Trailers: Jurassic Park: The Game - Action Trailer

Jurassic Park: The Game - Action Trailer

'Oooh,' 'ahhh,' that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming...

Watch Video

I wonder why the T-Rex keeps growling like a lion...

DAPLR:

If you go about it evolutionarily(Shut up, it can be a word) i think it's more of an issue of the lion growling like a T-Rex :P

OT: Still not sure if this game's gonna be worth it. It does looks like it could have that same atmosphere of the movie, but i'm just not able to make up my mind.

I plan on getting it. Its looking pretty good, and there hasnt been a decent dinosaur game in a while. Who doesnt want to fight a horde of real life monsters? (sure we are several million years off, but the beasts are native all the same)

Oh man. I didn't think about it but they probably got to create some sweet "death by dinosaur" scenarios. In the movie the main characters always have narrow escapes. But now we get to see the protagonist crushed by a brontosaurus, or impaled by a triceratops, or whatever. It'll be like the choose your own adventure books where the best part was always the graphic description of your death when you get things wrong.

(I have problems)

Those quintessential dinosaur roars and screeches always make my heart skip a beat.

I hope the graphics are a little better than this trailer.

EDIT: Just looked up the gameplay trailer and yes, the graphics are better. But the gameplay....is awful! They're not letting you wander around by yourself to look at dinosaurs at all!! It's just this stupid "Select what you want to do and it gets done" thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtiWYjXdcmQ

castlewise:
Oh man. I didn't think about it but they probably got to create some sweet "death by dinosaur" scenarios. In the movie the main characters always have narrow escapes. But now we get to see the protagonist crushed by a brontosaurus, or impaled by a triceratops, or whatever. It'll be like the choose your own adventure books where the best part was always the graphic description of your death when you get things wrong.

(I have problems)

I loved those when I was a kid, I remember that in the first year of elementary school, my teacher brought one of those books with him and he had the entire classrom playing with it, I remember it was one about an abbandoned amusement park, I even remember him crudely drawing in the chalk board the demise of our character, either by electrocution, drowning or what have you. Ah, the memories.

OT: It's certainly looking better, I'm still worried about the lipsync, but it seems like it could be a great context sensitive game, a la Dragon's Lair.

castlewise:

(I have problems)

But they are awesome problems!

And yes, an under-appreciated way in which games can be more immersive than movies is that you can actually see the horrible consequences of not quite making that suspensefully narrow escape...

The dinos seemed to have more facial expression than the humans in this trailer.

Looks like PS1 graphics.

I would like to discount the veracity of this entire trailer by pointing out that there are velociraptors...and it's Jurassic Park...and there is not one single utterance of the line that is obligatory when you talk about velociraptors in Jurassic Park:

The graphics still look terribly last-gen; I know Telltale aren't renowned for the graphical fidelity in their games, but damn, at least they sorta look appropriate in Sam & Max and Monkey Island. Here, they just look... painfully poor.

DAPLR:

The T-Rex roar is similar to the original roar they gave it in the movie. I think it's just a nostalgia/style choice. All of the animal noises sounded like they purposefully copied the sound from the movie.

Personally, I'll be interested in the game if they let me play a dinosaur.

The T-Rex roar always gives me chills.

But at the end of the video. After that distinct roar, I heard a lion or some sort of big cat.

T8B95:
I would like to discount the veracity of this entire trailer by pointing out that there are velociraptors...and it's Jurassic Park...and there is not one single utterance of the line that is obligatory when you talk about velociraptors in Jurassic Park:

Without Bob Peck that quote is useless, he is the only person who can deliver that line with such grace, elegance and epicness.

RIP.

I alwas wonder, when people go islands filled with Dinosaurs, why do they never take lots and lots of old school elephant hunting rifles (with bullets) and that American Indian chap with the exploding arrows.

Like Lord Roxton always says, bugger that, time for the Elephant Gun!

DAPLR:

Because having it whistle like a Guinea Pig wouldn't have the same impact.

castlewise:

(I have problems)

I've seen some stuff on this game doing some press coverage and lets just say there are multiple different game over scenes that involve a little girl getting eaten by a T rex.

not sure about this game. the trailer does not grab me. i think this game will be a let down to the movie (or originally the book). i think i stick with the games im interested in. and this game is not one of them.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that there are so few games with dinosaurs (especially these days) and it's got the Jurassic Park name slapped on it that trailer would be completely unremarkable. Nothing about it got me the least bit interested in this game, probably in no small part thanks to them not showing any discernible gameplay.

I'm just gonna put it out there, this looks terrible.

I dont remmber the park having a rollercoaster, but that seems like an awesome idea.

Is it really a new game? It looked like a 3-4 years old game at least (from the graphics)...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here