Trailers: Twisted Metal - 'Dollface' Trailer

Twisted Metal - 'Dollface' Trailer

I wouldn't recommend telling Twisted Metal's Dollface that she can still be beautiful on the inside...

Watch Video

Sooo... this is like Mashed, but 3rd person follow-cam instead of micro-machines-style top-down? And with a worse soundtrack? Death Race: The Game?

Well...

Thats certainly different from the last Twisted Metal I played.

Wicky_42:
Sooo... this is like Mashed, but 3rd person follow-cam instead of micro-machines-style top-down? And with a worse soundtrack? Death Race: The Game?

I never even saw the similarity until you brought it up. Now I can't unsee it.

Mackheath:

Wicky_42:

I never even saw the similarity until you brought it up. Now I can't unsee it.

Happy to help. All they need is a mortar launcher and an oil-slick dropper and they've got it!

Wicky_42:

You are aware Twisted Metal came out before Mashed, right? By about 9 years?

Wicky_42:

I have absolutely no idea what you just said, and with that:

I am excited for this game. Nothing I love more than Twisted Metal. I don't know why this game hasn't received more Trailers/Hype. Hell, this game looks more fun than the Generic First Person Shooter Apocalypsageddon 4 that is coming out in the next 3 months (Battlefield 3, CoD: MW3, RAGE, so on and so forth).

While I am excited for those too, it is just... well this is a breath of fresh air. Scream Metal Soundtrack, blowing shit up using psychologically fucked up people.

Ah, the little things in life.

Wicky_42:

I think this is more like Twisted Metal.

OutrageousEmu:

Wicky_42:

This trailer doesn't look 9 years old - now I'm just confused :/

Rayansaki:

Obvious comment is obvious - that's what the trailer was called and that was the name blazoned across it. You might go so far as to say that it is Twisted Metal! It's still like Mashed. And Death Race.

Wicky_42:

OutrageousEmu:

Wicky_42:

Rayansaki:

Obvious comment is obvious - that's what the trailer was called and that was the name blazoned across it. You might go so far as to say that it is Twisted Metal! It's still like Mashed. And Death Race.

You know that this is not the first Twisted Metal game, don't you?

Wicky_42:

OutrageousEmu:

Wicky_42:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal_%28video_game%29

WabbitTwacks:

Wicky_42:

You know that this is not the first Twisted Metal game, don't you?

Oh, I thought there was some convention with putting a number after the name, or at least, you know, adding something to the name? This was just "'Twisted Metal'; here's a trailer". But yeah, similarities still stand, regardless of sequel status.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here