Escape to the Movies: The Unseen

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Unseen

Hollywood can't hide from MovieBob!

Watch Video

What have you heard that you just don't care about any more relating to Vader that has somehow eluded me?

The shark movie is drawing off the popularity of the piranha movie. I can see where this is going, how long till we get the Jellyfish in 3D movie?

To be fair, there really is nothing worth seeing in right now.

I just don't care anymore.

Yeah, that basically sums up my feelings about the Star Wars Blu-Ray release. I am curious, though - will the pointless fucking around that Lucas does for the Blu-Ray release be completely different from the pointless fucking around he'll inevitably do for the 3D cinematic re-re-release? Will Lucas then do a separate Blu-Ray of the 3D re-re-release, with even more pointless fucking around?

Star Wars fans - if this isn't proof enough that George Lucas is seriously mentally ill (or the Jedi Master of trolling), I'd like to know what is.

Odd. I absolutely HATED G.I. Joe and thought it was even worse than Transormers 1 or 2. I have been interested in getting into movie reviews and am unsure how to get a press screening. But Attack the Block looks amazing and I can't wait to see it.

CrankyStorming:
What have you heard that you just don't care about any more relating to Vader that has somehow eluded me?

The new Blu-Ray release of Return of the Jedi is going to have Vader saying "No" just before he grabs Palpatine and bellowing out "Nooo!" As he's carrying him over to the pit. Largely unimportant change ala the Greedo/Han confrontation (and yes, it is largely unimportant, despite the rabid fanatics screaming otherwise) but it's got SW Fanatics in an uproar (again) because "Lucas is changing what we hold dear! WAHHH!"

Honestly, I'm with Bob on that. It's just not as big of a deal that people are making about it.

Back on topic, the last part there about reviewing a new movie would be a nice change. Just wish Hollywood would comply and make something new.

CrankyStorming:

This:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112701-LucasFilms-Confirms-adding-NOOOOOO-to-Return-of-the-Jedi

By the way, are the arguments for hiding films from Critics the same as bringing a movie out straight to DVD?

It seems most of the straight to DVD films (which tend to be sequels) are not exactly er, very good. :)

It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.

This sounded more like a Big Picture episode to me.

But WITHOUT THE CREEPY FACES.

Basically "well I have no material, time to talk about nothing for 5 minutes! WEEEEEEEE!"

I know that due to circumstance you might not have material for a week but you don't you have a backlog of old ideas or maybe stuff you didn't cover. Gotta have a plan B.

Surely there's some stuff from last week or the week before you could have reviewed, or even an old movie, just for the heck of it. Is it really that important to review movies that came out this week that you won't do a show if you didn't see any movies?

Oh what? Another week of no movies? Damn, I was really looking forward to a movied called "The Unseen", it sounded great! Derp.

Onyx Oblivion:
This sounded more like a Big Picture episode to me.

But WITHOUT THE CREEPY FACES.

I'm with you on that... *shudder*

That was a fantastic episode of The Big Picture, although it's strange you've decided to do two episodes in one week.

i really wanted to know if bob liked apollo 18 or not because i saw it today and i liked it

Error: Stream not found. Please fix.

I thought "The Unseen" was that Russian movie with invisible aliens. Turns out this was actually an episode of 'The Big Picture'.

Good episode of "The Big Picture" but I thought on Friday you did Escape to the Movies? Oh well, maybe you'll release one about Conan or The Help later today

No retro review this week?

Didn't you already mention the whole no press screening beforehand in a past episode? I think it was after you reviewed Piranha 3D?
Also Piranha 3DD eh? Well I hope it live up to its name (err yes more 3D ness).

And in a curious irony, the thumbnail image for this episode is also unseen...

leviadragon99:
And in a curious irony, the thumbnail image for this episode is also unseen...

For me, additional irony is found in that the page doesn't load either

Hungry Donner:
It's not a bad episode, but it's something that you've talked about before. I would have rather seen a movie you missed before reviewed - perhaps something that was recently released on DVD, although a classic would work too.

I have to concur. I'm pretty sure I've head this verbatim about a year ago. It wasn't a bad episode, just... I've heard it before... from you... thus it takes from it a little.

awww no review of dont be afraid of the dark that movie is gonna be a sleeper comedy of the fall season:(.

Yeah i know what you mean about just not caring bob another day another pointless change. :/

kinda hoping for apollo 18 because that looks kinda interesting

Twilight_guy:
Basically "well I have no material, time to talk about nothing for 5 minutes! WEEEEEEEE!"

I know that due to circumstance you might not have material for a week but you don't you have a backlog of old ideas or maybe stuff you didn't cover. Gotta have a plan B.

He could just have done what reviewers/critics usually do when they've got no material... done a retro review. Something that a lot of people might've messaged him about and wanted to hear his opinion on.

OT: This didn't really add anything for me... So what should i go to the movies for the next week? "Hodejegerne" maybe? Thank god for norwegian authors also getting to do film adaptations.

Don't you have a soapbox show for this kind of thing? I mean, you could easily have done a retro review. Hell, you could have done a star wars retrospective. That would've been AMAZING. But seriously, save this stuff for the big picture, that's where this belongs.

200: Stream not found. EDIT: Well, it's sort of working now. However, the "high-quality" stream is nothing of the kind, and is clearly the low-quality stream scaled up. The same thing happened to Zero Punctuation on Wednesday. I wonder what the matter is...

I'm surprised you managed to pad that out to five minutes. Well done.

If you still haven't got any movies you want to review, might I recommend checking out The Tunnel? It's an Australian indie horror film that came out a few months back. The filmmakers actually want everyone to see it for free and put it up on BitTorrent, so you can check it out whenever you feel. They're trying to make money buy selling frames from the film for a dollar each. It's an interesting idea. If it ends up working really well, it could potentially revolutionise indie film distribution.

Hey bob! If you have any downtime again, I'd like to hear your opinion on the Marvel Anime series released so far as well as the DC Animated stuff. I tend to get irked on some reviews by you, but i've never really disagreed with your opinion on superhero stuff, and i'd like to hear what you have to say about them. Just a suggestion.

CrankyStorming:

You haven't heard? Lucas decided to screw with the audio and add in extra screams for a vader scene. It was all over here earlier lol.

OT: I think that's lame. If they think it's bad don't release it lol.

ewhac:
200: Stream not found.

Same. Kind of ironic consider he dubbed this one "The Unseen."

You went over the "press screening" thing... I forget if it was in one of your columns or just an addendum of one of your other Escape to the Movies videos... Either way, you used Piranhas 3D as an example of a fun movie that didn't get press screening because the studios thought it was junk and therefore thought critics would discourage people from seeing it.

Also, what is it about Darth Vadar that you heard?

Urh:

I just don't care anymore.

Star Wars fans - if this isn't proof enough that George Lucas is seriously mentally ill (or the Jedi Master of trolling), I'd like to know what is.

I am altering the film. Pray I don't alter it any further

No....DON'T see attack the Block...just don't

Its fun in an alternative way...but for us casual movie goers, it sucks outright

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here