Toy Soldiers: Cold War Review

Toy Soldiers: Cold War Review

Relax, Mr. Gorbachev. I'll take care of this wall.

Read Full Article

I love the idea of Toy Soldiers, it's like Toy Story : War Edition. Or something like that, it would be awesome.

Just to be picky and 'all, but I hope to be educational here. Too quote the video "Don't get me wrong, I love bi-planes," but you're actually showing a Fokker Tri-plane. Which, as the name suggests, is a tri-plane. As in "Triple Wing," which has three wings. Bi-planes have two wings. Being very picky here, just had to point it out.

Monoplane = 1-wing as in Mustang.
Biplane = 2-wing as in Sopwith Camel
Triplane = 3-wing as in Fokker Triplane.

If the Americans get Rambo, who do the Soviets get? Mikhail Gorbachev?

It sounds like Sarge's Heroes 2: Electric Boogaloo to be perfectly honest.

Definitely not one I'll be picking up.

I love this game just as much, if not more, than the last one.

And whilst commando is fun, it's nothing compared to the COD-lampooning AC-130. "Watch that plastic fly!"

And the mullet just isn't as awesome as the pilot jacket, which my avatar now sports along with some shiny shades. Now all I need is a gamerpic background with a huge explosion in it.

My only complaint is that it's a little too easy, a vast contrast to the last game, which was evil incarnate difficulty wise.

reminds me of they army men RTS game I had on my gamecube.

OMFG THE LILLINGTONS?

I LOVE YOU STEVE BUTTS <3

ahem....

I feel like playing this game.

All this has made me do is want to play the original Operation Flashpoint again.
Stupid Cold War fantasies.

Wow that looks like a fun time. Fifteen bucks seems a bit steep, though.

Zetsubou-Sama:
OMFG THE LILLINGTONS?

ahem....

Right?

Only game close to this I've played is... Army Men 3D (or something like that)

now if the damn games would only come out for the pc

"And you can unlock a mullet for your XBOX Avatar. A fucking Mullet." - Laughed so hard I spread my breakfast over the keyboard.

"This one's for Jimmy!" -Giggles-

vrbtny:
I love the idea of Toy Soldiers, it's like Toy Story : War Edition. Or something like that, it would be awesome.

Just to be picky and 'all, but I hope to be educational here. Too quote the video "Don't get me wrong, I love bi-planes," but you're actually showing a Fokker Tri-plane. Which, as the name suggests, is a tri-plane. As in "Triple Wing," which has three wings. Bi-planes have two wings. Being very picky here, just had to point it out.

Monoplane = 1-wing as in Mustang.
Biplane = 2-wing as in Sopwith Camel
Triplane = 3-wing as in Fokker Triplane.

Hey, stop being educational in our toy game, gawd.

Awwwww, no love for the Commies.

I loved the Army men games I had for PS1, Some very good times had with them!

JaceArveduin:
Only game close to this I've played is... Army Men 3D (or something like that)

I remember that game!

So the video won't load for me. I left the spinning circle thing go for about an hour and it's still not playing. Although it plays the advertisement fine of course.

Everyone is comparing this to those Army Men / Sarge's heroes games; I recall those being third person shooter/platformers. Maybe my memory is hazy of that era.

Steve Butts:

Zetsubou-Sama:
OMFG THE LILLINGTONS?

ahem....

Right?

Hey, no one word low content posts!

I also very much loved the army men series. great nostalgia there where you had to fight off the tan menace.

ace_of_something:
Everyone is comparing this to those Army Men / Sarge's heroes games; I recall those being third person shooter/platformers. Maybe my memory is hazy of that era.

Most army men games were shooters, but there was at least one isometric slightly squad based one, Toys in Space.

And of course this is being compared to army men games, its the exact same premise just with a tower defence game.

And I've always been sad that the Army Men games went all out as kids games, i think the franchise could be the perfect for games that can be as violent as they want, without gore resulting in the usual "think of the children" BS.

This one's for Jimmy! AAAaaAAAaaaaAAHH!

Blind Sight:
If the Americans get Rambo, who do the Soviets get? Mikhail Gorbachev?

i think they get a guy with an AA gun...could be wrong though

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here