answer?

"I don't want to work for VALVe, I want to BE VALVe".

I'd say he's one step closer to that goal.

Pfft who wants to be Valve they just stole the line from Blizzard anyways.

So it's Pokemon?

um... "Scrolls"? does that mean that they won the quake3 match? (is there a record of the actual match? a video clip of some sort? because I'd like to see a nice game match up between companies that makes games!~)

Looks like they were right... NOTHING like elder scrolls... it's more like Calamity... or Wakfu... shame... I'd like to play an open world game...

What the fuck did I just watch?

Pretty... Pictures? Ugh, that was worse than FPS teasers.

Daystar Clarion:
'Coming eventually'

Truth in advertising. Love it.

Looks nothing like Elder Scrolls.

Eh, I'm not really interested in a card game, and this trailer failed to get past that.

Pwetty pictures? I'm not quite sure what this trailer is meant to convey. If it was going for "Hey guys! I'm making another game alongside Minecraft!" then it suceeded. It seems you get to punch monsters in the face with another monster (if that's gameplay footage at the end).

I suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes that high up at the trailer revealing anything.

okay so it has scrolls... umm... and warriors of some sort... And "coming eventually." well at least they're honest. anyone else think this trailer was kinda rushed and released so bethesda would stop thinking that someone may somehow confuse this with the elder scrolls series?

Nice tease you done there, Mojang. I will be following your progress with much interest.

The Gentleman:

Daystar Clarion:
'Coming eventually'

No, that would be 3D Realms. It's just become cliche since then.

scw55:
Pwetty pictures? I'm not quite sure what this trailer is meant to convey. If it was going for "Hey guys! I'm making another game alongside Minecraft!" then it suceeded. It seems you get to punch monsters in the face with another monster (if that's gameplay footage at the end).

I suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes that high up at the trailer revealing anything.

Welcome to real life, kid. Deal with it.
Considering one shouldn't expect Scrolls to go beta until late next year the earliest, I'd say a teaser like this is being generous.

So ... Bethesda lost the Quake Deathmatch?

Looks good, if they can make a decent card game with some actual dynamic gameplay (Duels of the Planeswalkers take note) I'll be very interested.

Hope Blizzard sues. That archer clearly infringes on the Warcraft IP, specifically the Warcraft 2 archer.[1]

Reserving judgment on the game until actual gameplay is shown, but I hope it's good.

[1] This is obviously a joke

All I remember is an episode of unskippable reminiscing about how way back in the day trailers used to actually fill you in on the game, playstyle, genre, character, story.

I miss those days.

wait this isn't skyrim; now i'm so CONFUSED.

and yes. that was a joke.

cthulhumythos:
wait this isn't skyrim; now i'm so CONFUSED.

and yes. that was a joke.

damnit, totally ninja'd

Nice ANOTHER trailer for a game that shows and tells you absolutely nothing about the game. Congrats. More useless media sucking up bandwidth on the interwebs. 10 bucks says this game blows and Mojang is a one hit wonder with a never finished Minecraft!

/hate

Bit early to announce Skyrim DLC already isn't it?

</lamejoke>

Concept Art the game

In other news... it's a thing. I guess.

In a world seemingly unrelated to scrolls, concept art is pitted against it's brothers in Advenuture Quest style combat... Coming whenever.

This trailer tells me nothing.

Nothing at all.

Like all trailers do, these days.

scw55:

Welcome to real life, kid. Deal with it.
Considering one shouldn't expect Scrolls to go beta until late next year the earliest, I'd say a teaser like this is being generous.[/quote]

I had no idea you were qualified to comment on what real life is. What I simpley meant was that the trailer didn't have any point in existing. An official statement is suffice.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here