Final Fantasy: A Pick Your Path Adventure

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Final Fantasy: A Pick Your Path Adventure

Your choices determine your path in this adventure inspired by Final Fantasy.

Read Full Article

Hahaha, died on the first click......*sits there stunned*

Try again:- click once "cool, no death", click twice *shown painful image of my gaming youth*

curl up in the corner whimpering.

Nonetheless, its pretty cool.

wooty:

*shown painful image of my gaming youth*

Oh, come on, man. Aerith's death isn't THAT bad. Not as bad as Galuf's anyway. Maybe that's just because I played V before VII, and like it better overall, to boot.

Don't get me wrong, Aerith is an amazing character, but Galuf just had me hooked from the beginning of the game. Hell, he was one of two characters that kept me playing, the other being Faris.

OT: Your game is unforgiving as hell.

EDIT: I should probably be putting Galuf's name in spoiler tags in case someone who hasn't played FFV waltzes in here.

I love these. I hope this becomes a trend.

This is awesome. I had my chest blown up by some girl. So awesome! ^^

Calumon: It sounds like you didn't do well?

Jack: Silence, I'm happy with my result!

There is an error at .60! It links to .2 and not to .62!

Thanks reminds me of the pits of despair I read as a child. >_> I wonder if it has been shown that kids who read choose your own adventure books are more likely to suffer from nihilism and depression from the fact in these fucking books, there really isn't any clue which answer works and just randomly guessing and chances are you're going to die before you reach your goal.

Lol. Died instantly. So... Just like the GTA 4 Choose your own adventure thing then...

I wonder who writes these? XD

Clearly, they must have something of a sadistic streak. (I get dying constantly in GTA - it fits with the setting, but Final Fantasy? So obviously it's something about whoever writes these, rather than the setting. XD)

More like 4th wall 0.05 amirite?

Its amazing how something so arbitrary can be so entertaining.

I can't believe I actually played this through to the end...I may be a masochist.

Damn did I die a lot. :/

And whoever bred those chocobos needs to be slapped across the face.

CrystalShadow:
Lol. Died instantly. So... Just like the GTA 4 Choose your own adventure thing then...

Clearly, they must have something of a sadistic streak. (I get dying constantly in GTA - it fits with the setting, but Final Fantasy? So obviously it's something about whoever writes these, rather than the setting. XD)

Evan Hoovler. *points at author's name* See? Says it right there.

Note to self: never approach an orange chocobo...or a blue one...or any other than yellow or black for that matter.

I didn't cheat. See my hand was still on the page.

Hmm this game intrigues me. Will post later.

Edit: Lol died on the first click.

A_who:

Hahahah, yeah. In the later books of Lone Wolf, this was pretty much the only way to play it. No way were you going back to "Flight From The Dark" when you were 16 books deep.

OT: This was awesome. So many graphical ways to die.

hmmm.... is there a "good" end? the best I got I guess is either crushed by a robot or clumsily cutting myself while picking up my prizes (I kinda cheated by just clicking "Back" to explore though.. that permitted me of just choosing, peculiar shall we say, choices for my own entertainment)

edit: though first real death was... jumping out of the airship... thought gravity wouldn't come in play.

But later on I liked the death where the punch you in the face to death... "What?" feels like my real reaction considering what was said to you just before that.

Stay away from the orange Chocobos. I repeat. Stay away from the orange Chocobos.

scorptatious:
Damn did I die a lot. :/

And whoever bred those chocobos needs to be slapped across the face.

Was killed by all five of them.

Was expecting this after the second.

I am thoroughly content having drowned Cid in his own stew.

gCrusher:

A_who:

Hahahah, yeah. In the later books of Lone Wolf, this was pretty much the only way to play it. No way were you going back to "Flight From The Dark" when you were 16 books deep.

Oh wow, and I thought I was the only one who had all those damn books... lol!

OT: Got pretty fricking far on my first try only to die of a self-inflicted Masamune wound. So killing giant robots IS bad...

amaranth_dru:

gCrusher:

A_who:

Oh wow, and I thought I was the only one who had all those damn books... lol!

OT: Got pretty fricking far on my first try only to die of a self-inflicted Masamune wound. So killing giant robots IS bad...

Yeah, big Joe Dever fan once I stumbled upon one of his books when I was back in school. It was the new, hip cover art they used as opposed to the more simpler art that was on the original printings. Pretty cool that all the books are now available for free on his website.

And yeah, greed killed the hero in a rather unconventional way.

Why did I actually keep playing this? It wasn't that good even as a parody in my opinion.

Damn, this thing is brutal. I've been through every possibility and every one of them leads to death.

I'm not kidding. The farthest I can get is this choice between climbing a robot's hand or using this summon crystal, and the net result is the same.

...Although I'm still not sure how trying to climb a robot arm gets me crushed by a birthing ariship.

Dragonpit:
Damn, this thing is brutal. I've been through every possibility and every one of them leads to death.

I'm not kidding. The farthest I can get is this choice between climbing a robot's hand or using this summon crystal, and the net result is the same.

...Although I'm still not sure how trying to climb a robot arm gets me crushed by a birthing ariship.

I think that's a mistake in the indexing, the same thing happened to me. Just change the last number in the URL to 62 or whatever it is. Pretty sure it's 62.

The fact that some of the links are configured to open in new windows while others are not is an endless source of frustration for me.

Oh good. I thought I was just me picking the wrong choices.
Died with every choice I made. That would really suck.

You know what's great, when the right option isn't completely stupid and the wrong ones are all sensible.

Wasn't fun in the slightest.

I like how punching the Waka parody in the face was the acceptable way to proceed. That should happen far more often

TLS14:

wooty:

*shown painful image of my gaming youth*

Oh, come on, man. Aerith's death isn't THAT bad. Not as bad as Galuf's anyway. Maybe that's just because I played V before VII, and like it better overall, to boot.

Don't get me wrong, Aerith is an amazing character, but Galuf just had me hooked from the beginning of the game. Hell, he was one of two characters that kept me playing, the other being Faris.

OT: Your game is unforgiving as hell.

EDIT: I should probably be putting Galuf's name in spoiler tags in case someone who hasn't played FFV waltzes in here.

Too late.

This is not an interactive game... it's a linear progression story with death instead of alternate paths.

Edit: But it's still more interactive than FFXIII

Susan Arendt:

CrystalShadow:

Evan Hoovler. *points at author's name* See? Says it right there.

Eh. Selective blindness. Also, I didn't think to look at the forum thread. >_>

Now I've had to look up the GTA one as well, so... Yeah. Same author.

Interesting writing style you've got there, Evean. XD

I love this, particularly that the FF pick your own path adventure turns out to be basically linear :D

Felt much too random even for FF, not to mention that FF characters practically die 8 or 9 times in cut-scenes and get miraculously saved most of the time, felt more like a pick your path book just covered in FF names.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here